RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2012, 10:28 AM

Default Tw 2013 injury question

Are wound penalties cumulative?

I know that if you get a moderate wound and then later another moderate wound, the injury increases to serious. But what happens if you get another slight wound to the same area?

Does injury affect movement?

Thanks,

Michael
Old 06-23-2012, 02:25 PM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Lewis View Post
Are wound penalties cumulative?
No. See p. 152, last line under the "Skill Checks" header, after the example:

"If multiple wound penalties apply to a single roll, apply only the worst relevant wound penalty."

Quote:
I know that if you get a moderate wound and then later another moderate wound, the injury increases to serious. But what happens if you get another slight wound to the same area?
The "Recurring Injuries" section on p. 152 implies, but does not explicitly state, what happens here. Once a hit location has a wound, additional wounds of lesser severity have no additional effect. The design intent is that once you have a sucking chest wound, paper cuts don't really matter.

Quote:
Does injury affect movement?
Yes. See the leg injury descriptions on pages 152-154.

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson
Old 06-23-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegyrius View Post
The "Recurring Injuries" section on p. 152 implies, but does not explicitly state, what happens here. Once a hit location has a wound, additional wounds of lesser severity have no additional effect. The design intent is that once you have a sucking chest wound, paper cuts don't really matter.

- C.
Ok. That seems a little strange that lesser wounds don't affect once your wounded. So If you have a serious wound, you can be shot a dozen more times as long as it's moderate with no additional effects.

P.S I just realized that you wrote Twilight 2013. Boy do I feel dumb. Anyway, thanks so much! I think you did a remarkable job! What I like about it is that it seems so similar to 2.2 that it's possible to intermix the two.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:54 PM
The end is nigh!!!

Quote:
Ok. That seems a little strange that lesser wounds don't affect once your wounded. So If you have a serious wound, you can be shot a dozen more times as long as it's moderate with no additional effects.

P.S I just realized that you wrote Twilight 2013. Boy do I feel dumb. Anyway, thanks so much! I think you did a remarkable job! What I like about it is that it seems so similar to 2.2 that it's possible to intermix the two.
Yes that was the quirk of the game but don't forget the shock, knockdown and bleeding out rules. You have a sucking chest wound unless you get help fast you will die. Doesn't matter how many times you get hit in the chest you are down and out.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:

Agreed. I can't understand all the "2013 Hate" out there. Are there mistakes and things that could have been done better? Yeah. But there are always mistakes and things that could have been done better. What some reviewers and forum dwellers around the 'Net call 'plot holes you could drive a truck through', I prefer to think of as opportunities for devious GM's to come up with their own ideas, history, what have you. And after playing as many different systems as I have, and seeing characters shrug off hits from machineguns, laser rifles, battleaxes, etc., and pound the snot out of their attacker, its nice to see systems like T2013 and Shadowrun, where a half-skilled puke with a 9mm is a threat, not a comical distraction.

I wish 93 Games Studio had stayed in business and kept making stuff for 2013, especially since I didnt even know this edition existed until they'd already folded. But it is what is is, so....

On a side note, I've got some players an some adventures and ideas written down, so my T2013 campaign should be kicking off soon, probably next Sunday. One of my players was also in my T2k campaign 15 years ago, and he was pretty enthusiastic about playing again. Apparently the "All-Steve" Twilight 2000 ver 2 campaign I ran back then was one of those campaigns that the players still talk about decades later. It's called the "All-Steve" party because somehow EVERY one of the first 3 or 4 characters were named Steve. Two of my other friends/fellow handed were also keen on playing (one of them was one of the original Steves), but one lives 2 hours away and the other moved to AZ.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stg58fal View Post
Agreed. I can't understand all the "2013 Hate" out there.
Me too. I'm not a huge fan of T2013's alternate history but the Reflex Rules are top-notch. Those who are long-time members here will be all too familiar with my love for the alternative combat rules system I have used for almost 2 decades for my T2000 (and other game system) campaigns. Reflex is the first system I've seen in that time that I'd consider using instead.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:39 AM

If sometimes the words in my posts don't make sense, its most likely because I'm posting using my *supposedly* "smart" phone. Dumb bastard likes to correct me when I use a word I haven't taught it yet, and I don't always catch it before clicking the submit button, or the send button when texting. For example, in my post above it should say fellow *gamers*.

Stupid bastardass phone....

Targan, I hear ya. The history was a shock to me, too, after v1, v2, and v2.2, but then I got into the back of the book where it says (paraphrasing here) a lot of the things in the history were implausible or took a series of unlikely and bad decisions for them to happen. Perhaps there was some hidden force/group at work? And presto, I had a campaign idea, the Ultimate Bad Guys (Russian soldiers are caught up in things the same way the NATO forces are), some major NPC's, minor encounters that can serve as plot hooks to get the PC's on the scent.....all kinds of things.

The fact that PC's can die from things other than a direct hit from a tactical nuke was just the icing on the cake, IMO. Not that I'm a killer GM (I can only think of 3, maybe 4 characters that have died when I was GMing), I just like for the idea, the threat, to be there. I think it encourages players to use their heads more and do things the way a real person would, instead of wading right through rifle and machinegun fire, soaking up dozens of bullets, and accomplishing whatever the goal is. Yes, Palladium, I'm looking at you. >

Michael, feel like sharing any details about your campaign? Plots, any changes you've made to the setting/timeline, etc., that kind of thing? I'm always on the prowl for new ideas.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:02 AM
The end is nigh!!!

I have been fooling around with a campaign where the characters are trying to destroy the last working bridge over the Danube River near Gyor Hungary and their escape through Hungary to Austria and into the Alps down to Monaco to steal a luxury yacht.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:51 PM

Default Combat trial

I might try character creation and a trial combat tomorrow.