RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 05-11-2019, 03:27 PM

Default Factory Reconstuction

Restoring manufacturing is going to be key to any reconstruction project of this magnitude. This would mean repairing or building many machines to be used in the process. Anything that could minimize the effort of designing and building machines would be a boon.

So when I discovered Vention (https://www.vention.io/?home), I said to myself that part of the family of Morrow companies must include one like this. Get the bugs worked out pre-war with the components, test everything in real applications and have huge caches of the modular components and a computer/tablet with design software to generate the packing lists. Load up some pallets and you have an easy to build custom factory.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:52 PM

If you know what you want to manufacture post war getting general machines before the war and storing them would be best. Unless you have no idea what you want to make in which case a container ship full of general lathes, mills etc. would still be cheaper and more effective.

As always my real issue is raw materials after the war. You can make a lot with basic steels but all the specialty metals need rare or hard to get elements. You would have to stockpile massive quantities of odd materials to make anything more advance than WWII jeeps and low grade armour for Shermans armed with plain AP and HE rounds. Getting mass quantities of steels from all the materials supply depots around the countries means going into bogeyman territory and anyone who has played the game for a few years knows how few return from those runs.