RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 04-02-2010, 06:22 AM

Default The Survivor's Guide to Scotland

Hi all,

Attached the first draft of something that I've been working on for a little while. It's a work in progress which still has a several sections to be added - for a start a section on the various personalities, an overview of conditions in different parts of the country, and a lot of work on various different marauder groups - but I thought I'd post what I have so far.

The work is designed with V1 in mind, and it is not intended to be canonical (for a start I've tweaked the nuclear targets - I've saved Edinburgh not only because I lived there for a number of years and love the place but also because I think it offers up a lot of RP potential, and have nuked Faslane and Rosyth, the latter at least partly because I just couldn't envisage the Republic of Scotland gathering momentum the way I wanted it to with the Royal Navy's third largest base on its doorstep).

Any comments, questions, etc, just fire away.

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: doc Survivor's Guide to Scotland.doc (94.5 KB, 160 views)

Last edited by Rainbow Six; 04-02-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:57 AM

Just adding another document that gives a little more detail on selected elements of the Republic of Scotland's Armed Forces.

Feedback more than welcome...
Attached Files
File Type: doc Unit Histories.doc (66.5 KB, 118 views)
Old 04-02-2010, 02:26 PM

Default Mea Culpa

Sorry fellas, had a minor slip earlier. Most of the stuff I write goes through multiple drafts and when I posted the unit histories, I accidentally attached the wrong draft.

Correct draft is attached now...to be fair the differences are relatively minor...main change is to the Argylls' CO...I have spent a lot of time trying to think what would make Scottish soldiers serving in the British Army "defect" to an independent Scotland and I ultimately rewrote that character to make him someone I thought would be more likely to side with the Separatists by changing him from a Regular Lieutenant Colonel who had fought in Iran to a TA Major from the Stirling area who has spent the War in the UK.

The other change is relatively minor, just some grammatical changes to Drummond's Scouts.

So, apologies again...correct draft now attached...

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: doc Scottish Unit Histories.doc (76.5 KB, 109 views)
Old 04-03-2010, 01:41 AM

very nice. good work !
"There is only one tactical principal which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
--General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:18 PM

Good stuff Six! Well done.

Tags
scotland, united kingdom