RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite T2K-era SMG?
MP-5 family 29 65.91%
Uzi family 5 11.36%
Sterling 1 2.27%
MAC-10 0 0%
Beretta PM-12 1 2.27%
PM-84 0 0%
Vz-61 Skorpion 0 0%
M-3A1 "Grease gun" 0 0%
Other (please specify in post) 7 15.91%
None. SMGs are useless. 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters View Post
During your stint with the Ecudorian Fuerza Juvenil?

My family lived next door to a retired Ecuadorian army general. They had a guard posted outside in a little booth, 24/7. My brother and I explained the rules of baseball to one of the guards in exchange for him letting us take pictures of each other holding the Uzi. He even gave us each a 9mm bullet!

Unfortunately, he never pulled another shift at the guard shack. I think he probably got busted for the missing bullets.
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048
Old 02-16-2010, 11:10 AM

I think the MP-5 family is awesome and a fun gun to use. I never shot any full auto MP-5's and am basing this off the semi auto versions I shot. However, I used to hate the FN P90 because it looked so weird. That all changed when I bought the semi auto carbine version. I would take the P90 subgun hands down now after getting this. It's one accurate s.o.b. and light as hell. The recoil is a joke and is easy to get back on taget with fast. Only has one bad feature. The 50 round horizotal magazines are slow to reload, but hay you got 50 rounds.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:53 PM

PPSH-41
that many dead nazi's cant be wrong.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:46 AM

I went with the MP5 family as well - very versatile range of weapons, and the fact that it is the staple of special ops units world wide has to count for something Also its a weapon that would be reasonably available here in NI if the shtf - its the standard longarm for the PSNI, alongside the HK33.

There are probably a few Sterlings kicking around over here too as that wa what the police used prior to the HK switch. Uzi's are great looking weapons as well, the Garda Special Branch used to issue them, but afaik they've been replaced with MP5's as well. The only other weapon on the list that I've come across was an old airsoft Beretta M12 that I owned years ago. Always thought it was a good looking gun with striking lines, but as for real life use/practicalities, I've no idea. Shoots a mean 6mm BB though
Old 05-13-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonmark6 View Post
Tommy gun, forward pistol grip, cutts compensator and 100 round drum. Old school all the way.
Amen Brother! I've actually fired one. Lemme tell ya, the 100 round drum is heavy but it does help keep the muzzle down.
I had an M1A1 Thompson in Nam. Got it off a combat engineer who was rotating back to the world.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:10 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via AIM to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via MSN to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via Yahoo to Nowhere Man 1966

I'm an "old fashioned 1980's type of guy" so I'll go with the Uzi.

Chuck
Old 08-26-2010, 10:37 PM

I chose the MP5 series of weapons. I have a friend who owns an MP-5A2 and his wife owns a full sized Uzi. Both of the weapons can host a supressor but I like the accuracy and the optional stuff for the MP-5 better.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:48 AM
Registered Kraut

Default MP5

Well, it's the MP5 for me. The reasons:

1. As it seems, it is a trusted and proven arm, with a lot of law enforcement agencies worldwide using it. Special military forces use it, too. So, it seems to work.

2. Some years past a former schoolmate of mine joined the police, where he was trained with the MP5. He had been serving with the Bundeswehr and said, if you were used to a G3, you'd have no trouble with the MP5. He is no loudmouth, so I'll trust him with that.

3. The MP5's housing accepts the same sighting devices as the G3. So you could use starlight scopes, telescopic sights and so on. I don't know, if it is neccessary, but it is a cool option.

Some words on the MP2A1 (Better known as Uzi. In this case the variant with the folding metal shoulderpiece.), the only SMG I had to deal with in RL: As the MILAN gunner in our squad, I had the questionable honor to be equipped with one of those. Well, the design plainly sucks. Whenever you were ordered to "shoulder" the weapon and hurry to another foxhole or whatever, that little bunch of junk ended up in your groins. No matter, how you tried to hang that thing over your back, something hit you. No matter, if it was folded or unfolded, magazine or shoulderstock bit you in a very prominent part of the male body.
And: The Uzis, we were equipped with, were so old, Major Uzila has certainly put them together all by himself.
When I first was ordered to shoot with it at the firing range, we were commanded to fire 3 single shots. What happened: I pulled the trigger and the whole magazine load was sprayed towards the target. My Stabsunteroffizier went red in his face, opened his mouth and, before giving me some "further instructions", looked at the safety notch. Hm, it stood on "single fire". He got calm again and just said: "Oh, it's one of those ..."

Fortunately, our company had too much G3s in the inventory. We (the MILAN gunners) could most of the time choose our weapon. Now guess, what I took ...

"IT'S A FREAKIN GAME, PEOPLE!"; Weswood, 5-12-2012

Last edited by B.T.; 08-27-2010 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Correction of spelling!
Old 08-27-2010, 08:35 AM

PPsH-41

Simple, efficient, and it looks terrific.

Tags
polls, weapons