RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2021, 12:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordroel View Post
So would the Suez Canal then become now a neutral zone under the protection of the French like what the British did in the past.
yes it would - havent explored Egypt yet but for V2.2 with East Africa being canon you have the French going thru all that effort to get the Canal going again - there is no way they would do all that and not station some kind of troops and planes there to protect what would be a vital link in getting supplies to and from the Middle East
Old 08-12-2021, 12:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
I seem to recall from that module someone did on the internet about Central America (Damn, I thought I downloaded that one -- if anyone has it, let me know), that the Panama Canal is non functional in the T2K2/2.2 timeline due to extensive sabotage and ships stuck in the locks after the sabotage.
I have what you are talking about and the Canal is fully functional in what he wrote with US troops still there and facing off against Colombians and other forces trying to screw up the Canal
Old 08-12-2021, 12:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bash View Post
With respect to the French clearing the blockage of the canal by 2000, because it doesn't have locks or anything the French could have just used a nuclear demolition charge and literally cleared the southern blockage. Such a thing doesn't need to be perfect to work well enough to let tankers transit the canal. Transiting ships just get a NAVTEX warning to button up in the area and some basic decontamination procedures.
I would agree with that - it was a brute force, get the wrecks the heck out of the way and clear a path for our ships kind of clearing - i.e. we have troops we need to support and oil we need to get home and we aint traveling all the way around Africa to do it kind of effort
Old 08-13-2021, 02:59 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
I have what you are talking about and the Canal is fully functional in what he wrote with US troops still there and facing off against Colombians and other forces trying to screw up the Canal
How big is the file? Can you email it to me? Note though -- My ISP will only accept a 10MB attachment.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 08-15-2021, 11:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
How big is the file? Can you email it to me? Note though -- My ISP will only accept a 10MB attachment.
It’s been posted here before - let me find it