RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 12-25-2021, 09:31 AM

Post Homebrew project variant: Project odyssesy where Morrow goes Xcom-esque

So this is a more sci-fi take on the project feedback is always welcome!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...t?usp=drivesdk
Old 12-25-2021, 05:20 PM
Registered Registrant

Sounds a bit like War Against the Chtorr (not in a bad way and the Chtorr books might be useful for ideas)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wa...nst_the_Chtorr

Some other resources that might be useful for you: -

This page is for the videogame series but the download section has an offline version of the first game's UFOPedia. I thought it might be useful
http://www.xcomufo.com/x1dl.html

This PDF was for converting the first X-Com game to the Savage Worlds rules
https://web.archive.org/web/20111012...avageX-Com.pdf

This download is the quickstart rules for a game that was apparently not successful on kickstarter but supposed to in the vein of X-Com (I haven't checked it myself yet)
https://www.scribd.com/document/2508...act-QuickStart

I do have a question about the precursors, you have a paragraph giving some details but it seems unfinished. Specifically, it mentions that they have proportionally longer limbs suggesting... there's no more info, from there it goes on to mention enlarged canines.
Old 12-26-2021, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic View Post
I do have a question about the precursors, you have a paragraph giving some details but it seems unfinished. Specifically, it mentions that they have proportionally longer limbs suggesting... there's no more info, from there it goes on to mention enlarged canines.
Will definitely need to check those out! Also saw what you meant and made moves to clarify and update it. Let me know if that makes some more sense!

Any thoughts on the UTO's by the way? Trying to make the entries sound at least vaguely like an entry someone might read in a briefing.
Old 12-26-2021, 03:40 PM
Registered Registrant

Generally I like them although the Myrmidon entry is a bit confusing in regard to them hunting parasites of the Quakers. I think if the sentence were arranged like this it would be less confusing: -
... linked in some way to the titanic creatures beyond hunting their parasites (to feast on by regurgitating their stomach onto a subdued creature).

Or perhaps: -
... linked in some way to the titanic creatures beyond hunting their parasites (the Myrmidons feast on these parasites by regurgitating their stomach onto a subdued creature).

Kharybdis and Hydra makes me think of the Greek legends of mighty heroes/heroines fighting powerful monsters. I don't know if that was your intent but it definitely works in context of your game world - the members of the Project going out to slay the beasts that threaten the world!
Old 12-26-2021, 04:52 PM

I'll clarify the myrmidon entry here in a bit. And that was definitely the intent! Well and to justify the Project having flamethrowers.

I'll probably put in a few more UTO's, do some brief faction entries of the bigger players(KFS, Krell etc.) And then some stats for UTO's/any weirdness that might crop up.
Old 12-27-2021, 05:45 AM

Added two UTOS And clarified the Myrmidons a bit I hope. And started adding in rules for bonuses for cutting said UTO's up.

Last edited by knightofrubus; 12-27-2021 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-30-2021, 10:15 AM

Started adding in Canon groups such as Maxwell's militia and warriors of Krell.
Old 01-31-2022, 06:19 AM

Slight update adding in things like career paths and house rules to make it work with the Twilight 2k 4e rules.