RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2008, 03:34 PM

Default Infantry vs. Armored Vehicles. Questions about rules.

Ei! Bona nit!

Finally, the excess of post-its in my v2.2 rulebook have forced me to rewrite my houserules in a more organized way. And, of course, a new reading of these notes makes me rediscover certain old solutions that do not convince me right now. So I will appreciate if anybody can give me an opinion about these matters. The following points regard to armored vehicles vs. infantry combat in an urban area.

1. With v2.2 rulebook, you can determine, for example, if an explosion opens a gap in the wall of house. But do you use any system to decide if a building is destroyed due to the effect of sustained direct or indirect artillery fire?
2. If any type of AP round penetrates the wall of a building’s room, do you apply any kind of damage to the personnel inside?
3. And if the wall is penetrated by an explosive round? Do you apply the normal damage for an explosion to the personnel inside? Is any concussion damage absorbed by the wall?
4. How many degrees could I consider that tank turret is able to turn in 5 sec. combat turn? And, thinking specifically about a tracked vehicle, which is the pivoting turn ratio?
5. How do you solve the observation rolls of the crew of an armored vehicle to detect enemy infantry at close range, (all the crewmembers inside the vehicle, hatches closed)?

Arreveure!

Tags
ground vehicles, rules, vehicles