RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2009, 06:27 PM

Default For the miniatures gamers amongst us!

It's a building suitable for games set in the US!

"Red Star, Burning Streets" by Cavalier Books, 2020

https://epochxp.tumblr.com/ - EpochXperience - Contributing Blogger since October 2020. (A Division of SJR Consulting).
Old 05-26-2009, 10:54 PM
The Stat Guy

Did you make that? It's great.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 05-27-2009, 02:09 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain
Default impressive

very good work - I'd like to see a scaled down version of LA....nuked LA that is.....why am I not a milionaire.......
Old 05-27-2009, 03:19 AM

All it needs is a zombie horde clawing at the boards on the windows.....
Old 05-27-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerCCW UK
All it needs is a zombie horde clawing at the boards on the windows.....
For that kind of thing you need to go here:

http://www.skankgame.com/zombietown.html

Or here:

http://www.combatzonechronicles.net/table.htm

I've got to say I don't really get the fascination with zombies but I really like some of these buildings (largely made from Plasticville O Scale buildings) that would be very cool for a modern skirmish game.

Malcolm
Old 05-27-2009, 05:51 PM
The Stat Guy

It way beats what I used to do (carve buildings and terrain features out of styrofoam).

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 05-28-2009, 11:10 PM

The idea I had was that the building was in an area close to a strike. The town was evacuated like Pripyat was in the Chernobyl area. Before pulling out, the authorities boarded up the building...but left the back doors locked so one could do rad surveys...and like the rest of town..posted warning signs. So, the building's been pretty neglected for the last two years. I have another wood frame and sided building (it's supposed to be a rib joint, but I shot the windows up, as well as the front of the building..I'm going to say it's in some New American held town where the locals take daily shots at the small New American garrison that has started using the place as a barracks).

https://epochxp.tumblr.com/ - EpochXperience - Contributing Blogger since October 2020. (A Division of SJR Consulting).
Old 05-31-2009, 08:07 AM

Hi Jason,
I'm assuming this is a 28mm building? I like it a lot - nicely weathered and pretty generic. What else have you got that we can see?

I've often toyed with the idea of a modern skirmish setup but would probably do it in 15mm (I already have a bunch of WWII kit for that including some scenery) - but some of those 28mm figures are very inviting.

Malcolm
Old 05-31-2009, 03:29 PM

Malcolm,
It's HO railway scale, and I am going to use it with 20mm figures.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlearmies
Hi Jason,
I'm assuming this is a 28mm building? I like it a lot - nicely weathered and pretty generic. What else have you got that we can see?
Ask and ye shall receive:

Last edited by Jason Weiser; 06-01-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:01 PM

Very Sweet! What material is it that looks like particle board? What scale are the vehicles? Are they old Airfix injection molds?

Sorry for strafing you with questions, but now that my son won't eat the small pieces I would really like to get back into modeling.

Benjamin
Old 05-31-2009, 06:20 PM

Vehicles are 1/72 and the ruins are made of cork tiles that I got in the CVS for bulletin boards. Just use wood glue and the wood is swizzle sticks stolen from Starbucks, some cartridge holders from some ammo boxes from our last fun shoot and some odds and ends from my parts bin.

The vehicles are a mix of Dragon pre-builts, a Mars Chinese kit (they're not the greatest, but they're damn cheap), some JB Models M113s, a Trumpeter LAV-25 and an old Misato toy LAV-25, I replaced the barrel on that..and some HMMWVs from Liberation Miniatures and Dragon kits. There is also an old Esci M1.

So, it's an eclectic mix! The Soviets will be reworked shortly as soon as I get the Americans done.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:44 PM

They're hard to find but Matchbox HMMWVs are the exact same size as a Dragon plastic HMMWV. Not as easy to customize, though.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:54 AM

Old 06-07-2009, 09:26 AM

I was going to run my first Twilight 1998 game that same evening this post came up.

I use 1/285 and 1/300 scale vehicles, soldiers and buildings.

Its kind of a role-playing/miniatures gaming one 1 to 1 vehicle scale.

I have thought about it for so many years but never done anything until now.

The rules are mostly Gurps slimed down for skills and such and phoenix command for hit results.

I played similarly games on gaming conventions for the last 16 years mostly at Gothcon the worlds oldest regularly returning gaming convention.

Most of the time im spent game mastering the Game Kelly’s Heroes witch is called “Kellys Hjältar” in Swedish.

Next year we celebrate our 34th year.

It’s a shame that this kind of gaming is almost extinct today.

Now its all 40K and Flames of war (FOW).

I am playing a ww2 campaign twice a year.

We usually use the war diary from a German heavy battalion and recreate some of the battles.

And we follows that battalion during a 3-7 days in a row, vith means we usually can do a battle a day, so when the week is over so is the campaign.

This summer is thinking we are going to follow the 653 and 654th heavy tank destroyer battalions.

From towed PAK guns and short barrelled stugs from 1940-1945.

This means we can follow the same unit for a couple of years and people can play the same characters again.

If they survive.

Last edited by Hybris; 06-07-2009 at 09:37 AM.