RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 08-27-2014, 03:25 AM
bigehauser

Cool I'm so old, and have been so silent, that I'm probably new...

After probably years of inactivity on this group, I have once again returned. Since the time I was active on this group, my views politically and personally have changed dramatically in some ways, and I have since left the US military because of it. The last few years in the Army have been a demonstrably influential factor in my desire to be a free man, and to be as self governing as possible beyond the limitations of government bureaucracy. I digress.

Aside from all that, I hope to chat with familiar people once again, and maybe some new ones. Hell, maybe even host an online game, a face to face game, or play in a few if I am so lucky.

"Good luck. You're on your own... *static*"
Old 08-27-2014, 07:27 AM

Welcome back! Thank you for your service.

Hope to hear more from you.

My $0.02

Mike
Old 08-27-2014, 07:44 AM
bigehauser

Thanks, man! It's good to be back. I've only been back a few hours, but I'm already seeing new and interesting things. I also see that the legendary Paul Mulcahy still roams here in all his T2K glory. Again...great to be back. It's an honor to be with fellow Post Apoc nerds.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:24 PM
Erstwhile Gamer

Grats on entering a new stage in your life.
Even if you're an old T2k hand, sounds like you're joining as a largely new man. Sounds exciting!
Do you find yourself looking at the story, game, or genre in much the same way as you used to?
Old 08-28-2014, 04:21 AM
bigehauser

Honestly, I have never really seen the game the same way over time. The mystique behind it took different forms as I got older, experienced similar circumstances seen in the game, traveled the world, etc.

I guess the post apocalyptic genre in general is how I look at this subject, and not so much T2K on its own. The only real large change that I have begun to look at in a much deeper way, relative to this genre, is the dynamic of a government's role after collapse (the different ways government can easily slip right back into why the collapse happened in the first place, for example).
Old 09-02-2014, 09:17 PM
The Stat Guy

Well, let me welcome you -- one old fart to another!

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 09-03-2014, 06:46 AM
The end is nigh!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
Well, let me welcome you -- one old fart to another!
His farts are so old... they were featured in Jurassic Park as the dna source for one of the dinosaurs.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:40 PM
bigehauser

Things seem to have gotten quieter since I last checked in.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigehauser View Post
Honestly, I have never really seen the game the same way over time. The mystique behind it took different forms as I got older, experienced similar circumstances seen in the game, traveled the world, etc.

I guess the post apocalyptic genre in general is how I look at this subject, and not so much T2K on its own. The only real large change that I have begun to look at in a much deeper way, relative to this genre, is the dynamic of a government's role after collapse (the different ways government can easily slip right back into why the collapse happened in the first place, for example).
Hello. I just joined last year. I have to agree with the above statement. I am actually playing a sort of MERC campaign based on my own experiences (I served in Restore Hope) in Africa. It is funny how military service changes your perspective in the game.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:29 PM

Default I am almost afraid ta ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnwolf View Post
His farts are so old... they were featured in Jurassic Park as the dna source for one of the dinosaurs.
And Just how do you class the explosive efforts of meself at 67?
Tis better to see them afor they see you.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:30 PM

Default Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigehauser View Post
Things seem to have gotten quieter since I last checked in.
A.Yer not so old as ye think smile.
B. Yer not reading all the threads laugh
Old 12-08-2015, 09:13 PM
The end is nigh!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT. Ox View Post
And Just how do you class the explosive efforts of meself at 67?

Your farts were the cause of the Big Bang Theory....
Old 12-15-2015, 09:59 PM
The Stat Guy

I beat all of you with my achievement -- it's been so long, I've revirginated

Old 12-15-2015, 11:50 PM

Default OK!!!

Quote:
Now ye made me wet me pants
Old 12-17-2015, 08:31 PM
The end is nigh!!!

Quote:
Ummm didn't you have to start out as a virgin in the first place? I heard what you did for a Klondike Bar and even the devil was impressed!!
Old 01-03-2016, 02:04 AM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

WELCOME BACK YOU LITTLE FUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't respond to your FB of give a message as you cleaned out your friends list!

And glad you sanitized your posts... I was going through a "querry" at the highest levels myself for being a civi and critizing top brass.

Being disillusioned is part of growing older and wiser. When I recall you contacted me personaly for being late to as I recall, a dental appointment in Oki. Wow, where has the time gone.

You best refreind me on FB boy, I've missed you and wondered what had become of you.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:42 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnwolf View Post
Ummm didn't you have to start out as a virgin in the first place? I heard what you did for a Klondike Bar and even the devil was impressed!!
We were all virgins at some point. Or were you born with a girl and poking her?

Old 07-21-2019, 04:11 PM
bigehauser

Post A Sudden Return on The Wake of A Florida Thunderstorm

It has been four years, but after 5 password attempts and a chat about Twilight:2000 with another Paratrooper this afternoon, I am back on this forum.

A lot has happened in the last 4 years since I had been on this forum.

