RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 02-09-2014, 09:24 AM

OK, after some months without any activity, I gave myself a kick up the proverbial, so an update...

Alternative Survivor’s Guide To The United Kingdom

East Midlands added to Regional Guide
East England added to Regional Guide
Greater London added to Regional Guide
Border Reivers amended in Marauders
Bloody Mary amended in Marauders
Bandito Yankee amended in Marauders
Bad Company amended in Marauders

Links
James Langham’s website added to Links

Most of the amendments to the marauder groups are relatively minor, and mainly involve changing the location of some groups to avoid having too many groups in close proximity to each other. Regretfully I could not get the Essex Boys marauder group to somewhere I was happy with it, so that has been pulled (I was happy with the character of the leader, so have used him elsewhere). A few people have also got new faces.

I think I can now call The Alternative Survivor's Guide to the UK a complete work (other than adding the 1996 Orders of Battle for the Royal Navy and Royal Air Force, which I'll do asap). That's not to say that there aren't parts that could be improved, but frankly I could tinker with it forever and still think that (my old boss used to call me a perfectionist). So I'm calling it done (if anyone does spot any glaring errors please let me know - I know that some of the formatting doesn't look right if viewed on an I Pad, but as it looks OK on a desktop I don;t know how I can fix that). I may expand on some parts of it (particularly the Regional Guide, but also adding some encounters / NPC's) but that wont be in the near future. I'll also try and tidy up the site navigation to make it easier to move from page to page (that has already been done on the timeline). I might even try and write some modules based on it, but that wont be for some considerable time. In the meantime I have tried to leave some plot hooks in the regional guide. There's also the matter of a separate volume for Ireland...

I will also continue to work on non UK based material, which will also feature on the site as and when done.

As always, comments / questions are more than welcome.

Cheers

D
Old 02-10-2014, 12:33 PM

I've also restarted work on my T2K Germany after a break from it. I should be sending some work over to you soon enough.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:00 PM
Banned

been there myself guys as to wanting to make my sourcebook as good as possible (and thus leading to long delays) - big reason that East Africa was finally released in late 2013 instead of when I originally planned to have it ready by no later than Nov of 2012
Old 02-11-2014, 11:39 AM

LOL...just as well we're only doing this for fun and don't have to work to deadlines!
Old 08-08-2019, 02:55 PM

It’s just come to my attention that the company that I used to host my website have stopped website hosting with effect from 01 August, as a result of which my website is currently down unless / until I decide to find a new hosting service and then transfer the contents over.

At this stage I don’t know if I’ll be doing that or not so I’m afraid that until further notice my site will be down. I’ll update here if / when that changes. Most of the material that was on it is available here anyway if you do a search for threads that I’ve started and check the attachments.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:09 PM
Registered Registrant

Damn shame that. Hopefully you'll find a satisfactory solution and your site will again be available (I'm one of those who hates to see websites disappear even if I don't use them that often).

I checked the Internet Archive and they have many pages from your site preserved as of December 2018. Much of the information is present but it seems most of the images haven't been saved. Also, the deeper you follow the links the more likely that the next page has not been saved.

https://web.archive.org/web/20181214...2000files.com/
Old 08-08-2019, 07:23 PM

first I have seen this. would like to know if you sift to a new loc.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:21 PM
The Stat Guy

Damn. This is why I like to archive T2K websites -- most of them disappear eventually, with a diminishing presence on Wayback. However, I have to guess at how much I can download per run -- I have a connection which can hit 750 mbps, and at that rate I can run a site out of bandwidth in less than a minute. I want guard against loss -- but that's subject to how much a site can give me, and I want others to use sites, too.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com