RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Best system to use for Morrow Projects
Aftermath System 0 0%
d20 System 4 9.52%
GURPS System 7 16.67%
Twilight 2000 System 18 42.86%
Palladium System 0 0%
Other System 13 30.95%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2010, 10:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to clivegh
Default We are converting to D20 for our Campaign

We have been running a campaign for about a year now, and are in the process of making a D20 Version of MP.

Its interesting as D20 Modern is an OGL so you can get about 80% of the rule book just from the Wizards of the Coast Site (and its legal).

We have looked at thunder Mountain, Blood and Guts, Afghanistan D20, Grim and Gritty 4.0, and ADCOM Systems for D20 to make combat both deadly but true to the MP style.

In the End we are testing a Hybrid approach of Grim and Gritty (Players only have CON in HPS and gain 1 or 2 HP per level and ADCOM (Hit locations).

It means that players do Were Body Armor can survie getting shot, But with the Wound Categories from Grim and Gritty (Thunder Mt / Jeremiah) , its easy to deal with.

All the Docs are on Google Docs right now as we are still putting it together.

We all own TMP and plan to buy the new version when it comes out, We just want something that allows the players to pick career paths better (Feats and Skills). Moving to D20 also allows a Huge amount of material to be used in the campaign as there is a TON of D20 stuff out there.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivegh View Post
We have been running a campaign for about a year now, and are in the process of making a D20 Version of MP.

Its interesting as D20 Modern is an OGL so you can get about 80% of the rule book just from the Wizards of the Coast Site (and its legal).

We have looked at thunder Mountain, Blood and Guts, Afghanistan D20, Grim and Gritty 4.0, and ADCOM Systems for D20 to make combat both deadly but true to the MP style.

In the End we are testing a Hybrid approach of Grim and Gritty (Players only have CON in HPS and gain 1 or 2 HP per level and ADCOM (Hit locations).

It means that players do Were Body Armor can survie getting shot, But with the Wound Categories from Grim and Gritty (Thunder Mt / Jeremiah) , its easy to deal with.

All the Docs are on Google Docs right now as we are still putting it together.

We all own TMP and plan to buy the new version when it comes out, We just want something that allows the players to pick career paths better (Feats and Skills). Moving to D20 also allows a Huge amount of material to be used in the campaign as there is a TON of D20 stuff out there.
It does sound interesting, I never played much in the d20 game systems. Original D&D is where I started but never advanced much beyond that, when "newer" systems came out.

I looked up Afghanistan D20 and it looks interesting to read its background, does it really need D&D Players Handbook 3rd edition? That is hard to get now that the 4th edition seems to be out.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:14 AM

You can go to wizards of the coast and get the D20 Modern downloads for free as its all in the Open Source License.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivegh View Post
You can go to wizards of the coast and get the D20 Modern downloads for free as its all in the Open Source License.
Ok it took a bit or searching but I found the core rules and searching my computer I found I have a few other d20 downloads from a few years back.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:09 PM

Default Just send me an Msg with your google Account ID and I will add you to the Google Docs

We could use as much feedback or ideas as you have!

Just give my an IM or message (AOL IM clivegh) and I will get you on our google Docs for the Conversion project. Any feedback is always welcomed.

Thanks!

Clive
Old 01-28-2010, 05:09 PM

I find that any system Richard Tucholka had his hand in to be hopelessly clunky. I also own Fringeworty and FTL:whatever-the-number-is and they are both almost unplayable. I've met Rich and like him, but he can't write a simple game system to save his soul. Like many others, I find v2.2 Twilight: 2000 to be the best system around for any after-the-apocalypse game. I just substitute MP training for the "war term" and away we go. I've tossed out the "war" and substituted a Y2K on steroids as my disaster, and set the team in my old stomping grounds of the Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, with a reborn Nazi Party as the big villain. I've given them a bit of steampunk-style technology, like the Indy Jones Flying Wing and light Star Wars walkers to make them distinctive, but nothing an MP shouldn't be able to handle. I've also settled on a new weapons set for the MP, including the Steyr AUG, Glock pistols and the MP5 SMG, just to make them more interesting and a bit more fin-du-siecle.