RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is your level of military service?
Currently in the military (active or reserve) 30 12.30%
No longer in the military 110 45.08%
Never served in the military 104 42.62%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2009, 07:05 AM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbott Shaull View Post
Yeah but Paul remember Division Barracks were protected a bit compare to the actual wind/breeze may find on any of the drop zones...lol

There were times where you wouldn't thing there was any breeze while at Division area, main post, or at Pope but take a little flight and you jump with plenty of wind... Funny how a couple miles and various elevation changes the breeze.
Like Sicily DZ -- always a lot of wind there.

In jump school, the zoomies screwed up, turned on the green light at the wrong time, and overrode the objections of the jumpmaster. A stick got dropped into the wood at the edge of the DZ. They looked like a drawer of knives fell on them. But they were all back the next day to jump.

I had a lot of fun during jump week. I had gotten hemorrhoids the weekend before, and they were with me all week. Every opening shock...OUCH!

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 09-03-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
I had a lot of fun during jump week. I had gotten hemorrhoids the weekend before, and they were with me all week. Every opening shock...OUCH!
The OTHER kind of "roid rage".
Old 09-03-2009, 12:04 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
The OTHER kind of "roid rage".
Yep...Preparation-H doesn't work as fast as they advertise...

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 09-10-2009, 10:04 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Kellhound

Hello to everybody.
I have already met some of you in the others T2K forums and newsgroups in these last years, but since I don't post too much (I'm very lazy in front of a keyboard ) I'll introduce myself again.

My name is Jose Antonio, I'm from Spain and entered the Spanish army mountain infantry back in 95.
Since then I have been an MP, and spent the last few years behind a desk most of the time (my wife doesn't let me go again on missions to the Balkans or Afghanistan anymore ).
Old 09-14-2009, 09:59 AM

Default Benvingut!

Bona tarda!

I'm glad to have a fellow countryman here! I'm back after my summer holidays and this is a very pleasant surprise. I'm sure you will find a very friendly community here, Kellhound. I hope to read you soon.

BTW, I don't know if you are in any active Twilight roleplaying group, but given our geographical closeness, don't hesitate to contact me if you want to play with us. I know that Twilight:2000 groups are nearly non-existent. Our two playing groups have people from Hospitalet, Manresa, Barcelona and Sant SadurnĂ*.

Again, welcome.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:29 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Kellhound

Sadly, not many people knew (or knows now) about this game.
I used it mostly for one shots, since most of my players didn't like it too much, or campaigns grinded to a halt due to some players actions.
I had more luck with Merc:2000, directing a couple campaigns, and even joining players of two different game groups a couple of times.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Swedish GM

Send a message via ICQ to blaki974 Send a message via MSN to blaki974
Default Description of conscript service in Sweden 1994-1995

I went through a selection camp when I was 18, where they determine where you are best put to use. I scored high on intellectual and strength, so they placed me at the worst possible place: squadleader. The one who takes sh-t from above as well as below.

Squadleader: I got my first stripe after a month, at an unofficial meeting. We got the second stripe at a more official gathering, just before "our" soldiers came. We trained them in such basic skills as marching, making one's bed, saluting and using the correct terms for things. Things like "the business end of an AK-5" is called "mynning" and nothing else. and it doesn't use "bullits". It uses 5.56 mm ammunition. And you are NOT allowed to smoke if you are sitting on an ammo crate.

Our third stripe came after passing a few tests roughly about half way through our training. I was doing 10 months only, since it is (was) a concsript army. The soldiers did 7.5 months. The platoon leaders did 12 months and the company leaders did 15 months. I ended up driving a truck, and acting as a mini-supply for the entire company. I had everything on it. Tape, duct tape, pencils, compasses, T-röd, wicks for burners and so forth. All dispensed properly and in order after doing the paperwork.

We were told we would be sergeants when we got called for our first repetition, but evidently, they managed without us. I got a letter stating I had been put in the "utbildningsreserven" ("reserve"), so we never had any repetitions.

Tags
demographics, polls