Rather than immediately rehash, I first just want to say hello again to all of you lads and ladies.

Here is a quick rundown on my last month in the United States Army back in September 2014, now that I am completely out of the Army, and now some old wounds have FINALLY started to heal regarding my time in the military.

The original post on this forum thread was typed up about 1 month before I officially ETS'd from Active Duty on 22 September 2014.

The Army was so fucked up by the time I fought to get the
fuck out early on a Reduction in Force contract by getting a job as an above-minimum wage construction worker, that the Army couldn't even get me my DD214 on the date of my ETS.

I had to stay at Fort Bragg, NC, one day after the end of my official
time in service, AND I had to be clean shaven and in uniform, when I
retrieved my DD214, on 23 September 2014.

Sergeant Hauser was so highly accustomed to this particular type of Fuck Fuck GameTM, that he just added another dosage of alcohol as required by the Spirit of The Bayonet.

This might not seem like a big deal, but if you're anyone who is anyone who has served time like I did, which I know there are still a few of you here kicking and breathing, you know how something like this "final out" experience might affect a man's soul... if he still had any left, which, after four overseas tours and three of them including Hostile Fire Pay and Imminent Danger Pay, this Paratrooper barely did.

I did everything a good soldier was supposed to do, even if it meant
me hurting myself, but the fucking Army almost didn't pay me thousands
of dollars for storage unit compensation as promised, among other seemingly "minimal" things. The mental bandwidth to put up with it while performing tasks and duties well above my pay grade had reached a limit even I had previously never expected from what I thought was the finest army on the planet.

My soul was basically murdered by the Army, other people knew it, other people acknowledged, nobody had the capacity to care, so it was time to go.

This, along with the dreaded reality that my DD214 might not be ready on time, is why, directly before, during, and after I initially started this forum thread, I held myself hostage in my barracks on Smoke Bomb Hill.

I did not go on terminal leave as I had planned. Instead:

-I ended up selling all of my leave days to compensate for the Airborne injuries sustained that took me off jump status so I would still have some money in my pocket before heading back to Florida by myself.

-I picked up my DD214 a day late and a dollar short.

-I damned my wallet to Hell by allowing my storage unit full of 8 years of memories to stay up in North Carolina, where it still sits today, and it still needs to be cleared out.

-I put Fort Bragg, NC in the rearview mirror of my 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport on a lift kit and 33 inch tires, and moved into the next phase of my life, Traumatic Brain Injury or not, like a good Paratrooper is supposed to do.

-I've been dealing with a lot of major health issues, my dick doesn't work around women and I'm 31, I'm fighting a lot of addiction, I live on my family's back porch without central heating or air, spiders crawl on me at night, but it could be worse: I could be living in Twilight 2000.

I missed this forum, and here is what I have been up to at a glance:
www.endeavorstosuccess.com

I'm currently working on a science fiction universe for my first book, I've decided to dedicate my life to art and music, and I'm working on some wargaming and roleplaying game rules of my own that will all tip a feathered hat back to games like Twilight: 2000, also known as T2K, and All Flesh Must Be Eaten, also known as AFMBE.

-Eric
Old 07-21-2019, 10:25 PM

I know the paperwork hell of which you speak, but in my case it wasn't discharge, but a transfer. I made the mistake of thinking changing not just units, but an entire corps was somehow a good idea and that doing it over Christmas was the perfect time to do it.
Months later and ALL but my pay records (the only thing proving I'd been in the army for years already) had disappeared, and I find myself back on Day 1, Pre-week, recruit training. I got SCREWED. I saw an opportunity to end the fuckery and got out soon after. It's quite possible I'm the only reverse engineered civilian around.
Worst part is I actually enjoyed the army and had been on track for a commission.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 07-22-2019, 10:36 AM
Banned

welcome back to the forum - lots of changes in the last four years - including news of a fourth version of twilight 2000 and several new sourcebooks and modules that have been released over the last two years - good to have you back
Old 07-22-2019, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Welcome back, Bigehauser. It's good to see you again.
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048
Old 07-23-2019, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
...a fourth version of twilight 2000....
Now if only we could find out who's behind it so that those who are/have published new books can talk to them about compatibility issues!
The only two people we're aware of who know (Marc Miller being one) aren't exactly being all that helpful!

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 07-24-2019, 12:49 PM

Biggie! Welcome back. I had wondered what happened to you. From one writer to another, pain and suffering is often our stock and trade But, it's fun to see your stuff in print. Anyhow, sorry to hear mama green and her mean machine did it's level best to screw things up...as usual.

But yeah, we are awaiting ANOTHER version of T2k. I am not 100% sure what to make of the silence. I think it's partly a reaction to T2013, and partly to the fact T5 was not met with acclaim.

But good to hear you are back. And welcome to the discussion? Lot's happened since you left.

"Red Star, Burning Streets" by Cavalier Books, 2020

https://epochxp.tumblr.com/ - EpochXperience - Contributing Blogger since October 2020. (A Division of SJR Consulting).