RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2008, 10:53 AM

Default Request for Help in Outfitting Some Antagonists

***EDIT: Title of thread should read: Antagonists...not protagonists, sorry***

Hey all.

I thought this might be a fun exercise for some of you and helpful for me.

I was wondering if some of you who are the type that are fond of gear and weaponry might give me a bit of advice about what military grade equipment and weapons a highly funded group of paramilitary-types might bring with them on a mission that will take place at the high point in a one-shot I'm going to be running for some friends next month.

To avoid spoilers, as a point of interest for those who care and for the sake of clarification, the adventure being run is 'Dead Letter' from Delta Green: Countdown sourcebook.

Now, the group in question is going to be, iirc, a 5 man squad who will be flown by a Bell Jet Ranger helicopter into a highly isolated chemical manufacturing facility, which is located on a pretty remote strip of land on an Indian reservation in, I believe Montana. They will arrive dressed as businessmen and will bully their way into the director of the facility's office with credentials as internal auditors from the parent company who are looking into the botched handling of a project. During this time period, one or two men will probably stay with the helicopter, two will do an ad hoc 'tour' of the facility (being sure to head over to the main security office to get a feel for the place) and the other two plus the baddie leader, will head to the Director's office to try and ascertain how badly he and his staff have botched their respective jobs and how much of the project has been exposed and what holes (or people) need to be plugged.

Now, after a short interview and part way through a tour of the facility with the director, the Baddie Leader will give the word to have the Director 'taken', at which point, his two associates will detain the director. This will happen down in the facility's incinerator room, so no one will hear the Director's screams as he is, for a lack of a better word, interrogated. Once the Baddie Leader learns the extent of possible exposure he will communicate with his higher up, ostensibly by encrypted cell phone. He will give a short numerical coded message to his higher up (a page-sentence-word cipher) and receive a short coded instruction back ("Sanitize").

Now, the Badies will withdraw somewhat and regroup, they will bring their heavy trunks of equipment off the helicopter, head to one of the offices they had earlier commandeered and suit up in their blacked out commando-style gear. What will they be armed with, carrying for gear and wearing?

Hopefully the PCs will intervene at some point, getting a frantic call from a person on the inside at the facility or because they have the place under direct surveillance.

Things that must be represented in the equipment manifest of the baddies:

-Considerable demolition charges and triggering devices/fuses
-Electric Bone Saw (don't ask)
-Minor chemical and bio hazard precautions (no 'space suits')
-Dry ice for keeping bio samples cool
-Some sort of grenades
-Sound suppressed automatic weapons that work well in commando-style operations
-side arms
-Perhaps one or more long arms
-Reasonable amount of ammunition
-combat knives
-Some sort of radio gear
-Some sort of Nightvision gear?
-Basic First Aid
What am I missing?

I was thinking they'd probably go with HKs (MP5s), but didn't want to be presumptuous. I figure the load out needs to be able to be choppered in with 5 guys and easily contained in a few cargo lockers.

A bit of background on our baddies:

*They are classic Boys From Brazil, with one of them being actually born in Germany.

*They have impeccable training and most will have killed before and seen some combat, while one of them (the group leader) has years (and years) of actual wartime & combat experience.

*I am assuming top of the line equipment

*Quiet is best, but they will certainly take a louder approach if they feel it's necessary

*They don't expect a run-in with the military or military-types, though with their mission and what they're already carrying, a heated run-in with police heavies wouldn't be ruled out as a possibility.

*The leader of the squad is merciless, evil, actually bent to the power of the Mythos, yet intelligent and audacious in his planning. He can be low-key when necessary, but understands that expedience and the nature of a possible 'clean up' (ie. destruction) of a facility is, by nature, going to be a loud operation, best handled quickly and efficiently...just as soon as they have gotten all their answers from some of the leaks.

Last edited by AcesandEights; 12-31-2008 at 10:59 AM.