RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2014, 01:58 PM
The end is nigh!!!

Default M1 Tank Factory

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G8uFVKmAj5o
Old 01-03-2014, 07:23 PM

Hmm, might be interesting to come up with a way to use these factorys in a scenario.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlion1 View Post
Hmm, might be interesting to come up with a way to use these factorys in a scenario.
IIRC there was a scenario published in a Challenge magazine that involved an M1 plant in Lima, Ohio (I haven't viewed the Youtube video so don't know if that's the plant in question). I can't recall the specifics - I think it might have involved the PC's having to recover some machinery or such like.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Sabre Ready!

Send a message via AIM to Panther Al

Yep, thats the second facility they talk about, Lima OH.

I like how the tanks that are refurbed in the background are the ones they was doing for the Aussies - complete with the Roo on the turret cheek.

Proud fan(atic) of the CV90 Series.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Six View Post
IIRC there was a scenario published in a Challenge magazine that involved an M1 plant in Lima, Ohio (I haven't viewed the Youtube video so don't know if that's the plant in question). I can't recall the specifics - I think it might have involved the PC's having to recover some machinery or such like.
That Challenge Mag adventure has been discussed a number of times on this forum before. It's titled Lima Incident and it's in Challenge issue #56. Opening paragraph of the description:

*SPOILERS*

"The 112th Medical Division recently learned that 30 M-1 Abrams MBTs are sitting outside the former General Motors Lima Tank Plant in Lima, OH."

During one of the previous discussions about this scenario it was suggested (by Kato perhaps) that according to the canon strike lists, the Lima tank plant would likely have been within the zone of destruction caused by a nuke strike. However, given that GDW sanctioned a Challenge Mag adventure featuring the plant being intact, I treat it as being intact in my campaigns.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:11 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
*SPOILERS*

During one of the previous discussions about this scenario it was suggested (by Kato perhaps) that according to the canon strike lists, the Lima tank plant would likely have been within the zone of destruction caused by a nuke strike. However, given that GDW sanctioned a Challenge Mag adventure featuring the plant being intact, I treat it as being intact in my campaigns.
Here is my post on the subject.
http://forum.juhlin.com/showpost.php...4&postcount=10

As far as canon goes it ends up being vague on this subject. If the City was targeted, the Plant would be in a medium destructive zone. If the local refinery was targeted (as canon often suggests is the motivation for a strike), it would not be damaged. Of course with CEPs of Russian missiles often being measured in miles, you could really put the strike just about anywhere.

Update. The refinery seems to be right on top of the Plant so if you want it to survive the MIRV (assumed?) needs to deviate.

Last edited by kato13; 01-07-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:07 AM
The end is nigh!!!

The oil refinery and the Tank plant are right next door to each other so I think it may be slightly melted in a nuclear explosion.
Attached Images