RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 09-10-2008, 02:54 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default OT:4 u US guys here..

General Pain 04-23-2008, 07:44 AM I like to watch the Colbert Report and sadly he is not running for presiden...

so who would be the best candidate for us president ???

and which of them would drive the world to total chaos??

ps: if clinton wins will bill be "the first man"?????

pmulcahy 04-23-2008, 08:44 AM Well, the kind of person we in the US need for our next president simply isn't out there. I can't think of any current politician that would fill the bill. For the mess that Bush, Cheney, and his administration is leaving behind is so vast that it will take a president (and 3 or 4 after that) on the order of a Washington, Lincoln, Jackson, Franklin Roosevelt, Kennedy -- and I can't think of anyone like that in politics today. For that matter, people like that probably couldn't even get through a primary these days.

So, I'm essentially left with the best of three bad choices. I was a Hillary Clinton supporter, but integrity is very important to me and Clinton has shown that integrity is not important to her. Barak Obama has a lot of lofty ideals, integrity, and charisma; he also doesn't have any well-thought-out plans and I don't think he has the chops to duel with Congress or make the hard choices to do the very unpopular things that will be required to begin to clean up Bush's mess.

John McCain -- he is definitely a genuine American hero, but that alone doesn't make one presidential material. He's not the maverick he once was; he has also sold his soul to Bush and his agenda to become president.

I'll vote for whoever becomes the Democratic candidate, and hope for the best. To me, it's the best of bad choices. But I don't have high hopes either way.

Targan 04-23-2008, 09:20 AM With all respect General Pain, and please don't be offended, I think starting this thread was very unwise. All who frequent here have RPGs and militaria in common, but the political views among us are very, very divided. I have inadvertantly upset people here before will some of my political comments and I don't want to see my friends angry or hurt. I understand why you have posed your question but I think no good can come of it.

Having said that, I'm with you Paul, you and I seem to have quite similar political views. As a non-American however I don't think it is my place to comment on the various merits of those vying for the US Presidency.

Peace all. Try not to tear strips off each other, eh?

MajorPo 04-23-2008, 09:52 AM Bros before hoes. What more needs to be said... :wink:

Targan 04-23-2008, 09:59 AM Appalling

pmulcahy 04-23-2008, 10:19 AM Bros before hoes. What more needs to be said... :wink:

Sort of reminds me of a joke Jon Stewart said on The Daily Show --

"Do you support Barak Obama because you are sexist, or do you support Hillary Clinton because you are racist?"

And let me emphasize he was JOKING.

Anyway, this is probably a bad thread for this forum. Let's terminate it.

Headquarters 04-24-2008, 12:48 AM I dont see that we need a lot of bickering and controversy on the forum either .

But being offended by another persons views can be -shall we say- narrow minded ? Democracy and all-it kind of relies on difference of opinions..

It takes all kinds -and if the knowledge that there are people here that are on the other side upsets you instead of tickle you its a shame-for you.

I find it fascinating that people from several continents and different convictions can come together in a common interest-the love of the game .

I feel it should bridge a few gaps rather than increase the divide to have a little discussion on politics - but thats just me .

Oxford rules -goes without saying that any discussion should follow the excellent track record of civility on the boards.

(-If I wanted abuse I could just phone my father in law

Now,since there are few takers in this thread already -I take it that most agree with Targan and that this is not the place .I am totally OK with that .

As for being a non -US citizen talking about US domestic politics - I feel everyone is 100% entitled to discuss ,as the US extends its power across the globe and everyone is some big or small way affected by it .

Any US citizens wanting to discuss Norwegian politics shall be heartily endorsed by me

Now to get some action here - would Bill be "the first husband" or not ?

General Pain 04-24-2008, 04:48 AM Bros before hoes. What more needs to be said... :wink:

...being seperated (atlast) from the wife about 4mnths....I keep wondering were all the money comes from....never sued to be any around before hehe

pmulcahy 04-24-2008, 07:31 AM As for being a non -US citizen talking about US domestic politics - I feel everyone is 100% entitled to discuss ,as the US extends its power across the globe and everyone is some big or small way affected by it .

Now to get some action here - would Bill be "the first husband" or not ?

OK, I'll take one last stab at this little bit.

The US still has enough power that what we do affects the entire world. We have the world's largest consumer economy; if we tank, the rest of the world goes with us. We produce a third of the greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere. We've made a mess in Middle East over Iraq that's going to result in a regional war whether we stay or leave. In short, politics in the US affects everyone on the planet, and everyone on the planet should be rightly informed and concerned about what's going on in our government.

As for Bill's title if Hillary becomes president: I believe that the government has already settled on "First Gentleman."

Headquarters 04-25-2008, 01:23 AM OK, I'll take one last stab at this little bit.

The US still has enough power that what we do affects the entire world. We have the world's largest consumer economy; if we tank, the rest of the world goes with us. We produce a third of the greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere. We've made a mess in Middle East over Iraq that's going to result in a regional war whether we stay or leave. In short, politics in the US affects everyone on the planet, and everyone on the planet should be rightly informed and concerned about what's going on in our government.

As for Bill's title if Hillary becomes president: I believe that the government has already settled on "First Gentleman."

LOL

now there is a joke that I am sure wont go unapriciated..

Bill Clinton called a Gentleman..

hehe

beginning to root for Hillary now , just to see that happen ..hehe

Anyways -whoever wins -lets hope things take a turn for the better for everyone .