RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Eastern European Sourcebook (Was: Don't Sue Us)

kato13 01-13-2004, 10:09 PM I decided to start a new thread, as I feel this has crept off original topic.

I found my copy of EESB out of state. I happened to be in Lake Geneva, WI on a trip. Even though Gen Con had moved to Milwaukee at this point, the gaming store in LG was always well stocked.

I personally don't like the Canon that the EESB provided. The 8th Mech. actually has much more firepower man per man than a prewar division.

~1000 Men

4 Helicopters

17 Tanks

~>43 IFV (M2/M3)

9 M109

4 MLRS

2 M691

The description also says 100+ vehicles. That makes me think they have fewer than 200, certainly fewer than 300. Given the armored total of at least 75 (not counting the M113 series, or engineering vehicles) that leaves a range of 75-220 trucks or transports.

I have spent literally weeks trying to figure out how "barely 1000 men" could handle all this logistically. In my younger years I thought of it as a potent fighting force. Now I just see it as purely ridiculous.

Has anyone got any ideas on this?

shrike6 01-14-2004, 09:08 PM I'm not a big fan of EESB either. I keep in mind it was authored by the infamous Craig Sheeley of City of Angels fame. I mean the Greeks with Soviet Tanks, WTF! but I do like the general descriptions it provides on the various countries in the region and it did provide some new vehicles that hadn't been covered in the other books (Fox NBC recon vehicle comes to mind).