RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 09-25-2015, 09:57 AM

Default Welcome

And we are happy to have you Join.
Tis better to see them afor they see you.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:53 PM

So, I'm the newest member here. I'm happy to have found this forum, considering I'm planning on running a v1 campaign.

A bit about me. I'm 21, and found out about the game through an older member of a gaming group I was part, who used to run games at a local con in the 90's(while wearing his old uniform!), after being discharged from the army. I picked up the referee's box set on eBay for $15 and have decided to finally run a campaign. I am modifying some lore for a unique experience, buut not too much. For example, German players would not have a G11, rather a G3 or G36.

Looking forward to my stay here.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:03 AM

Good to see some fresh meat, er, I mean blood.
Personally I like the G11 - it's something quite different and would have been a brilliant service weapon if the Germans hadn't reunified. Shame West German picked up the Easts debt and couldn't afford it any more.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 08-03-2016, 02:39 PM

Hi all! New member here, played a lot back in the last few years of school; haven't played or run a game in some (too many!) years, but I'm planning on getting back into it with a new group in the next couple of weeks
Old 08-03-2016, 05:30 PM

Always good to see new people. Take a look around, ask some questions, and check out the attachment map, its chock full of useful stuff.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher2266 View Post
Hi all! New member here, played a lot back in the last few years of school; haven't played or run a game in some (too many!) years, but I'm planning on getting back into it with a new group in the next couple of weeks
Welcome back to table top gaming sir. There are some REALLY good ideas and rules in this forum. Check out the thread map for topics and add your own ideas to them.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:22 AM

Welcome to the forum!
Old 08-04-2016, 10:46 PM
Ephemera of the Big Ka-Boom

Greetings, Cypher!
Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home. No, wait, that's for Mrs. Robinson.
Open up any door or cupboard and drag out anything you wish to discuss or comment on. As one of the most egregious of "Thread Reanimators", I encourage you to pull something out of the depths of time if you have a fresh take on it, or a question that the original parley didn't resolve.
Once again, welcome!
Old 08-09-2016, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallShadow View Post
Greetings, Cypher!
As one of the most egregious of "Thread Reanimators", I encourage you to pull something out of the depths of time if you have a fresh take on it, or a question that the original parley didn't resolve.
Once again, welcome!
WallShadow's new title is "NecroMonger," especially after the HP Lovecraft "poetry."
Old 08-10-2016, 06:25 PM
Ephemera of the Big Ka-Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaghauler View Post
WallShadow's new title is "NecroMonger," especially after the HP Lovecraft "poetry."
Heh-heh-heh.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:18 PM

Default another newbie

Had this game from Day One. Working on a '50's/'60's variant. Thanks.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum. Look around; make yourself at home.
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048
Old 08-25-2016, 09:47 AM

Welcome to the forum!
Old 08-25-2016, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrichII View Post
Had this game from Day One. Working on a '50's/'60's variant. Thanks.
Welcome to the forum! You'll find a great deal of good info here.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:33 PM

Default Hey!

Howdy and welcome home.
Tis better to see them afor they see you.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:53 PM

And another victim falls prey to this thread thanks to Google.

GURPS player who is mining the material for a potential game run for his own players, or possibly (if I get over stage fright) a Fantasy Grounds 2 game run someday.

Glad to meet you all, and hope you're all doing well...

Old 10-30-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal View Post

GURPS player who is mining the material for a potential game run for his own players, or possibly (if I get over stage fright) a Fantasy Grounds 2 game run someday.

Welcome aboard. I would suggest you check out the Forum Threads Map (pinned) for the info you're seeking. Feel free to NECRO any of the older threads and add your own thoughts to them.
If you're unsure of the rituals needed to do this, contact WallShadow, he's our chief Necromancer and knows ALL of the rituals needed to bring dead threads back to life!
Old 10-30-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaghauler View Post
Welcome aboard. I would suggest you check out the Forum Threads Map (pinned) for the info you're seeking. Feel free to NECRO any of the older threads and add your own thoughts to them.
If you're unsure of the rituals needed to do this, contact WallShadow, he's our chief Necromancer and knows ALL of the rituals needed to bring dead threads back to life!
Let's see:

Silver bowl: check
Sea Water for ritual grounding: Check
Incense: Check
Ritual Dagger: Check
Chalk: Check
Candles: Check
pages from First Edition Twilight 2000: Check
String (to make circle with chalk): Check

I think I have what it takes for thread necromancy. I might need the Necronomicon for any finer details, but then again, I'm not going to try for the Great Old Ones effects...
Old 10-31-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal View Post

Welcome! Will the game be online at all?
Old 10-31-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Hunter UK View Post
Welcome! Will the game be online at all?
FANTASY GROUNDS 2 is a Virtual Table Top application that permits the GM to chat with the players, roll dice, and let people move on screen symbols representative of their characters on a map.

Look here to see what game systems are either supported commercially, or through community efforts, are supported. Unfortunately, Twilight 2000 is not supported in and of itself.

GURPS on the other hand, is.

If you ever want to get a demo of what is possible using FG2, let me know. All that is required for the demonstration of what FG2 can do, is for you to download a free demo of the program, and then contact me via email for further instructions on how to connect. Since I paid for the ultimate license, I can run games where players do not need to buy any version of the software, but can use either of:

Demo version (Free)
Player Version (only as a player)
GM Version (as a player)
Ultimate version (As a player)

The thing is, the speed is only as fast as the slowest person's speed at typing. There are those who have used Skype or other voice communications, but I was born hard of hearing and can't really use it myself.

