RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2008, 02:52 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default regarding medics

General Pain 04-22-2008, 05:13 AM how realistic do u fellow gamers roleplay the medical aspects of the game?

Headquarters 04-22-2008, 05:22 AM I try to keep it like an episode of the E.R without the soppy drama and the tall,dark unmarried doctor but with punks with guns on speed in the rad -dust instead-but I just dont gotthe medical jargon .

I wish I had a wound effects table that was comparable to the damage in T2K v.2.0 but listed as a compilation of damage results taken form trauma medicine .(Simplified for playablility -of course)

"The bullet enters the larynx ,shattering the ephemora plexialis showering your immideate surroundings with pulses of a fine spray of pinkish red mist as oxygen escapes from your torn airways "

( critical hit -I admit)

The immidate results are the one sthat apply in the combat scenario ,but there should be a second tabel to roll on in case of survival ,

for relative long term effects like sepsis,gangrene,invalidization etc

I use the old rules ,but my players tend to have good medical facilities available and thereby escape most infections etc ..I have ruled for a few amputations and loss of points in various score due to damage ..so its not all numerical ..but I would love the "trauma table"..any trauma surgeons out there playing??anyone else with the know?

Targan 04-22-2008, 05:53 AM One of my players (the player of the newest PC in my campaign who has already had three characters killed in the campaign) is a full time paramedic in RL. he has been saying he wants to join this forum for quite a while. His best friend in RL is currently a special forces medic in the Australian military. Naturally with him around I have to keep my wound descriptions realistic but I have a pretty solid understanding of human physiology, wound effects and I have first aid quaslifications going waaay back.

Of course the wound effects in Gunmaster are highly realistic anyway so half the work is already done for me. I have never played T2K 2.0 so I don't know what you are working with.

pmulcahy 04-22-2008, 08:00 AM The medical rules are definitely unrealistic and simplistic, and the disease rules (at least for me) difficult to easily implement, but they are workable in a game context.