RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2020, 04:08 PM

Default Alternative Crew Vehicles?

Has anyone ever used alternative vehicles to the 150? I have tried a few different vehicles in the past such as the Fuchs 8x8 and also the LAV and its variants. I had also considered the Boxer for an updated time line especially for a British scenario. There are some pretty good vehicle alternatives out there as well as upgrades for the venerable old 150such as the HMV-150. Just curious.
The GM giveth and the GM taketh away..
Old 11-07-2020, 06:49 PM

It is hinted at in the free state modules, that the V-300s come from captured Project stocks.
Old 11-09-2020, 02:39 AM
Registered Registrant

I never got to run the game but one vehicle I was definitely going to include was the Tangram TILOS. A vehicle designed around a Unimog 1700 truck with a large 3-axle trailer. Both the main vehicle and the trailer could be tailored to the user's needs. Examples of potential use included civil protection unit, mobile police station, rescue unit vehicle, mobile doctors surgery and mobile health unit.

Sadly, the company doesn't seem to have survived into the 2010s and the website is now only found on the Internet Archive Wayback Machine (and you'll need Flash to view the pages - but the image gallery still works!)
https://web.archive.org/web/20011225...tilosmenu.html

Ambulance vehicle and trailer mounted medical unit

While the specifications listed on that page are for the civilian ambulance version, there was also an armoured variant offered for military use although I don't know of any nations that bought it. It's listed in one of the Janes armoured vehicles yearbooks but I'd have to search them to find which one. However I vaguely recall that it was meant to offer protection from artillery fragments and .50cal projectiles.

EDIT: Some clarification on the subject - the company Maritime Access Corp. does still exist, it seems they dropped TILOS from their offerings sometime in the early 2000s but I seem to recall that Tangram was the original company and Maritime Access bought up their IP when they closed up shop (or something like that) because I think the TILOS project was began in the 1980s and didn't get enough orders for the company to survive

Also, I did intend to use this as a team vehicle, but I was intending it for science, medical and support teams

Last edited by StainlessSteelCynic; 11-09-2020 at 02:51 AM. Reason: clarifying information
Old 11-10-2020, 04:51 PM

Default Unimog Kiravan and TPZ-Fuchs 8x8

https://www.offgridweb.com/transport...vival-vehicle/

I was and still am really fascinated with the Kiravan Unimog. On my advanced time line it could be set up as a science lab, a mobile clinic, a mobile communications station or even a crew expedition vehicle. The Unimog is such a tough, highly versatile vehicle, that I have frequently used them in my games. A go any where do anything vehicle. I don't know why you don't see them more in the MP..

I also once gave the team a Tpz Fuchs 8x8. , They (the team) loved it, mainly because they could carry a whole lot of crap and they horded a lot of stuff...Damned Vehicle was a rolling barter station.

https://external-content.duckduckgo....jpg&f=1&nofb=1
I have really considered making it my go to vehicle...
Old 11-15-2020, 07:37 AM

My only point(s) in this discussion is that the vehicles, from a logistical standpoint, have to share common items such as tires, axles, engines, radio, fittings, etc. Ideally, a common military vehicle (such as the 5-ton truck) would be used. Details on modified V-150s/V-300s can be found on thesupplybunker website.

Choosing to go with separate vehicle types such as V-150s, Saladins, Unimogs, Prius, etc. Opens up major logistical concerns, spare parts are limited and cannot be easily scrounged, for example. PDs really need to review the vehicle issue from this viewpoint alone.

Flames and comments, as always, are cheerfully accepted!
Old 11-15-2020, 09:26 AM

As an aside. How do people feel about the use of civilian vehicles either modified or stock as part of a Project Motor pool?