RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 01-09-2013, 11:54 PM
Resident Medic, Crazy Finn

What the two esteemed gentlemen (or the kangaroo and the esteemed gentleman) said. As for the 2k13 campaign - who do I have to promise my left nut to in order to get in?
"Listen to me, nugget, and listen good. Don't go poppin' your head out like that, unless you want it shot off. And if you do get it shot off, make sure you're dead, because if you ain't, guess who's gotta drag your sorry ass off the field? Were short on everything, so the only painkiller I have comes in 9mm doses. Now get the hell out of my foxhole!" - an unknown medic somewhere, 2013.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:08 PM

Well, guess I better jump on in!

I'm comped. If you wonder, I'm in the eastern half on the US. High school student (currently). Mostly I'm focused on theater/play writing, but I've read a fair bit of the t2k/2013 modules/core books. I have several ideas for source books jumping around in me head, which I will find time to write down and share. Never ever played t2k/2013 though.

comped
Old 02-04-2013, 07:58 PM

I quickly dropped DnD for the 1st T2K. I'm currently trying to use V2.2 and the civvy careers and gear from T2K13. I've known of Paul Mulcahy's site for ever. My idea was to have a military campaign and "Homefront" featuring a NG unit abroad and thier families back home. I'm trying to find the many scattered notes.....
Old 02-05-2013, 10:06 AM
Banned

great idea - cant wait to see more posts from you
Old 02-05-2013, 09:08 PM

I thought that the Mexican drive towards Arkansas and Louisiana allowed the U.S. characters combat experience.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:05 PM

Welcome to the forum, .45cultist
Old 02-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by .45cultist View Post
I thought that the Mexican drive towards Arkansas and Louisiana allowed the U.S. characters combat experience.
I assume you mean US characters that never went to Europe, Korea, Kenya or the RDF?

If so they could earn it for the fighting in Texas, AZ, CA and Alaska as well - so you could draw them from quite a lot of areas in the US and have them be combat veterans just from the fighting here.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:18 PM

I forgot to add 5TH ID(M) dependents, which puts the closest front in Texas. If one uses a later timeline, the PC's could be retired T2K era soldiers.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:04 PM

Hey everyone, thought I would say hi.
Bit of a background, played back in the day v1 & v2 now looking to get back in to gaming. I was on the T:2013 board (went under the handle: Kilt & Jump boots)
Real life stuff: work in a woodworking store (one of the other hobbies) and the other job is TV production work (camera operator)
I'm also an reenactor 1630 Scottish and also WW2 US airborne.
I see I can find some of the NPC ideas that I posted on the T2013 board and repost them here.

later.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:55 AM

Exclamation

Hello all, I am a new member but a long time lurker. A bit of a background; I have play version 2.2 but also a little 1.0. I hope that I can contribute to this great community. Real life; High school student, avid PC gamer (total war series, Civilization series, Minecraft). Anyway I hope that I can help contribute to this great community and I hope to see you all around on the site!.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:02 AM
The end is nigh!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf sword View Post
Hey everyone, thought I would say hi.
Bit of a background, played back in the day v1 & v2 now looking to get back in to gaming. I was on the T:2013 board (went under the handle: Kilt & Jump boots)
Real life stuff: work in a woodworking store (one of the other hobbies) and the other job is TV production work (camera operator)
I'm also an reenactor 1630 Scottish and also WW2 US airborne.
I see I can find some of the NPC ideas that I posted on the T2013 board and repost them here.

later.
I remember you from the TWL 2013 forum... welcome!!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnwolf View Post
I remember you from the TWL 2013 forum... welcome!!
I hope that's a good thing.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:42 AM

well played 2000 starting about 86 till around 96
found my old books a month ago or so
found out about 2013 and have found the core rules and addendum looking too start a 2013 game soon
Old 08-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Banned

For the new members there are several Twilight 2000 games going on online that you could join. I know of at least two myself and there are lots of others. If you are interested I bet you would find several opportunities to put your skills to good use.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:10 PM