The hard part will be scanning in maps and the like for use with the game, but that shouldn't be TOO hard. Someone might want to contact Far Futures Enterprises to see if they want to try to hire someone to create sellable content online for people to play T2K via FG2. I suspect however, that this might not be a worthy return on investment, but since I don't know what is involved in programming with Lua, I can't rightfully say.

In any event, it is a means for people to play online. If I did run a game, it would be limited to maybe three players. Maybe four hour sessions - but that depends on what happens when/if I find a new job. I lost my old job Oct 14th due to Key Bank acquiring First Niagara and Key Bank downsizing personnel they didn't want (that's me!). With luck, I might find a position somewhere soon and the scheduling of the job won't be 12.5 hours per day three days a week, or nights only, or what have you. Time will tell, which is why I'm not in a major rush to try this out.

For those who might think "I don't know GURPS", don't worry about it. FG2 is such that you have a character sheet that is viewable in the system. When you need to roll against a given skill or attribute or what have you, I will tell you the modifier to the die roll, and all you have to do is enter it in the mod square on the screen, then drag the skill over to the chat box. THe program rolls it for you, and tells you if you succeeded and by how much. Will even tell you if it were a crit failure or success even.

Well, nuff said I suppose. Will see how this works out in the future. I'll open up a new thread somewhere announcing the intent to run a campaign set in T2K and give people the particulars...
Old 11-01-2016, 08:24 AM

Very full answer. Thanks!
Old 11-01-2016, 05:14 PM

It appears I neglected to post the FG2 link...

http://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

This will tell you what game systems are supported.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:18 PM

Well, I suppose I'm the FNG now.

I picked up the 2.2 books used about four or five years back; I'm in my 30s, and had gotten started with GDW games through Space: 1889, then picked up a 2300AD boxed set at a convention, then found Dark Conspiracy at a used bookstore, and then TNE and 2.2 at a different used bookstore. My current project is statting out World War I vehicles, since Paul's either done or archived pretty much everything else . I'm also interested in converting from other games to the House Rules, having been a Heavy Gear player for a while and also having an old copy of GURPS Ogre laying around.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:52 PM

Hi all. New guy here. Lots of great info here, really appreciate the contributors. Playing/ref V1. Cheers.

efn legs! 2 feet and a heartbeat
Old 01-30-2017, 10:15 PM

Welcome Evil VonScary,
Hope you come to enjoy the material here and that you can get things rolling at your table.

Hal
Old 02-11-2017, 11:20 AM

Hello! A little about myself, I'm a crazy guy from Arizona who used to dream of being a gunsmith, but now I just want to be a writer instead. I play a little bass guitar and still play with Lego, I'm a sucker for old castle sets.

So I've barely played Twilight, but for 10 years I've had the version 1.0 rules and ever since then I've been writing and composing all sorts of stuff. I've refereed games about elite operators taking over mines in South Africa, and I'm currently doing a one player game for my fiancée set in the Fallout : New Vegas world using T2K V1 rules.

I've never gotten to play the game as a character before and if anyone wouldn't mind me in their game I'd love to join.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:17 PM

Welcome to the forum!
Old 04-07-2017, 11:25 PM

Hi all! Just joined tonight after lurking for a few months. Played T2K (1st Ed) a lot with my younger brother, father and 2 uncles when I was 15, 16, 17. Now that I'm in university (political science major) I haven't been able to play since but I can flat out say its probably my favourite RPG of all time.

Dad got the game right from day 1 back when he was in high school and I can only imagine the fun that he had playing 5 times a week with the 8 or 9 guys that would meet up and play, most I've ever played with at a single time was 5 and it was a blast. Literally this game creates thousands of stories and every single play through can be different. I've played every campaign module of the 1st edition of the game and would have a great time making PC's and figuring out what skills to get. In my opinion-

Hardest Module: Armies of the Night (NEVER could win this dang thing, has anyone???)

Easiest Module: Urban Guerilla

Most fun module: Ruins of Warsaw

Least fun: Howling Wilderness

Best sourcebook: UK survival guide (love all the backstory content in it)

My personal favourite module: Boomer. Perfect conclusion to the best trilogy in the whole game.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:05 PM

Default Another newbie

Glad to have found you guys ... not a lot of support for T2K on the interwebs, but this is definitely the oasis in the desert.

I started playing T2K with the 1st edition when it was first released back in, what? '83? '84? ... a really long time ago! I played a lot of 1st edition with my high school group back then, but I never bought much extra for the game (i.e: modules, sourcebooks, etc. ... I only had the U.S. and Soviet vehicle guides, Small Arms guide, and the RDF sourcebook), I ran it kind of sandbox style and we had a blast. Then when 2nd edition hit the scene, I gobbled up everything for that version, but unfortunately my game group had dwindled by that time and I never really got to play it much (though I did run a Merc:2000 game for awhile that took place in Afghanistan during the Soviet invasion, hell some of my players even played Mujihadeen ... this was well before 9/11 and Al Queda).

Fast forward to today. I'm rediscovering T2K, I have a small but willing group of players (all much younger than me, but all very into the concept), and we can't wait to get started. I'm running 1st edition for them after much deliberation, and I've purchased all the 1st edition .pdf's and I'm ready to roll.

Can't wait to dig through the years of posts available here, and to hopefully contribute a bit myself.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:56 PM
Administrator

Welcome, ShepherdN7 and Measuredrums. It's always good to meet new and/or old T2K enthusiasts. There's a lot of good stuff here. Our fearless leader, Kato, has catalogued much of it in the Long Thread Map.

Good luck with your game, Measuredrums, and kudos to you for introducing T2K to a new generation.
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048