RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2012, 10:16 AM

Conversion from version 2 to 3 is kind of a hot button topic as far as Im concerned. Ive been looking at some of the heavy weapon stats from t2013 and they arent that different from the version 2 data. For heavy and large caliber weapons, I think we should create a couple more range bands past extreme.
...this was a quick train of thought I had when going through the basic rules. Ive been working on a huge bunch of characters lately and havent followed up yet.

And I LOVE the idea of stage III medical rules, having been an EMT Im actually kind of drooling to see what you come up with
Old 01-15-2012, 11:51 AM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Quote:
Originally Posted by kota1342000 View Post
Conversion from version 2 to 3 is kind of a hot button topic as far as Im concerned. Ive been looking at some of the heavy weapon stats from t2013 and they arent that different from the version 2 data. For heavy and large caliber weapons, I think we should create a couple more range bands past extreme.
Already done. Page 43:

http://www.de-fenestra.com/personal/...our_Engine.pdf

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson
Old 01-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Resident Medic, Crazy Finn

Like Clayton said, the range bands have been expanded enough (and practically can be expanded even further to allow the use of AIM-54 Phoenix missiles, if necessary).

As for the medical rules, I'm an ex-EMT/Paramedic with about eleven years of on-the-job experience, currently undergoing the last steps of my Registered Nurse education and also serving as a combat medic in the Finnish Army territorial unit. The rules are still under work, but I can post the preliminary version for discussion and brainstorming here, if people want.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:00 PM

MUAHHH-HAA-HAAA-HAAAAAAA
Outstanding. I was trying to think for names for the longer range bands...EX+1 and such works just as well.
Thanks much!
Old 01-16-2012, 07:15 PM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

It's not glamorous but it gets the job done. It also logically extends to BVR to facilitate air-to-air and air-to-ground combat, as per the original topic.

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson
Old 03-04-2012, 11:19 AM

So, as promised, some Expanded Rules (to begin with - more coming up later):

Straight from my blog (which I know I should update again)

Close combat: Throw
There are three ways to initiate a throwing attack, all which require the grapple-qualification for HtH - by blocking an incoming melee attack (either unarmed or with a small weapon like a knife or baton), by using an attack targetted at the feet of the enemy (leg sweep or similar) or from a grapple.
The leg sweep is a aimed called attack, targetted at the feet of the opponent, thus entailing a roll of Hand-to-hand [STR-1 or CDN-1]. If successful, the target must, like with the Diving Strike attacks, make a successful Muscle-check with the penalty of MoS+1 of the attacker or be rendered prone.
Throwing from a block, the defender makes a blocking action according to the rules and an attack action directly after that. If successful, the original attacker must make Muscle-check against the MoS+1 of the attack roll against him or go prone.
Throwing from a grapple works as the attack in the Control-rules (page 151). It differs from the other throwing attacks in one thing, however. The character throwing can opt to maintain the grapple on his target, which requires a Hand-to-hand [CDN] -check. If the check for maintaining the grapple is unsuccessful, the grip on the thrown character is lost along with all the accumulated control points.
In all cases, a successful throwing attack causes impact damage equal to half of the MoS of the attack roll (though the surface, one is thrown on can either apply bonuses or reduction to the damage - the gamemaster has final say on this) to a randomly selected hit location. A crew helmet or similar armor will protect against the damage done by this.
With Grapple-qualification, the thrown character can, however, attempt a Hand-to-hand [CDN] check with penalty equal to the MoS of the attack to break his fall - with success, he will still become prone but takes no damage. If MoS surpasses the MoS of the attack by 5, the character can opt to make an ukemi and roll back on his feet.

Also, a Stage III disadvantage:

Obscure blood type
Value: 1 or 3 points
Special: While most humans have either A, B, AB or O (plus either one of the rh-factors, positive or negative) bloodtype, you have one of the 32 more obscure types, which makes you unable to recieve blood from donors outside your own blood type - or rather, making you highly susceptible to adverse effects of blood transfusion, if you do. It's not bad, unless you get shot. Of course, not knowing about this would be even more dangerous (the three point option).
Old 03-08-2012, 05:49 AM

Very cool Medic. Still haven't gotten started on the heavy weapons conversions, started a campaign for some friends using Reflex rules but 1.0 storyline. The group has just started the Last Submarine.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:01 AM

The blood type disadvantage will be part of the expanded medical rules, I'm brewing.
"Listen to me, nugget, and listen good. Don't go poppin' your head out like that, unless you want it shot off. And if you do get it shot off, make sure you're dead, because if you ain't, guess who's gotta drag your sorry ass off the field? Were short on everything, so the only painkiller I have comes in 9mm doses. Now get the hell out of my foxhole!" - an unknown medic somewhere, 2013.

Tags
air combat, expanded medical rules, tw2013 weapons, tw2k13