RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 07-25-2020, 10:46 AM

Default Operation Washtub

Could be very useful if you’re setting adventures in Alaska.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oper...(United_States)

https://www.governmentattic.org/12do..._1947-1954.pdf
Old 07-28-2020, 06:25 AM

I remember running across this a while ago, very interesting and easy to see it could be restarted in a period of heightened tensions (almost The Division-esque, I'm sure it must have been inspiration for that setting).

I've considered starting a game on the Canada/Alaska border with a similar unit overrun to 5th ID. I'll probably use a British/Canadian scratch force from BATUS if I ever get round to running it, and a Washtub agent could be a great contact/guide etc!
Old 08-03-2020, 08:33 AM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
I'll probably use a British/Canadian scratch force from BATUS if I ever get round to running it, and a Washtub agent could be a great contact/guide etc!
BATUS or The British Army Training Unit Suffield (BATUS) is a British Army unit located at the vast training area of Canadian Forces Base Suffield near Suffield, Alberta, Canada. BATUS is the British Army's largest armoured training facility, and it can accommodate live-firing exercises up to battle group level. Think of this unit like the US Army Fort Irwin National Training Center.

In TW V1 this unit along with German Army Training Establishment Shilo formed an German Anglo Brigade. However will war in europe I doubt the UK and Germany are going to leave tanks, APC, aircraft, men ect in Canada. If they did they might a shell of their former pre war strength.
Old 08-03-2020, 02:13 PM

@rcaf_777

That was the idea, the pc's would be part of whatever tiny skeleton staff was left, with whatever equipment could be scrounged from the older kit left after all the good stuff had been shipped back to Europe/Blighty.

I don't know what became of the unit in v2.2 (I never played v1 and am only passingly familiar with most of the modules) but I prefer not to let 30+ year old canon get in the way of a good story

Anyway, back on the original topic - I could see a bush pilot or mountain ranger type Washtub v2 agent being possibly one of the most valuable contacts or group members a party in that part of the world could have.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
I don't know what became of the unit in v2.2 (I never played v1 and am only passingly familiar with most of the modules) but I prefer not to let 30+ year old canon get in the way of a good story
There's zero mention of them in any edition, so do whatever you like - you're certainly not going to "break" anything!

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 08-03-2020, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
There's zero mention of them in any edition, so do whatever you like - you're certainly not going to "break" anything!
Apart from the bit in Challenge
Attached Images

Old 04-03-2021, 08:54 AM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

More Information and I good channel to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-T9...QvFcyA&index=3