RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default A pretty neat idea I had for a GURPS game I am running!

Jason Weiser 08-23-2005, 01:38 PM Well,

we're running a GURPS 4th Ed game (Infinate Worlds) with rotating refs and well, I am using the t2K world as a world (Low mana, and many in the group are Psis and magic users...bwahahah! ) In any event, I am working on some plot ideas on how to make this work.

Basically, the basic plot idea is this: Centrum (The evil alternate number of Infinity) has a agent in place on Twilight-1. He's posing as a Soviet Colonel. Infinity wants him because he's really a high ranking fellow in the Centrum Interworld Service. And, he knows Russian very well, like a native. Infinity would like to know why. All in all, he's perfect for ISWAT to go in and grab him.

One problem...they have to do it while making it look like just some action from the ongoing war. Worse, revelations to come during the debrief of this fellow and later are going to bring New America and some time jumping Nazis from Reich-5 into this.

Ed the Coastie 08-29-2005, 12:20 AM By all that is sacred, Jason, you are combining two of my favorite games!!! Too bad that you are an entire continent away...

SD Anderson 09-03-2005, 12:03 AM One problem...they have to do it while making it look like just some action from the ongoing war. Worse, revelations to come during the debrief of this fellow and later are going to bring New America and some time jumping Nazis from Reich-5 into this.

An interesting question: Centrum's Conveyors can only reach down to Q6 from their Q8 based projector, while Infinity's can only reach up to Q7 from their projector on Q5. T2K has to be on one of those two Quanta and Reich 5 is down on Q3 without conveyors or projectors.

How do they get up that far in the quanta? A couple of suggestions: 1) there is one world in the IW book that coexists on two quanta, supposedly a paraphysical impossibility. Why not two such planets? If the world is accessible to the Nazis via a branch of the Chronobahn, they could bring up full regiments starting from the entry point to the Chronobahn, somewhere in the middle east, usually.

Or the demon Tychiron knows of this place and seeded a mule or two with the ability to travel to it specifically.

Jason Weiser 09-07-2005, 08:16 PM I am assuming the world is on the Chronobahn, but that the Nazis are going to play Centrum and New America for patsies before invading.

Not that Centrum doesn't have their own plans as well....

Either way, the game went well, and left a lot more questions than answers, as I modified "Escape" for my purposes. Basically, they had to recover a Centrum agent posing as a Soviet Colonel. (How does someone from a culturally homogonous world speaking English speak fluent enough Russian to pass?) Another secondary order was to recover a sample of the gasoline to analyize (Infinity assumes the Soviet gas is from Centrum).

Players went in as KGB, and did well, with not a shot fired, till the Centrum hit squad showed up. They tried and failed to kill our heroes and the Colonel, who spirited him off into the night leaving a balls to the wall firefight behind them.

The Centrum agent really did think he was a Soviet Colonel, thanks to the new "Translation Assistance Medication" he had taken before his insertion onto Twilight-1. He spoke perfect Russian, but he became his cover and his own personality died. In short, he went nuts. He also kept diaries (A no-no, but like I said, he was nuts). He wrote about a meeting with a Herr Hambruger and a representitve of a Mr. Carl Hughes on an earlier visit to Twilight-1.

Questions....many questions indeed freinds.

Jason Weiser 09-20-2005, 07:59 PM Latest news!

We're getting 10 people a night in our group and well, the sentiment is to split up into two 5-person groups. Trouble is....most of the group ONLY wants to run "high magic, high fantasy wierdness". So, if there is a split, I think I will be in the minority.

Basically, stereotypical liberal NYers who cringe at the words "guns", "military" and anything positive thereof. Knew I might have put them through too much when I had a Soviet officer shoot a straggler who could not keep up with the column right in front of their eyes.

But then again, Twilight 2000 is a rough place with a lot of grays, but yet, I play soldiers for the most part as just like everyone else. Perhaps that threw them too? I dunno.

pmulcahy 09-21-2005, 11:17 PM I don't know too much about that particular GURPS book; I only recently found it in a used book store and haven't really had time to read it. But time travel and dimensional travel and its ramifications are one of my loves!

pmulcahy 09-22-2005, 01:56 AM Latest news!

We're getting 10 people a night in our group and well, the sentiment is to split up into two 5-person groups. Trouble is....most of the group ONLY wants to run "high magic, high fantasy wierdness". So, if there is a split, I think I will be in the minority.

I did this once (it's an old story to those who frequented this board's predecessor); I put the characters into a Dungeons and Dragons world. They did great, including completely demolishing the Steading of the Hill Giant King. Really great, until they started running out of ammunition...

Ed the Coastie 09-25-2005, 10:31 PM I nearly always run an adaptation of the old AD&D module "Expedition to the Barrier Peaks" in most of the campaigns I run, regardless of the rule system. I was really hoping that my newest game would be a Dark Conspiracy one so that I could suck them through the Bermuda Triangle, plop them into the Xenozoic Era of Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, and then have them stumble across the spaceship...

Yeah, I'm pretty evil.

Jason Weiser 10-10-2005, 01:51 PM Well, running again tonight, and since it's halloween a coming..I think the Black Madonna will be on tap. Basically, their job is to recover the Madonna for Homeline and the Polish government, as well as investigate the relatively high mana readings one got on a recent survey of an area some 200' around the ruins of the Jansa Gora. Yup, will not run this straight from the book either....bwahahah!

Jason Weiser 10-10-2005, 07:55 PM 1. Players arrive on Twilight-1..so far only one firefight with Marauders where the PCs convinced the bad guys they were something evil and the WL sent by god.

2. Players found evidence the Nazis are on Twilight-1 (A field jacket, a helmet and some shell casings)

3. Something wierd is going on with Chestsowa...I had a "magical reverb" go off..yep....definately Gozerville.

4. Brother Paul hung with out PCs....heheh...wait till SSD-1109 catches up with them?