RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive

Old 01-22-2010, 12:12 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default NBC Equipment and Training

DeaconR 03-10-2006, 11:36 AM I'm putting together something regarding NBC equipment, vehicles and ideas for creating engineers, medics or other personnel specializing in this sort of thing. I'd appreciate any information people have that can be readily put into game terms.

DeaconR 03-12-2006, 02:28 AM http://www.army.mil/fact_files_site/jslist/index.html

http://www.army.mil/fact_files_site/m40/index.html

http://www.army.mil/fact_files_site/m256a1/index.html

http://www.army.mil/fact_files_site/nbcrs/index.html

The above are links to quick to read descriptions of systems which are an update to what is available in the rulebook, which gms could make available if they wanted to.

In addition, I have come up with the following character concepts.

CDC Field Investigator

Requirements: Bachelor's degree with at least 2 points in biology or medecine, 2 points in chemistry and 2 points in computer. Int. 6 min.

(note: scientists or medical doctors can join this organization automatically)

Beginning Skills:

Survival:1 Lng:1 Bio:2 Chem:2 Comp:1 Med:2 Operate NBC Equipment: 2

Skill List:

Lng, Survival, Climb, WVD, Small Arms, Med, Bio, Chem, Comp, Animal Handling, Leadership Special Skill Operate NBC Equipment

Contacts: Medical or Science Community, Government Agent, Politician or Military

USAMRIID Field Operative (Officer)

Requirements: Commission and Army Basic Training plus at least 2 points in bio or medecine, 2 points in chem and 2 in computer.

Beginning Skills:

Survival: 2 LNG: 2 Bio: 2 Chem: 2 Comp: 1 Med: 1 Leadership:1 Operate NBC Equipment: 2

Skill List:

Survival, Bio, Lng, Chem, Comp, Med, Leadership, Animal Handling, Small Arms, Navigation, wheeled vehicle, Special Skill Operate NBC Equipment

Note: support people for CDC and USAMRIID could qualify as army medics, nurses, scientists or doctors or civilian in the case of the CDC. As well they would have basic technical support personnel.

Operate NBC Equipment Skill

This skill is coupled with education. It enables the user to expertly handle equipment and vehicles which are meant for detection and response to NBC threats. This skill is necessary in order to fully operate the systems on for instance the Fox NBC Reconaissance Vehicle.

BnF95 03-12-2006, 04:39 AM Hmmm ... interesting. I think Paul Mulcahey's site has an NBC skill, in addition to several other interesting ones.

ReHerakhte 03-12-2006, 04:46 AM Operate NBC Equipment Skill

This skill is coupled with education. It enables the user to expertly handle equipment and vehicles which are meant for detection and response to NBC threats. This skill is necessary in order to fully operate the systems on for instance the Fox NBC Reconaissance Vehicle.

As an extra idea...

If you didn't want to use a skill as highly specialized, you could make use of the Sensors skill (I think it's from 'Traveller: The New Era', I'll have to drag my copy out and check). Basically it allows you to operate and understand the information being given by various sensor equipment. It also allows troubleshooting and modest repairs with higher skill levels and with the Cascade rules, you can break it down into anything from operating the radar/weapons displays (e.g. the backseater in the F-4 Phantom, F-15 Strike Eagle, F-14 Tomcat etc.), operating the controls of an electrical power station, using NBC detection gear, using explosive sniffers at airport security, navigating a ship at sea to monitoring radio freqs.

Cheers,

Kevin

DeaconR 03-12-2006, 02:38 PM That sounds like a good skill to add. The reason I had a specific one is that the field operative types I put up would also know how to do analysis and therefore their equipment would be more specific in its uses.

Last edited by kato13; 01-22-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Tags
nbc