RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 07-11-2014, 01:42 AM

Default Settlement Report

given the mission of the morrow project one would assume they have a standard reporting form for settlements encountered. that said such also help the GM keep track when adding towns vilages and such to the game. so i figured i'd ask if any of you have created such forms or if you even use them.

granted i'm currently working on one of my own.
the best course of action when all is against you is to slow down and think critically about the situation. this way you are not blindly rushing into an ambush and your mind is doing something useful rather than getting you killed.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:21 AM

admittedly this is a work in progress. i'm thinking of adding line numbers and brevity codes to add to the realism as if its something you would actually radio to higher headquarters to help get settlements cataloged so they can receive the needed assistance.
Attached Files
File Type: txt MP-SR001 Town Report.txt (228 Bytes, 75 views)
the best course of action when all is against you is to slow down and think critically about the situation. this way you are not blindly rushing into an ambush and your mind is doing something useful rather than getting you killed.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:43 AM

I think this is a very good idea. I never thought about something like this in the games I have played/GM'ed.

As I read Prime Base, most of the first contact information was passed by radio. However, this type of form makes sense.

My $0.02

Mike
Old 07-11-2014, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

If it was a planned program from the original project I don't see "tech level" and culture being discussed. Things would still be mostly feeding of pre war stocks and I don't see the cultural variety seen 150 years after the strikes to have presented itself yet. Yes you might have slavery or similar activities, but they would not be culturally embedded after only 5 years, but probably seen as a means to an end. (edit) There might possibly be Amerind culture being mentioned, but it would not be so radical to the project that it needs to be a focus.

I think there would be additional fields for:

Water source and quality
Food source, quality and variety.
Medical quality.
Persons of interest
Old 07-12-2014, 01:40 AM

given that in T2K even while the war is going on a number of cities have suffered technological retrograde and significant culture shift its even a major consideration in contemporary nation building efforts.
and your right i did forget to include a large chunk of my training on that side. but i figured POI's would be included under cultural situation.

new version
Attached Files
File Type: txt MP-SR001A1 Town Report.txt (338 Bytes, 52 views)

Last edited by bobcat; 07-12-2014 at 01:46 AM.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:55 AM

another reason to include technological and cultural situation is simple. imagine a team of morrow operatives finding themselves even at boom plus five years stuck operating in the deep south. they would have very little of the resources they would would have grown accustomed to from the industrial north in a radically alien culture and a generally agrarian technological situation. so it is probable that the COT would make such considerations.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:19 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

You are certainly right on societal shifts taking place. Those should certainly be documented. It might just be the word "culture" which is sticking with me.

I generally think of culture as being something at the core and not at the surface. But as culture is a good overarching term so I can see it being used.

The regional differences is certainly something that should be thought of, but I would hope that the project would have some sort of immersion training if they are placing people in areas they are not familiar with.

My thought immediately went to a Pennsylvania team dealing with the PA dutch or Amish survivors. That would certainly be a "culture" shock. I would hope that the project would have at least minimally prepared a team with what they might be dealing with.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:57 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat View Post
another reason to include technological and cultural situation is simple. imagine a team of morrow operatives finding themselves even at boom plus five years stuck operating in the deep south. they would have very little of the resources they would would have grown accustomed to from the industrial north in a radically alien culture and a generally agrarian technological situation. so it is probable that the COT would make such considerations.
Yeah, you have to have a VISA to go from North to South in the US, make sure your vaccinations are up to date. In the south there is no running water, toilets are thirty feet from the back door of the house or business, everybody has the same last name in the town due to inbreeding. Heck most of us didn't see our first screw until we bought a TSR 80 from Radio Shack.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyT0001 View Post
Yeah, you have to have a VISA to go from North to South in the US, make sure your vaccinations are up to date. In the south there is no running water, toilets are thirty feet from the back door of the house or business, everybody has the same last name in the town due to inbreeding. Heck most of us didn't see our first screw until we bought a TSR 80 from Radio Shack.
i'm just saying when i got stuck at Fort Gordon i had to drive all the way to Atlanta to find a radio shack with radio parts. add nukes and 5 years of entropy to that and you might not even be able to scrounge a working battery. or that Pennsylvania team working with the Pennsylvania dutch(or similar local equivalents for wherever your team is stuck). and one cannot forget the SCA can be found almost anywhere and after significant nuking they might find themselves having the only stuff that still works after five years. and i have yet to find a store in the south that even accepts VISA.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:05 PM

and i can't even get GPS to work right in Atlanta. last time i tried relying on that to navigate i was trying to get to a pizza joint and wound up lost for three hours down a street with nothing but strip clubs.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Internet Intellectual

I was expecting the NATO standard line item style with brevity codes for fast transmission.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:53 PM

You raise a good point, SGT. The bandwidth of the radio without MORROWNET is really small. If the teams were to get their reports to Primebase for their extensive records that way, short codes would be the order of the day. Though I took the approach that the on board computer has tape backup and they would arranged for a pick up via radio and be able to send huge amounts of data quickly. The whole bandwidth of a semi full of disks scenario. Of course all bets are off 150 later....
Old 07-13-2014, 05:55 AM

for most of it, it would be the standard Green, Amber, Red, Black
but for much of it you can't really use brevity codes. hence why i gave it a form number rather than a 9 line medivac.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:04 AM

here is a transmittable town report.
11 line rather than the promised 9 line
Attached Files
File Type: txt MP-SR001T Transmittable town report.txt (526 Bytes, 63 views)
Old 07-13-2014, 06:09 AM

and if any of you got something better feel free to post it.