RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive

Old 01-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Which service branch do PCs come from?

Matt Wiser 10-07-2004, 10:24 PM Which service branch does your PC come from: I've played both AF and Navy (currently I'm a SEAL LCDR).

pmulcahy 10-08-2004, 12:11 AM I think I've played them all at one point or another, except for Coast Guard (though the campaign I was running whan I was stationed in Korea had several prominent Coast Guard NPCs).

TiggerCCW UK 10-08-2004, 03:26 AM I usually opted for Army if I was playing as an American, although I did once play a downed pilot. In the UK game I played I was a Royal Marine.

TR 10-08-2004, 08:58 PM Of my three PC's the first is an Army Ranger, the second is a Combat Engineer and the third is more in overall command so he doesn't get out much... but was with the 10th Special Forces.

My odd ball character... created to supplement the loss of Simmons to the desk job is a DEA Senior Special Agent (He had been trained by Echo Company so was Ranger qualified) who did operations in Peru and Bolivia on counter-narotics raids prior to the nukes.

Until Later

TR

graebarde 10-11-2004, 08:45 AM The majority of my characters have been US Army 'plain vanilla' grunts, more than often older than average. Some have been senior/staff NCOs, though getting into the command structure surely places added workload on the player. I've also played Special Forces (no NOT the munchie type, but the thinker-doer.. hearts-and-minds type, though direct action is sometimes called for). I even lowered my status to Marine a couple of times ), been a SeaBee, and AF security, but my first 'love' is the PVG light fighter.

"IF you cant carry it on your back it probably isnt necessary."

1. live off your back

2. fight off your web

3. survive out of your pockets

Grae