RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2013, 10:26 AM

Default US Targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
I have posted them to the "Target List" thread in a zipped excel file. I updated the above links.
Hey, just joined and had a question as far as US Targets in this list. Is this the list of ALL US targets that were hit in the campaign or just an abbreviated list. there were obviously many more targets identified nationally (I live in NC and thus know several) that are not listed as affected...Fort Bragg, NC and Pope AFB just for two military sites and my town of Greensboro for another strategic site. Anyone? Thanks-

Dusty
Old 03-17-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1776 View Post
Hey, just joined and had a question as far as US Targets in this list. Is this the list of ALL US targets that were hit in the campaign or just an abbreviated list. there were obviously many more targets identified nationally (I live in NC and thus know several) that are not listed as affected...Fort Bragg, NC and Pope AFB just for two military sites and my town of Greensboro for another strategic site.
The target lists published in the various official T2K rulebooks, sourcebooks and modules generally only list nuclear strikes of 0.5 megatons or greater. They therefore don't include smaller nuclear strikes, massive conventional strikes or attacks using other WMDs.

Furthermore, owing to the gradually escalating nature of the nuclear exchange in T2K, locations that were known nuclear targets in the real world may not necesarily have been hit in the T2K universe.

As always, individual GMs are the ones who decide what targets were or weren't hit in their campaigns.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Banned

We do know that at least one state only had the nuclear targets listed for that state and those only

Allegheny Uprising states that the only nuclear attacks in the whole state were the ones directed at the refineries and oil facilities at Marcus Hook and Philly - but that nothing else was touched at all by the nuclear exchange in the state - meaning that the big defense plant at York, along with Harley and Caterpillar, wasnt hit, neither was Mack's assembly facilities in Allentown, just to name a few vital installations for the US military. (the York plant would have been building M109, M88A1 and A2, M8, FAASV, M9ACE and Bradleys)

So at least for the state of Pennsylvania we definitely know that the only nukes that hit were the major ones
Old 03-21-2013, 09:05 AM

Thanks guys for the thoughts....I of course was (like most players/GMs) thinking of the possible adventures and importance of the NC Triad Region (Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point) in T2K timeline. The importance Strategically speaking of the area has definitely been something that we have always wondered about around here as we have always known that we were a Secondary Strategic Hit site- primarily due to our Tank Farm. Colonial Pipe Co. has had there farm here since the late sixties I believe and this is the finish line for their 2 mainlines pumped out of the Gulf Coast area, stored in the Tank Farm and then pumped out to other sources-in fact most of the fuel oil along the east coast as far as NJ/NY come from this Farm and it has a capacity in excess of 100 million gallons in all grades from crude to military and aviation/jet fuels. Needless to say if the nukes never fell on Ft. Bragg/Pope AFB or the Triad area, this could be a major point of interest-not to mention the large amount of trucking sales/service/repairs here (Volvo, Mack, International, Peterbuilt and Freightliner all have sales locations and repairs facilities also along I40), medical facilities (Wake Forest Medical/Bowman Grey Hospital in Winston and several Pharm. companies as well as a Convatec production facility here-they create advanced wound care materials), TIMCO Aircraft repair facility and the region is laced with hydroelectric and coal/steam power plants {Belews Creek is the largest in the country I believe} plants makes it an interesting area for creating a strong living/government/kingdom...anyway just thought I would get opinions...

Thanks-
Dusty
Old 05-24-2013, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

I have put all the attachments in a zip file for easy downloading.

*** removed dead link ***

There are some ads on this site and you have to wait 60 seconds before you download, but I have this account for work so the link will stay alive even if people don't download it for a while.

The last time the site went down it was because it was overloaded by something (I suspect a bot computer) trying to download all the attachments at once. This won't resolve that issue, but in the event it is actually a person, it will make it easier for them and will keep the cpu/disk and bandwidth pressure off this site. It will also allow me to ban the IP address if I see the same pattern again as I will know it is not a person.

Last edited by kato13; 12-27-2020 at 04:18 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Banned

Keeps taking me to ad sites - and the download time I got was almost 15 minutes
Old 08-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Worked for me in IE and Safari (but with annoying ads i dont see in firefox).

I'll look for another option.