RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2009, 11:27 AM

Default Crack

Twilight: 2000 is crack. I put aside Thunder Empire because I don’t have the time to give. Yesterday, though, my wife and I visited the Asian Art Museum. The feature gallery was “Samurai”. I was inspired to dust off an old idea and revamp it. Hours later, I had a revised concept for using a motorized Nipponized warlord in the expanses of the American West. I just can’t manage to stay away.

Working on my Japanese-themed warlord revealed another of my character quirks: I have a hard time not becoming attached to my work. As a consequence, my characters and organizations reflect my biases. Originally, my motorized warlord was supposed to be a Lord Humungous of the Wasteland (The Road Warrior) writ large and written into the American Southwest. The motorized marauders were supposed to be an army of bad guys for the 111th Brigade to crush in 2000. After a few hours of work, though, the marauders became something quite different: a Holnness-type (The Postman) of disciplined fighting force on wheels exerting loose control over most of Nevada. The Japanese influence is still there. In fact, powerful images, practices, and music are critical components of the unifying power of the force. However, the force is no longer a swarm of mechanized locusts destroying everything in its path. Instead, the marauders have taken on a more mixed aspect by exacting tribute (taxes) from the surviving communities and ruthlessly crushing all internal opposition, but at the same time protecting the area against incursion by outside marauders, protecting trade (which builds the tax base), and helping local law enforcement run down local criminals. This is what I would do with a large armed force, so this is what my characters end up doing after I work with them for a while. Sigh. Still, there’s plenty of room for these guys to be villains, I suppose.

Webstral
Old 09-22-2009, 09:36 PM

Let me be the first to say that I'm glad you are a Twilight Crack addict because your work is so darned interesting to read. I hope you never go into rehab
Old 09-22-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
Let me be the first to say that I'm glad you are a Twilight Crack addict because your work is so darned interesting to read. I hope you never go into rehab
Thanks, dude.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:59 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post

I second that