RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 02-10-2015, 12:17 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieqo View Post
Before you go wild giving Damocles new toys to play with, just remember that canonically he wasn't finished yet. He was hooked up to NORAD and SAC traffic nets in "listen-only" mode. The war occurred before testing was complete, so he hadn't yet been as fully plugged-in as his designers intended (it also explains why there were a bunch of civilians in the complex when he had his little..."episode"). So if you stick to that limitation there's no reason to worry about him going "Skynet" on you, and you have a good justification for keeping his arsenal small.
The point of the Mission is to "Reset" Damocles out of that operational wargaming mode. Then Damocles can run with full capabilities, not the scenario driven limitations or responses. Most of this talk governs the "After the Module" scenarios.

Damocles without the limits imposed by the wargame mode it has been locked into for 150 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieqo View Post
Things like this are one of the reasons I tend to stick with the "retro" EotW scenario: it allows me to spend more time on the "forward story" rather than trying to update backstory.
This isn't incompatible with the discussion so far.

Would you care to add your "forward story" to the discussion so far?

Last edited by ArmySGT.; 02-11-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:19 PM
Internet Intellectual

I like these as replacement for the small two legged roving scout robots.

Robot Dog, the smaller version of Boston Dynamics "Big Dog" all terrain support robot.

Robot Dog
Old 02-24-2015, 06:19 AM

A simple fire suppression system would make a nasty obstacle if used on a level.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:02 PM

Never thought about a fire suppression system. Imagine if it could seal the doors like there airlocks and then just inject halon in. Simple doors you can breach, but if there reinforced. And popping a whole in the wall may not just work.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:11 PM

If you have ever had the chance to watch "Preppers" on the NatGeo channel, you could see a converted missile silo. This guy is selling "condos" in the underground silo he is rebuilding as a form of Doomsday Arc. This could be a good "blueprint" for an underground facility.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:57 PM

If I ever win the lottery I want to own a converted Silo. I would never leave! And any visitors would be issued Vault Suits when they came in.