RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2010, 11:34 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Blk in small arms charts

kcdusk 10-30-2005, 06:32 PM What does the Blk stand for in the small arms charts?

thefusilier 10-30-2005, 07:20 PM I beleive it is "bulk" as in how bulky the weapon is. I never really used it but I "think" it has to do with say two equal people are shooting... which one is determined to fire first or something like that.

ReHerakhte 10-31-2005, 02:47 AM To further add to theFusilier's comment, if two people with the same initiative are about to fire and suffering/benefitting from the same penalties/bonuses, the one with the lowest Bulk weapon will go first. If both have weapons of equal Bulk then from memory, it is deemed that they both fire at exactly the same time.

It also indicates how easy/hard a weapon is to hide so for example, a concealed holster may only be able to carry pistols of Blk 0 without the pistol being noticed by an observer while a pistol of Blk 1 is more obvious to someone looking at the person (i.e. their Observation task is made easier)

It's also worth noting that people like Paul Mulcahy have extrapolated the Bulk ratings of bigger weapons so that something like a Barrett M82A1 has a higher Blk than a Mauser Kar98k. In the Infantry Weapons Of The World book it simply states that any weapons over 90cm are all Blk 5... Paul's numbers are a significant improvement over that idea because the M82A1 is obviously bigger and more unweildy than the Kar98k (the M82A1 coming in at a length of 144.8cm compared to the 111.0cm of the Kar98k).

Cheers,

Kevin

thefusilier 10-31-2005, 04:36 AM It also indicates how easy/hard a weapon is to hide so for example, a concealed holster may only be able to carry pistols of Blk 0 without the pistol being noticed by an observer while a pistol of Blk 1 is more obvious to someone looking at the person

Cheers,

Kevin

Ahhh, I never knew that one. Good to know.

Tags
rules