RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-31-2009, 12:28 PM
Mohoender's Avatar
Mohoender Mohoender is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Near Cannes, South of France
Posts: 1,653
Default OT-France blow Vatican City

That thread was inspired by a small event that took place on the last wednesday. The french presidential plane suffered some reactor problem right before taking off (no consequences)..., our president was really angry about that, and what if...

The plane crashes but the french president survives from the crash. Many important government members died, however, along with his wife. On the next day, the french president make a speach on TV where he declares that those responsible for this action will be found and punished.

However, The investigation proves with no doubt that no terrorist action was involved. It also proves that the crash was simply the result of an accident. A french bishop goes on TV where he explains that "the accident must have been a holly punishment". On the next day, the frensh president gets on TV and claim that "If that was the will god, god will have to pay". A week later, a law is voted by the french parliament, in name of liacism, that confiscate what is left of Vatican's properties in France, ban the catholic church and call for the expulsion of all priests.

This can't be ignored by the Pope and he excommunicate the french president, the government and any french that is involved in any action against the Catholic Chruch.

The french Muslims support their government but Israel, concerned by such an extreme path of action, support the Pope. The US and China follow on while Russia and Germany state that they will side with France if any offensive or political action is to be taken against France. On the next day, the Pope goes on TV and ask the true catholic of France to unite against that government of evil. As a response, the french presidency states that if this statement leads to violence, retaliation will be ordered agaisnt the Vatican and the Pope. Most french catholics don't get involved but a small number of catholic's extremists, getting support from foreign catholics, launch a bombing campaign that targets a large number of state administrations. Even the hotel of Matignon (siege of the prime minister) is hit while over 2000 french state workers are killed.

Two days after the first arrests, among which there are 2 bishops, true to his word the french president gets on TV again and declares that the true center of evil is in Vatican City. At the end of the speach he declares that he just ordered its destruction. Ten minutes later, a nuclear missile, launched by a Rafale from the Charles de Gaulle, destroys Vatican City and a good part of Rome.

Several countries (Italy, Spain, Portugal among the first) immediately declare war on France...

Of course, this is absolutely silly but who knows?...

If anyone of you has some more silly idea for a twilight war starting point, feel free.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-31-2009, 05:12 PM
General Pain's Avatar
General Pain General Pain is offline
...not exactly open casket material
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tiger City
Posts: 1,953
Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoender
That thread was inspired by a small event that took place on the last wednesday. The french presidential plane suffered some reactor problem right before taking off (no consequences)..., our president was really angry about that, and what if...

The plane crashes but the french president survives from the crash. Many important government members died, however, along with his wife. On the next day, the french president make a speach on TV where he declares that those responsible for this action will be found and punished.

However, The investigation proves with no doubt that no terrorist action was involved. It also proves that the crash was simply the result of an accident. A french bishop goes on TV where he explains that "the accident must have been a holly punishment". On the next day, the frensh president gets on TV and claim that "If that was the will god, god will have to pay". A week later, a law is voted by the french parliament, in name of liacism, that confiscate what is left of Vatican's properties in France, ban the catholic church and call for the expulsion of all priests.

This can't be ignored by the Pope and he excommunicate the french president, the government and any french that is involved in any action against the Catholic Chruch.

The french Muslims support their government but Israel, concerned by such an extreme path of action, support the Pope. The US and China follow on while Russia and Germany state that they will side with France if any offensive or political action is to be taken against France. On the next day, the Pope goes on TV and ask the true catholic of France to unite against that government of evil. As a response, the french presidency states that if this statement leads to violence, retaliation will be ordered agaisnt the Vatican and the Pope. Most french catholics don't get involved but a small number of catholic's extremists, getting support from foreign catholics, launch a bombing campaign that targets a large number of state administrations. Even the hotel of Matignon (siege of the prime minister) is hit while over 2000 french state workers are killed.

Two days after the first arrests, among which there are 2 bishops, true to his word the french president gets on TV again and declares that the true center of evil is in Vatican City. At the end of the speach he declares that he just ordered its destruction. Ten minutes later, a nuclear missile, launched by a Rafale from the Charles de Gaulle, destroys Vatican City and a good part of Rome.

Several countries (Italy, Spain, Portugal among the first) immediately declare war on France...

Of course, this is absolutely silly but who knows?...

