RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 11-15-2020, 07:42 PM

Default Alertnative Uniforms

I really hated the jump suite so I gave my MP teams a Vietnam Era fatigue (Slant Pockets) uniform. It was made of a heavy resist weave material (A combo of spider silk and spectra fibers and Kevlar) There was also a lighter version available if needed. It also had built in knee pads and elbow pads. The uniforms were color coordinated to the teams units
Light Gray was Medical
Dark Gray was mechanical and engineering
Light Olive Green was Ag
Dark Green for Science
Brown was for Recon ( updated to coyote brown)
Camouflage Uniforms were saved for MARS and RATT teams
Light Tan was for Command as well as any major base unit non combat
They also had color coordinated berets and a field cap similar to the WWII German caps. The field caps were the same color as the uniform.
I figured the color uniforms would help teams recognize each others units quickly.
I had also came up with giving the recon teams a set of Civilian style cloths made of resist weave to recon villages and towns in to avoid being noticed to quickly. They could hide radios and weapons on them and if trouble arose they could quickly call for help while trying to unass out of the area. a team of two could walk into a town relatively unnoticed in civies and get a good recon of the town and a feel for the folks before the armor comes rolling in. Pretty much the whole idea of recon and contact.....
Old 11-15-2020, 07:50 PM

I also gave them a more modern load out based on current military gear, Gortex jackets pants for winter, more modern winter boots, a desert kit for those in desert climates also I decided (recently) to allow combat shirts as a piece of uniform.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:33 PM

I took a lightly different tack regarding camo...
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2020, 07:56 PM

I have an infinity for coyote brown as well as A-TAC. I noticed once taking my son out to play airsoft there was a heavy on multi-cam and this would cause blue on blue incidents in heated moments. We both used either coyote brown or A-TAC. We never had issue finding or locating each other in the field and you could easily add pattern with grass or mud/dirt with the coyote brown and A-TAC did a really good job of blending in to the local Texas terrain, I think even better in certain areas. I do own some multi-cam gear, but I wanted something a bit different for my world.. I do see the SF teams using multi-cam/ scorpion. But I think MP teams would want to not be confused with them in the aftermath senarios. I have even considered A-TAC for recon as well as MARS.... Things are subject to change without notification.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:36 PM

A tongue in cheek option for Recon...
https://www.harrysarmysurplus.net/mi...eration-6.html
Old 01-20-2021, 09:24 AM

i CANT STOP LAUGHING!!!
Old 01-23-2021, 09:08 PM

Anyone familiar with the British SAS Stealth suite? A gortex layer worn under your BDU's? The Canadians now have a version . I have an original suite I got gifted to me back in the early 90's. Still have it, Still use it, love the F'n hell out of it. Its starting to show its wear and I am saving for a new one. Best piece of kit I ever owned. A must add for my teams, mine has saved me from some serious cold wet weather issues. With a ninja suit and waffle wear its an awesome piece of gear... Even with almost 30 years of use it is still functioning quit well... If you ever run across one in your life, snag it and dont let it go....