RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 04-19-2012, 12:04 AM

Default Best digital version of material?

I was a member of the various older forums/sites/mailing lists and kind of dropped out of the online twilight community for awhile, although I kept on with sporadic in person gaming.

I am looking to get the full collection of Twilight material, and was wondering if forum members had thoughts as to the best collected version? I can see that I can buy the PDFs through DrivethruRPG, which don't have DRM associated, or I can buy PDFs on CD-ROM through far future.

Do any of you thoughts about the quality of the images or scanned resolution of the files? Price wise, they seem about the same ($80) but the far future editions seem to include the Challenge articles.

My apologies if I'm re-posting this question.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:00 AM
Registered Registrant

Early editions of the Far Future CD-ROMs had some issues (e.g. imcomplete scans of some Challenge article pages, poor alignment of pages when scanned) but I have been lead to believe that these issues are largely fixed.

The CD-ROMs definitely include the relevant articles from Challenge magazine but Far Future is also offering a CD-ROM with all the Challenge magazines on the CD sometime soon, (so you can have the complete issues rather than just the articles for T2k). I'm not sure when this is due - will have to check their website tonight, can't access it at work.

Also... the Far Future CDs that I have are from a few years back and do not have DRM placed on them and I expect that the latest versions won't have DRM either.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:39 AM

I purchased every tw2k and merc PDF from drivethru rpg and the quality is good. I printed the core book and here is no problem with reading anything except that divide by symbols sometimes look a bit like pluses, so watch out for that one.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:36 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I was leaning towards the drivethrurpg.com PDF purchase, but I think I would rather buy the Far Future CDs if they are the same quality. Well, at least if they are equal in quality, I get a lot more by also having the challenge articles. Having the entire challenge issue isn't that big a deal, I really just want the twilight related material.

I will drop a line to far future and make sure the quality is good. Maybe even get a sample to be sure.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Banned

heads up for the free download sites - while they may look good when you look at them on the screen several of the downloads have issues when you try to print them

so far I have had no issues with what I have bought thru drivethrurpg.com PDF purchase
Old 04-23-2012, 07:15 AM
The end is nigh!!!

I fully support the drivethruRPG version... no problems at all... I even put it on my ereader
Old 04-23-2012, 07:18 AM

I've also used Drivethru to (partially) rebuild my T2K collection and have never had any issues.