RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-06-2022, 10:14 AM
nduffy nduffy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: DFW
Posts: 122
Default MP Smart Watch

So, given an updated timeline, and the possibility of a smart watch, what features/ apps would you add to it. We all know the usual's would be added like a compass, temp, barometric, altimeter, heart rate, GPS, but what extras would you add. I am going with a small button size battery NDB battery and solar back up. also a track me/ find me feature. I am going on the theory that Bruce brought something back with him or someone found some data and designed it from that on of course a more modern timeline.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-07-2022, 06:22 AM
Desert Mariner Desert Mariner is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Lost Pines
Posts: 129
Default

Garmin already markets a watch with more than is really needed. The tactix 7 Pro Ballistic Edition weighs only 89g. Beyond the ‘normal’ smart watch features, it supports solar charging, GPS, GLONASS and Galileo.

Too many other features to list but take a look at https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/802901#overview, if you’re interested. Of course, a ton of the features will likely be non-functional at wake up.

For MP, I’d probably want to add a dosimeter.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-07-2022, 11:50 AM
mmartin798 mmartin798 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 645
Default

I am going to support this Garmin as the likely contender, running MP Watch OS. That way they can program it using all the sensors to give whatever mission data they want/need. Since it has accelerometers but in, can be a wrist mounted Autonav. I do agree that a dosimeter would be nice. Any extra exposure data for the medical staff to analyze is good. That is why I have one as a feature of my MP ID cards.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-07-2022, 09:34 PM
bash's Avatar
bash bash is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: California
Posts: 88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Mariner View Post
Garmin already markets a watch with more than is really needed. The tactix 7 Pro Ballistic Edition weighs only 89g. Beyond the ‘normal’ smart watch features, it supports solar charging, GPS, GLONASS and Galileo.

Too many other features to list but take a look at https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/802901#overview, if you’re interested. Of course, a ton of the features will likely be non-functional at wake up.

For MP, I’d probably want to add a dosimeter.
One task of MP teams could be to set up differential GPS ground stations that could help MP teams with navigation. While GPS satellites would be non-existent dGPS could at least allow for some GNSS functionality.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-15-2022, 07:28 AM
mmartin798 mmartin798 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bash View Post
One task of MP teams could be to set up differential GPS ground stations that could help MP teams with navigation. While GPS satellites would be non-existent dGPS could at least allow for some GNSS functionality.
My understanding of dGPS is that it requires a signal from at least one GPS satellite. Granted, my understanding is somewhat limited so I could be wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-19-2022, 01:13 AM
cosmicfish cosmicfish is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin798 View Post
My understanding of dGPS is that it requires a signal from at least one GPS satellite. Granted, my understanding is somewhat limited so I could be wrong.
dGPS requires at least one GPS satellite and at least one other well-known transmitter. The latter could be another satellite or a ground station that has been precisely surveyed. For best results you want at least 3 references.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-02-2022, 08:51 PM
nduffy nduffy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: DFW
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Mariner View Post
Garmin already markets a watch with more than is really needed. The tactix 7 Pro Ballistic Edition weighs only 89g. Beyond the ‘normal’ smart watch features, it supports solar charging, GPS, GLONASS and Galileo.

Too many other features to list but take a look at https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/802901#overview, if you’re interested. Of course, a ton of the features will likely be non-functional at wake up.

For MP, I’d probably want to add a dosimeter.
I own a Garmin Instinct Tactical Solar, I am still trying to learn all the aspects of it. I do love the watch. I am a bit of a watch whore, This is my every day watch. I have used several of the apps on it and find them pretty useful. I do find it easy to get lost in the apps at times because I really need to learn it more. LOVE IT.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.