RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 09-17-2009, 01:43 PM

Default The Duke of Cornwall

Evening all,

To accompany the timeline and other material that I posted earlier I'm currently working on my first UK Regional Sourcebook, which will cover the South West of England. The full sourcebook still neds a bit fo work, but I thought I'd post the write up that I've done for the Duke of Cornwall and his armed forces.

Please note this is not intended to be a canonical work (for a start I chose to change the Duke's name from Malcolm Briggs to Marcus Rose) - as I'm not actively playing T2K I'm doing this purely for my own enjoyment however I would appreciate your comments / questions, so let me know what you think.

Cheers

Dave
Attached Files
File Type: doc The Duke of Cornwall.doc (48.5 KB, 235 views)
Old 09-17-2009, 02:07 PM

I have read it (a bit quickly) and like it personnaly. Nice work on the character and on the way he deals with oposition. I like the part on Penzance and the idea of free looting which in my mind has become a common practice in T2K even for regular troops.

As I'm myself writing a lot of things for the simple fun of it, I kept your text and if you don't mind I would like to use it as a possible inspiration for Cornwall.

Nice work
Old 09-17-2009, 03:04 PM

I rather like it...and the tensions in the Duke's armed forces are just the sort of thing a smart group of PCs can exploit. Not to mention Rose is a vengeful, paranoid maniac who's anger over his wife, the outcome of the shooting in Belfast, and the post-war conditions have basically turned him into a homicidal loon who's acting like a third world dictator...I suppose next week, he'll either crown himself king or make himself PM..I like this guy as a villain...he's perfect for Twilight 2000!

"Red Star, Burning Streets" by Cavalier Books, 2020

https://epochxp.tumblr.com/ - EpochXperience - Contributing Blogger since October 2020. (A Division of SJR Consulting).
Old 09-18-2009, 04:53 AM

Nice. Certainly a good setting for a group of PCs. I spent a week in Cornwall this summer touring around and stayed near Bodmin so the places all fit for me too.

One option you may consider is to add one or two 'heavies' for Rose (or thorns ). I would imagine he would have picked up some allies before he gathered the initial 50 at Bath. Possibly he met a disgruntled tough NCO on charges in military prison whilst he was awaiting the verdict on his Belfast incident? After contacting the NCO he linked up with a wily conman in the Home Service Force. With these 2 behind each shoulder he has more clout while building and someone to delegate to who he can ?trust.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:06 AM

I remember doing a 'Duke of Cornwall'... (I grew up in Cornwall)...

A suggested modification:

If the Duke of Cornwall has RNAS Culdrose then he probably has this firm http://www.helstongunsmiths.com/ (it's literally just down the road)

I'd assume that most of the stock was requisitioned early in the Twilight War - but some of the odder stuff (Mauser rifles?) might have been left and some of the personnel may still be available to repair the deactivated weapons

Seriously... check out the de-activated weapons on the site, I can imagine the 'Duke' carrying something like the gold-plated sterling SMG on formal occasions
Old 09-18-2009, 07:17 AM

I'm not sure deactivated weapons can be repaired - they're basically chopped to pieces, welded up and generally completely ruined as far as I'm aware (such a waste!)

They still look mean though, so could be useful for scaring the peasants....

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem

Tags
cornwall, south west england, united kingdom