If anyone of you has some more silly idea for a twilight war starting point, feel free.
Thumbs up mohoender - ..what would th us do insuch a scenario
__________________
The Big Book of War - Twilight 2000 Filedump Site
Guns don't kill people,apes with guns do.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-31-2009, 09:58 PM
Targan's Avatar
Targan Targan is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 3,509
Default

I like it.
__________________
"It is better to be feared than loved" - Nicolo Machiavelli
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-01-2009, 02:13 AM
TiggerCCW UK's Avatar
TiggerCCW UK TiggerCCW UK is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Posts: 663
Default

For crazy was scenarios you can't beat Down To A Sunless Sea, can't remember the author off hand. This is going from memory here, and its a while since I read the book, but I know other people on here have read it, so please correct me if I'm wrong. It has the nuclear war start plausibly enough in the middle east, but it was how the UK involvement began that made me laugh. According to the book the government in the Republic of Ireland became left wing and made the IRA an official auxiliary wing of the army and built airstrips near the border so that they could carry out hit and run raids on the north. Then the Cubans (?) turn up with boats full of tanks and troops, the British demand that they withdraw and when they don't they start tossing nukes at Ireland Always thought this was slightly far fetched....

Another unlikely war scenario, although this one was conventional, was in the book Dark Rose. Again I can't remember the author and its years since I read it. According to the book Palestinians manage to buy lots of property and business interests in the Republic, and lots of representation in the Dail (Irish parliament). They somehow manage to end up owning more than 50% of Ireland and annex it to show Europe how life is for the Palestinians living in their own country but controlled by foreigners, in their case Isreal. The weird bit for me (well, weirder) was that the US didn't officially do anything, but did allow Irish American members of the forces to appropriate equipment including a Tarawa class ship and Harriers and carry out an unofficial mission to aid the British forces in freeing the south from the Palestinians.

More crazy scenario fodder for us there I think
__________________
Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-01-2009, 05:16 AM
Mohoender's Avatar
Mohoender Mohoender is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Near Cannes, South of France
Posts: 1,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerCCW UK

More crazy scenario fodder for us there I think
Nice ideas
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-01-2009, 05:27 AM
Mohoender's Avatar
Mohoender Mohoender is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Near Cannes, South of France
Posts: 1,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Pain
Thumbs up mohoender - ..what would th us do insuch a scenario
They can either count the points and lead a Neo-Christianity led by Lutherians, establish a new Rome from a schism by the US Catholic church or get fully involved. I'll try to add something on that matter.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-01-2009, 05:51 AM
Canadian Army's Avatar
Canadian Army Canadian Army is offline
No-Intensity Conflict Specialist
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 269
Default

I liked the scenario too.
__________________
"You're damn right, I'm gonna be pissed off! I bought that pig at Pink Floyd's yard sale!"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-01-2009, 07:06 AM
General Pain's Avatar
General Pain General Pain is offline
...not exactly open casket material
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tiger City
Posts: 1,953
Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Talking or....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoender
They can either count the points and lead a Neo-Christianity led by Lutherians, establish a new Rome from a schism by the US Catholic church or get fully involved. I'll try to add something on that matter.
by following canon in an absurdway be divided into Cath-gov and prot-gov - offcourse all the other religions will be enemies aswell.....
__________________
The Big Book of War - Twilight 2000 Filedump Site
Guns don't kill people,apes with guns do.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-01-2009, 07:19 AM
Mohoender's Avatar
Mohoender Mohoender is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Near Cannes, South of France
Posts: 1,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Pain
by following canon in an absurdway be divided into Cath-gov and prot-gov - offcourse all the other religions will be enemies aswell.....
That's a good idea. However, during a time (before US full involvement and the world slide to chaos) I was thinking of an alliance between the Catholic and Protestant in the US. May be including the funding of Neo-Vatican City at Rome, Ga. (After all: In God we Trust).
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Operation Reset" and "The free city of Krakow" Marc Twilight 2000 Forum 22 11-05-2019 04:32 AM
The Vatican in T2K General Pain Twilight 2000 Forum 13 06-29-2009 11:35 PM
France Rejoins NATO rcaf_777 Twilight 2000 Forum 12 05-03-2009 08:23 PM
Get Some France! LAW0306 Twilight 2000 Forum 3 01-02-2009 11:14 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.