RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 02-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderGoon View Post
The Medic not being able to take Medical is an oversight on my part. Apologies.

(This is a perfect example of why I posted this. It's always good to have someone else read your stuff to spot errors. Thanks for catching this, Kato.)

Regards,
Goon
No need for apologies. In any volume of work mistakes are going to creep in. Thanks for sharing your work.

Glad I could be an additional set of eyes.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaf_777 View Post
Master Warrant Officer is a rank in the Canadian where warrant officers are rank above Sgt, Master Warrant Officer (MWO), typical hold postions of Company Sgt Maj. My had a Punishment Jar

WonderGoon

You left out Chaplain Assit
I did leave out the Chaplain Assistant. I shall have to remedy that. . . . Thanks!

Regards,
Goon
Old 02-16-2010, 11:51 PM

As previously promised, some additional information regarding certain careers in the United States Marine Corps. As with the civilian and Army careers I posted above, this information is tailored to my personal campaign and you will need to scrutinize it closely to make sure it fits in your version of the game. (I tend to run more lethal games, so I give the players more to work with as a balancer).

This information (in some cases) replaces information in the T2K v2.0 rule set, so a careful examination of this material will be helpful to the reader. This information mirrors life itself, as both are a work in progress.

Suggestions for accurate portrayal of the MOS's discussed are welcomed. This information only covers the USMC and I will post what little information I have regarding the Air Force, and Navy as time permits.

Please note that, in some cases, this information replaces what is in the rulebook, and in others, repeats what is present. My inclusion of the original information is, in no way, a challenge to whomever holds the copyright on the Twilight: 2000 property.

In closing, let me apologize in advance if anyone is offended or upset by my phrasing or interpretation of the MOS's discussed.

With all that being said, I offer the following:

UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS

Add the following to the Marine Careers List.

United States Marine Corps Basic Training
Entry: Strength + Agility + Constitution: 15+, no prison record.
Basic Training: The character receives the following skills as part of his basic training:
● Small Arms (Rifle): 2
● Small Arms (Pistol): 2
● Melee Combat (Armed): 1
● Melee Combat (Unarmed): 1
● Thrown Weapon: 1
● Heavy Weapons: 1
● Swimming: 1
● Medical: 1
● Navigation: 1
Careers: Available careers and arms are the same as the Army, except no ranger, airborne, or special forces careers exist.
Special: Characters with Intelligence and Education of 7+ may enter OCS. If they do so, they receive a level 1 Leadership skill, are commissioned as 2nd lieutenants, and then conduct their first term normally.
A character with Education: 5+ and Intelligence: 5+ may become a warrant officer. If so, the character enters the Warrant Officer Candidacy School (WOCS), receives Leadership: 1, Instruction: 1, and Persuasion: 1, then conducts her first term normally. Warrant officers can be members of the following branches: Artillery, Aviation, Special Forces, Engineering, Support, Intelligence, Medical, Quartermaster, and Transportation.

WARRANT OFFICER RANK PROGRESSION TABLE
Rank (W-*)
Warrant Officer (W-1)
Chief Warrant Officer (W-2)
Chief Warrant Officer (W-3)
Chief Warrant Officer (W-4)
Chief Warrant Officer (MW-5)

Further information about Warrant Officers can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrant...tates%29#Ranks The information I have presented does not reflect the information on the website. Your mileage may vary.

Force Recon, Enlisted
Entry: Strength + Agility + Constitution: 19+
First Term Skills: The character receives the following skills in the first term:
● Small Arms (Rifle): 1
● Small Arms (Pistol): 1
● Observation: 2
● Stealth: 2
● Forward Observer: 2
Subsequent Term Skills: A total of five levels from any one or a combination of the following:
● Small Arms
● Melee Combat
● Heavy Weapons
● Thrown Weapons
● Foraging
● Observation
● Stealth
● Tracking
● Navigation
● Parachute
● Mountaineering
● Swimming
● Small Boat
● Forward Observer
Contacts: One per term, military. Roll 1d10 for 8+ for the contact to be foreign.
Special: None.

Force Recon, Officer
Entry: Strength + Agility + Constitution: 17+, and OCS, military academy, or commission.
First Term Skills: The character receives the following skills in the first term:
● Small Arms (Rifle): 1
● Small Arms (Pistol): 1
● Leadership: 2
Subsequent Term Skills: A total of five levels from any one or a combination of the following:
● Small Arms
● Melee Combat
● Heavy Weapons
● Thrown Weapons
● Forward Observer
● Leadership
● Persuasion
● Foraging
● Observation
● Stealth
● Tracking
● Navigation
● Parachute
● Mountaineering
● Swimming
● Small Boat
Contacts: Two per term, military. Roll 1d10 for 7+ for the contact to be foreign.

Scout Sniper, Enlisted
Entry: Strength + Agility + Constitution: 19+
● Small Arms (Rifle): 4
● Navigation: 2
● Forward Observer: 2
● Small Arms
● Forward Observer
● Melee Combat
● Heavy Weapons
● Thrown Weapons
● Observation
● Stealth
● Tracking
● Navigation
● Mountaineering
Contacts: One per term, military. Roll 1d10 for 8+ for the contact to be foreign.

Other Marine MOS's are similar enough to use Army skill sets.

If anyone has any suggestions, please don't hesitate to offer them.

Regards,
Goon

Last edited by WonderGoon; 02-16-2010 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Corrected an error.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:20 AM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderGoon View Post
I did leave out the Chaplain Assistant. I shall have to remedy that. . . . Thanks!

Regards,
Goon
At least in US Army infantry units, Chaplain's Assistants are simply infantrymen with some extra religious ceremony training. They are, however, the most heavily-armed men in the battalion -- they're the Chaplain's bodyguards, remember.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 02-17-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
At least in US Army infantry units, Chaplain's Assistants are simply infantrymen with some extra religious ceremony training. They are, however, the most heavily-armed men in the battalion -- they're the Chaplain's bodyguards, remember.
This is what my research has borne out, as well. Given that, this particular character type would seem to be redundant.

Regards,
Goon

Tags
careers, rules