RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 06-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default List of Canon unit locations and strengths?

Before I dig through all the different guides (US,NATO,Soviet. etc) has anyone already pulled together the canon unit locations and strengths in any convenient format.

I am about 85% done with the nuclear strike portion of my mapping system so I figured I would get a leg up on units (the next phase).
Old 06-08-2009, 10:48 PM

That really depends on the date. Note that Going Home has different strengths and positions to much of the remaining resources and, without checking, I'd think some of the other modules might also update things a little to reflect the passing of time and expenditure of resources/equipment.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Administrator

I know I figured I would go with the date presented in the Guides. It was either June or July 1st 2000 IIRC. For units not mentioned in the guides I could extrapolate backwards I suppose.

I thought about doing a unit timeline but that is probably too complicated.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13
I know I figured I would go with the date presented in the Guides. It was either June or July 1st 2000 IIRC. For units not mentioned in the guides I could extrapolate backwards I suppose.
I have modified my opinion on this. I am going to have my maps reflect units location and strength comparable to to the timeline where players might end up there starting in Poland in June 2000. Since I want to stay pure canon (until I add the DC group option) using the data GDW provides along with its dates of accuracy seems to be the best option. GMs can of course extrapolate backwards or forwards. I do not feel comfortable adjusting the data to match a specific date.

Hope to have a demo map reflecting the RDF sourcebook (with its Jan 1 2001 date) information by the end of the weekend. That seems to have the best mix of countries and units as well as very detailed data.

Anyone have any opinions on the size of Corps and Army HQs. For now I am just giving them what I consider to be the minimum, 500 men.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:08 AM

Something to be careful of is the unit positions marked on the 2.0 and 2.2 maps in the yellow book are NOT all the same date. Many are from pre offensive while those units involved in the 3rd German Army operation (specifically XI corp) are from post offensive and should be dated around the end of July.

Discovered that little gem of misdirection while researching for the overall 3rd army offensive I wrote up a while back.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem