RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 03-31-2009, 02:04 AM

Default Chemical/Bio weapons used on Conus?

As I've mentioned previously, in my game there are zombies. I've had the zombies created by the radioactive mutation of chem/bio weapons. Obviously in Europe there were both Chem and Bio agents in use, but I'm not sure about Conus. I know it was nuked, but were Chem and Bio weapons used on Conus in the V1 timeline? Its just so I can start figuring out how widespread the zombies would be there. If they haven't been created there I'll have some having been brought back from europe, either deliberately for study - we've all seen how well that works in films, or by accident on a boat that becomes overrun with zed's and beaches, allowing them to escape and spread the plague.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:19 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Default Antenna Site

Antenna has some excellent Zombie rules for how it would spread etc....
Old 03-31-2009, 03:23 AM

My initial thoughts are that chem and bio weapons are most likely to have been used in the far north east, north west and south west of the country - basically where Soviet forces are to be found.
Elsewhere, chemicals would probably be limited to tear gas as police and various military units tried to break up riots, etc.
Of course there's always the possibilty of chem and bio contamination from accidents or production/storage facilities being damaged by a variety of causes (on the fringe of a nuke, mob riots, or perhaps a truck just overturning on an icy road).

Basically, just about anything can be justified if you think about it long enough.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:48 AM

Cheers for that. I'll have zombies running around somehow anyway, well shambling around. Was just trying to get an idea for how widespread they are. My zombies are caused by a mutated virus reanimating bodies that died in regions where there had been chem and bio weapons used which had mutated with each other, caused by radiation. Not sure of the science of that, but I'll not let it stand in the way of a good game The virus then lives in its host and is spread by zombie bites - the people they kill get up and kill
Old 03-31-2009, 05:49 AM

I don't think anything is mentioned at all in canon.

A ways back there was a similar discussion. A few people liked the idea of some bio weapons in ICBM, shot off before the nukes. Carrying anthrax and stuff sent into the areas like the Kansas and other agriculturally important states to damage production, livestock and just as powerfully - public panic.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:03 AM

Just the rumor of bioweapons being used is likely to cause mass panic. I know I'd be more than a little concerned....
Old 03-31-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker
Just the rumor of bioweapons being used is likely to cause mass panic. I know I'd be more than a little concerned....
There have been a few anthrax scares in the UK with mysterious powders being found in the post. Its been enough to close sorting offices down and delay the mail by a few days, as well as traumatising staff who've found them.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:35 PM

And that was not even during a war. Imagine the reactions in the T2K timeline....
Old 03-31-2009, 05:15 PM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

I do not recall reading anything about the use of Chem or Bio weapons in CONUS.

I doubt they would be intentional used by any of the competing powers <Civ Gov and Mil Gov> because well, one does not use such weapons on home soil. Same goes for nuclear weapons to a lesser degree.

However, that does not mean some small time local warlord or rogue commander who wants to be a warrior kind and establish his own fiefdom would not use them like in the Bear Moduel. I acualy had that as the intent for one of my online campaigns.

And of course New America would use them too I am sure.

And then we also have as was stated Virus outbreaks. Maybe it gets into the food or water or is sprayed over some areas and it causes people to loose their minds, slowing revert to a bestial state as they slowly die, but before then, they become very violent and no longer rational, and it could even give them a cravy for protient and iron which is found in blood, and being that their brains are eaten away they do not think, they just do, but also as a result of their brains being eaten by whatever virus or parasite they no longer have feelings, feeel pain, fatigue and continue to move/do reguardless of the damage they sustain. And the cool thing, they can live for months as long as they "feed" without feeding they last weeks.

And let us not forget such places as:

Marryland it has Aberdeen and another base for such training and study of such weapons are done. Aberdeen of course the other I forget.

Atlanta; the CDC, they could have a sample of any manner of virus or other bugs.

Any major University with a medical center or lab, or any hospital for that matter.

Troops returning from overseas could bring the disease back with them or bring contaminated items, even liquod or food.

Storage facilities: There are three in CONUS that I can name off the top of my head, I have worked, interviewed or applied to work on SRT teams at all of them.

Radioactivity: an old theme, some new type of nuclear weapons or even mutated food stops that were contaminated, say the grain supply was contaminated by nuclear fallout but the food was still issued to the homeless masses in refugee camps, maybe an attempt at decontamination caused some virus to happen.

ERGOT POISONING!!! That could do it! The remianing food supply of a city or region is contaminated with a form of ergot poisoning so everyone goes made in a very homocidal maniac sort of way, and its effects are like PCP so they would feel no pain.

Mutant Virus from Mars: how many B movies has this inspired?

Bioweapon that wasn't perfected that was used. It didn't have the effects that were expected so those who launched it thought it a failure and threw out the plan. The Bioweapons just took longer to manifest and now the land is filled with zombies.

Religious or other Cult: they do a drug or something that makes them into a zombie like state, and if they take it enough it becomes permament.

Those are some of the ideas I have used to get zombies or zombie like groups in my games.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester

Marryland it has Aberdeen and another base for such training and study of such weapons are done. Aberdeen of course the other I forget.
Do you mean Fort Detrick? Or is it Dietrick?
Old 04-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

My gaming site map has a category of NBC related sites for the US

Nuclear Weapon Storage facilities.
CDC regional facilities
Chemical Weapons depots
Bio Safety Level 3/4 facilities.
Major FEMA facilities

http://games.juhlin.com/maps/element...p_type=country
Old 04-02-2009, 12:35 PM

As always, my material is totally non-canon. That much said, I have the SAMAD (Southeastern Arizona Military Administrative District) using non-lethal, non-persistent agents. A healthy dose of choking or vomit agent does wonders to take the fight out of marauders. SAMAD uses said agents in a very basic fashion. SAMAD has a couple of crop-dusters. They have been working on fabricating chemical agent warheads for their ad hoc multiple rocket launchers, but so far they haven't had the success they would like.

As a sidebar, CW is something SAMAD can offer MilGov when, in early 2001, Colorado Springs lets it be known that amnesty will be granted all military personnel who return to the fold. In the case of errant commands, those who return to MilGov may retain their existing command structure. Provided they play their part in Operation Manifest Destiny, all will be forgiven. Groups like SAMAD and the remnants of 43rd MP Brigade have much to gain and little to lose.

Webstral

Tags
chemical weapons, nbc, united states