RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2020, 07:46 PM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Default Expendable but Unbowed: The LAV-25 in the Twilight War

I recently acquired a copy of the Osprey LAV-25 book, which got me thinking about the odd ways in which Twilight: 2000 history diverges from the real world. The designers seem to have done their original work during the brief period in which the U.S. Army was considering purchasing the LAV-25, basing a fair amount of divisional TO&E assumptions on it and the 9th Infantry Division's light motorized experiments. As we know, real-world evolution was somewhat different, with the Army occasionally flirting but never committing until 4-68 Armor finally, um, borrowed some Marine LAV-25A2s in 2018 to return some sort of thing-with-a-gun capability to the 82nd Airborne.

But... the LAV-25 remains an iconic Twilight: 2000 vehicle, featured in the core rules' opening fiction, the character creation random vehicle table, and American color plate C2. So what if?

As occasionally happens, this idea stuck in my brain and I couldn't do any other writing until I got it out. My mental blockage is, hopefully, your gain. Enjoy.

http://www.de-fenestra.com/t2k/downloads/T2k_LAV-25.pdf

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson

Last edited by Tegyrius; 12-08-2020 at 06:08 PM.