RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2020, 01:16 PM

After thinking long and hard about it...I just cancelled my $90+ pledge on their kickstarter.

It really came down to three things for me in order of importance from least to most...

3. It’s a boxed set. I hate boxed sets. They are bulky and easily get crushed. I had funded enough for the metal “special edition” but even that idea didn’t thrill me.

2. It uses my least favorite version of the TL. Version 2.2 TL was silly. By the time of the August coup attempt the Soviet Union / Warsaw Pact were done. All the Eastern Europeans hated the USSR and even the Russians were apathetic. At least in Version 1.0 a person could argue that some vicious crackdowns might have put off the inevitable but by 1991 it was game over.

3. It will no longer in any way connect to 2300AD. As I said elsewhere, my T2K is always the past of 2300AD, my favorite RPG ever. Unfortunately, 2300AD is held by Mongoose Publishing and thus its quality is sub-par. If Free League had gotten the rights to 2300AD I would have funded that in a heart beat. But alas the two are separated so my interest has greatly waned.

Truth be told I’m not really fond of post-apocalyptic gaming any more. It’s so damn over done. I love talking about military vehicles and scenarios but I’m happy with the nearly complete T2K collection I have now and don’t need yet another version.