RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 10-08-2008, 01:33 AM

Default a bit of politics and history?

In order to prevent too much political talks on game talks. I propose to start a post on that subject. Just in case, but if you find it insane don't hesitate and say it . I don't have anything against political talk and history talk (I love it). However, before moving here, many were saying that politics was not the point and I think they are still right.

Last edited by Mohoender; 10-08-2008 at 01:37 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:49 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

This board is very good at moderating itself. The only times we have ever come close to going over the edge in in threads related to politics. We have always pulled ourselves back thankfully. Surprisingly religion does not seem to be a sore spot as far as I know.

As long as everyone keeps things civil there should be no problem. I just want everyone to know that a moderator (me) practically lives on this board now. so think twice if your passions might be running away with you. It would take quite a bit for me to pull the moderation trigger, but be aware I will do it if necessary.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:08 AM

I know, I was not thinking about passion but I just felt concerned about an observation that was made a few weeks ago when we still were at RPGhost.

Thanks for the answer. I like it better that way actually.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:05 AM

Mmmmmm... Generally, when I found a thread that causes me too much excitation, I have so much problems to translate it to English language that I must cool me down before trying to write a reply.

No idea about what happened in RPGHost. But I'm with Kato13 regarding that this board seems very good at moderating itself. So, we can try it if people is interested. Why not?

Anyway, you word is an order here, Kato
Old 10-08-2008, 03:50 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

I am probably being overly concerned, but in the last 24 years I have seen more boards than I can count enter into a death spiral of childish behavior over politics. Modern politics seems to be a particular problem as it is not an abstract mental exercise but a actual choice that one makes or has made.

IIRC this board only progressed to the point of passive name calling (ie "if you don't agree, you are an idiot" or "only an idiot would think .....") but it was almost enough to cause me to leave, even though I was not directly involved in the discussion. My belief in the people here kept me from leaving, and they did not disappoint me with the maturity that was eventually displayed.

All topics are open but please tread lightly. This board is my baby now and I will protect it.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:26 AM
...not exactly open casket material

Send a message via MSN to General Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13
I am probably being overly concerned, but in the last 24 years I have seen more boards than I can count enter into a death spiral of childish behavior over politics. Modern politics seems to be a particular problem as it is not an abstract mental exercise but a actual choice that one makes or has made.

IIRC this board only progressed to the point of passive name calling (ie "if you don't agree, you are an idiot" or "only an idiot would think .....") but it was almost enough to cause me to leave, even though I was not directly involved in the discussion. My belief in the people here kept me from leaving, and they did not disappoint me with the maturity that was eventually displayed.

All topics are open but please tread lightly. This board is my baby now and I will protect it.
I agree.... I used to be an atheist but now I realize I'm GOD.