RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2008, 04:47 PM

Default "Operation Reset" and "The free city of Krakow"

Bona nit!

I've just begin a new Twilight:2000 campaign with the "classical" setup, with the characters being members of the 5ht Infantry Division (Mechanized). Well, my campaign does not start with the group isolated in Poland after the failure of the NATO offensive but with the beginning of the offensive itself. If the group survives to the collapse of the 5th ID, this time I've convinced myself to use some of the Twilight:2000 original adventures that have fallen to my hands instead to write new adventures myself. So, I've been taking a look at my Twilight:2000 material, beginning with the "Free city of Krakow" module.

Although I think it is a good module, with good information about Krakow and the surrounding area, the plot regarding "Operation Reset" has never convinced me. My problem is with the magical device able to duplicate the action of any pre-war computer chip destroyed by the EMP effect. I feel that such a device doesn't match in the realistic atmosphere of Twilight:2000 and that it seems too much forced to try to create any interest about it in a group of survivors from the battle of Kalisz who have just arrived to Krakow. I know that I can avoid the "Operation Reset" plot. I've run "The Free City of Krakow" module once, with the players (members of a deserter Soviet Army division) trying to rescue their kidnapped general. Now I'm looking for new ideas and opinions. So...have you used the "Operation Reset" to introduce your characters to "The Free City of Krakow"? Have you used your own plot? Which one? Any impression (or substitute) to the "Reset" device?

Tags
adventures, eastern europe, krakow, modules, poland