Thought that I would say Hi as I am new here. I spent twenty years in the Army due to needs of the Army had the chance to try different jobs, but spent most of the last half as 89D. Currently work as a FLEO. Never played TW2000 much but love the setting.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Great welcome aborad

what a FLEO? a google fu is as good as it used be

89D is EOD right?
Old 08-22-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaf_777 View Post
Great welcome aborad

what a FLEO? a google fu is as good as it used be

89D is EOD right?
89D is EOD, FLEO Federal Law Enforcement Officer.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:09 AM

Hello, new member from Switzerland. Long time role player (AD&D, Shadowrun and other) but my sole experience with TW2K is the computer game I found some years ago. Bought some books from the V.1 and must have a PDF from TW2013 (somewhere). Kind of prefer the original setting as it suits my childhood memories of the 80's. My background : I used to be deployed for peacekeeping operations in the Balkans and Africa as a LEO and for the (Swiss) army.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:56 PM

Welcome to the forum, Kaeso. You're our first Swiss member. Be prepared for lots of questions!
Old 09-12-2013, 08:44 AM

Thanks ! Well I will be more than glad to answer. I noticed that Cyclist units were discussed and Switzerland had cyclist battalions back then. We disbanded our Dragoons (Shock infantry on horseback) in 1972 and we still have packhorse units.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:21 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to SGTDan

Hello fair people of the interwebs! As I write this my group is working out how the system and it's pretty rough. We're hoping it gets easier as we move on.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTDan View Post
Hello fair people of the interwebs! As I write this my group is working out how the system and it's pretty rough. We're hoping it gets easier as we move on.
Welcome to the forum, SGTDan. Which system are you working with?
Old 09-12-2013, 11:04 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to SGTDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
Welcome to the forum, SGTDan. Which system are you working with?
2.2 currently, I forgot to add that I joined to contribute my knowledge and average IQ. That aside one member is having an issue with recoil.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:41 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm Max; I'm a big fan of gaming (board games and RPGs); and allthough I only have a very limited experience playing T2K (one game of 1st Edition back in the mid 80s; and more recently running a d6 version of the game); I've been familiar with the game for a long time.

While in the home games I ran I used the d6 system (at the time I only had the 1st Edition; I have since acquired the 2nd edition and I'm interested in trying it out at some point int he future) and I also modified the timeline and storyline a little bit.....for example; I had no war between the USSR and China; instead I had them ally with each other; but that's another story!

Anyway; I'm glad to have found this site and in particular; I like to read about the actual game sessions and campaigns that people have played/are playing.

Thanks for running a great site and I'm happy to have found it!

-Max
Old 03-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum, Max. We have years of archived discussions that can be accessed via the forum map, and you can always jump into current discussions. Let us know if you need help finding anything. Cheers.
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048
Old 03-07-2014, 09:18 PM

Hi Folks,

I've been playing T2K off and on since it first came out in 85. I recognize a number of names her from various old forums (like the old Web RPG Town Hall) and Yahoo mailing lists. I hope to get ideas and inspiration for various PA scenerios.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:08 AM

Hi,
Just got hold of the PDF's of the T2K books. I only got to play a couple of a long time ago but always liked the setting. Played a lot of other games D&D, shadowrun, the terrible but easily accesable Palladium games, Cyberspace, Aliens, Dragon Warriors the list gets a little out of hand. But that happens when you play RPG's for years.

Liking alot of what I've had time to see on the forum so far.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:48 PM

Greetings all!
Been playing RPG’s since ’79, and I’ve always had a warm fuzzy spot for T2K. Just recently the nostalgia bug hit me and I rekindled my affection for this game. I got into the 2nd edition, but I have the 1st Edition modules and source material. I’m just about to start a campaign using the whole 1st edition “Vistula Epic” [Free City of Krakow, Pirates of the Vistula, Ruins of Warsaw, Black Madonna, & Going Home]. Hope to hit you up for some tips, and if my game kicks off, I’ll post some updates.
Till then, take care everyone!
Old 05-25-2014, 07:52 PM

Greetings from the Civgov heartland,
While I'm not a new member per se, I thought since its been so long I needed to reintroduce myself. I'm shrike6 or you can call me Brian. I've played Twilight on and off since the late 80s and was a part of the WebRPG forums back in the day. I've also played Dark Conspiracy, D&D and have played other games too. I like military history and am responsible for a handful of pieces in the archives of this forum.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Welcome back, Shrike6. And welcome to new members Socom242, Helak, and SionEwig.
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048