RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

View Poll Results: What would your fate have been in the war?
Survived! 13 39.39%
KIA in conventional fighting pre-exchange 3 9.09%
KIA in tactical nuclear exchange 2 6.06%
KIA in strategic nuclear exchange 6 18.18%
Didn't make it through the civil strife/disease/famine after the strategic exchange 11 33.33%
KIA in conventional fighting post-exchange 2 6.06%
POW 0 0%
Not born yet (for you youngsters!) 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2022, 11:41 AM

Location: district of Heinsberg (close to the border with the Netherlands)

I say I would have died post exchange.
Reason:

I was a soldier in the FKG 2 (Pershing 1a missile wing in Geilenkirchen) 1988/1989.

Then I became a civilian.
In 1996 I was in retraining to be a clerk.
So, lets assume that the FKG gets equipped with new missiles.
Technology advances. I was trained Signals tele typewriter (5 bit code). When I started the old machines were big boxes of lets say 40cm by 40 cm by 40 cm high.
I saw the introduction of new machines that were the size of a normal typewriter and as I left there was talk about replacing them with PC/Laptops.
In the first two machines you had to format the message yourselves. In the third the PC did it himself.
So my knowledge would be outdated and considering that there were soldiers having been trained after my time I would have never re-entered the FKG 2.
Unless the Soviets would have blown the majority of the soldiers of the FKG 2 to hell. (And considering the base and its security - lets just say that if you want to convince your enemy that you have no intention of nuking him by making your unit open to attack, the FKG 2 base (german part) was perfect.)

So I would have been sent to infantry and sent East. So I would have died in the East or if I stayed west of the Rhine died fighting the invading French.
Old 12-29-2022, 10:03 AM

Not sure... depending on when the nukes dropped on London I may have been at work there... so dead or dying? Or on the run, well slow trudge in my case, with any other survivors.

If I was where I live, i.e. right near the northern border of what is still under the control of The UK / British / English Government - pick one... - I would be probably working for them somehow... There will will always be admin needed by Governments.
Old 01-01-2023, 12:15 PM
Registered Amuser

I am optimistic, so I selected Survived…. But…. There is an equal (or maybe more) chance that I would have been KIA to conventional or tactical nuke strike. At that time I was a tank commander in Germany, which would have been the 3rd ID.