RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2020, 03:11 AM

I would guesstimate that this kickstarter lands around 4 mil if nothing exciting is added that people can't live without, such as vehicle cards or an surprise adon sourcebook etc.A success it is anyway since the most funded rpg game so for for FL is: 4 249 903 SEK for the Electric State, they may even beat that goal.
Old 08-28-2020, 09:17 PM
Registered Registrant

Recently the kickstarter hit another stretch goal. The Black Madonna rewrite is now unlocked based on the money pledged although when I check the kickstarter page it had not been updated to reflect this
Old 08-28-2020, 11:25 PM

Good Morning, its about 07,30 here in Sweden on saturday morning, so im sure the next SGs will be delayed a bit.
Old 08-29-2020, 06:14 AM
The end is nigh!!!

With only a few days left I don't forsee any major stretch goals. Maybe another set of dice would be easiest.

*dreaming of a Pirates rewrite*
Old 08-29-2020, 01:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic View Post
Recently the kickstarter hit another stretch goal. The Black Madonna rewrite is now unlocked based on the money pledged although when I check the kickstarter page it had not been updated to reflect this
STRETCHGOAL 22: THE BLACK MADONNA – UNLOCKED!
The Black Madonna is one of the most iconic modules for the first edition of Twilight: 2000. If we reach this goal, the original author Frank Frey will write a new version of this scenario, updated for the new edition. This is a digital stretch goal, which will be made available to all backers in PDF format, after the release of the core game. Backers will also be able to order a printed version of this book from our webshop at zero cost except shipping.
Old 08-31-2020, 09:01 AM

It seems they are listening to people on what they want:

STRETCHGOAL 25: HOMELAND HACK – LOCKED
If we reach this goal, we will expand the World at War chapter in the Players’ Manual with texts describing major regions beyond the core settings Poland and Sweden. These texts will cover the US, the UK, and Germany, and an overview of the rest of the world. The texts will be accompanied with include guidelines for placing a Twilight: 2000 campaign in these areas.

"Red Star, Burning Streets" by Cavalier Books, 2020

https://epochxp.tumblr.com/ - EpochXperience - Contributing Blogger since October 2020. (A Division of SJR Consulting).
Old 08-31-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Weiser View Post
It seems they are listening to people on what they want:

STRETCHGOAL 25: HOMELAND HACK – LOCKED
If we reach this goal, we will expand the World at War chapter in the Players’ Manual with texts describing major regions beyond the core settings Poland and Sweden. These texts will cover the US, the UK, and Germany, and an overview of the rest of the world. The texts will be accompanied with include guidelines for placing a Twilight: 2000 campaign in these areas.
Excited for this.
Old 08-31-2020, 09:45 AM

I can't believe they didn't include this from the very start! It's rather vital to form a proper understanding of the game world for referees. Bit of a big step up too compared to the others. I wonder if they made it more because they don't really want to include it if they can avoid it?

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 08-31-2020, 10:54 AM
Banned

I agree this should be a day one goal - surprised they never considered it till now - that and there should be soon some kind of order of battle for the US, Soviet, Swedish and NATO forces in the game - especially for refs running scenarios - you could use the old books but with the new timeline they wont be accurate