RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 06-20-2012, 09:32 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
Paul, I've noticed on your site a number of weapons which have a Pen equal to their damage dice. For example a weapon might do Dam 2, Pen 2-Nil.
Given Pen is the number of dice lost per level of armour, how does that differ to a Pen of simply nil?
No, that's more of a stupid mistake and lack of attention to detail on my part. ARRRRGGGGHHHH!

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com
Old 06-21-2012, 08:24 AM

Ah, that makes sense.
Damn, I think I've given you a bit of reviewing to do...

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 06-22-2012, 09:56 PM
The Stat Guy

I'd shoot myself, but the most powerful thing I have around here is a super soaker.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:59 PM

I think that's the most you'd warrant, just as long as it's not filled with some nasty chemicals.
With the amount of work you've done, it's no surprise a few issues have snuck in here and there - it's not like you've got anyone helping you and checking facts, figures, punctuation and calculations! (besides us ungrateful slobs taking full advantage of your generosity )

Mors ante pudorem
Old 06-23-2012, 02:18 AM
Registered Registrant

Just adding to what others have said Paul, your site is immense and has obviously required an incredibly amount of time and patience to build it to what it is. With all the other work you have to do in your own life, people will understand that errors or oversights will creep in.
It takes days to just read through various entries let alone properly review them and as Legbreaker said, it's not like you've got a crew of proofreaders and editors assisting you.
So basically, I'm saying don't stress too much about it, with the years of effort you've put into your site, nobody has a right to whine that you might have a typo or suchlike.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:27 AM

Exactly right, and I for one would be happy to help if I can in even the smallest way.

Mors ante pudorem
Old 06-23-2012, 07:54 AM
The end is nigh!!!

Do you have it backed up somewhere just in case?
Old 06-24-2012, 09:21 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnwolf View Post
Do you have it backed up somewhere just in case?
The pages get made as Word DOCX files, which I keep, and then get converted to HTML files in word. Then, I backup up using Retrospect, and also use Backblaze.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:15 AM

If you'd like somebody to spell check and edit before publication, I'm happy to put my hand up.

Mors ante pudorem
Old 06-25-2012, 04:43 PM
The Stat Guy

I know I have mis-types here and there, but I think I do alright. Usually, mistypes happen to me because I'm thinking faster than I can type.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Sabre Ready!

Send a message via AIM to Panther Al

Paul -

With the proliferation of super short AR style 'Pistols' and extra small SMG's, have you considered making a Machine Pistol category?

Proud fan(atic) of the CV90 Series.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:40 AM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther Al View Post
Paul -

With the proliferation of super short AR style 'Pistols' and extra small SMG's, have you considered making a Machine Pistol category?
It's a thought...but I have lots of thoughts that never get on "paper," or sufficiently gel into a fully-formed or even half-assed idea...so many ideas...too few waking hours...

Old 07-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Sabre Ready!

Send a message via AIM to Panther Al

I understand that feeling.

I went and did a copy past into a word file the firearms I rate as a machine pistol (PDW's are not in that list) for personal use form your files. If you ever get the urge to generate a list, be happy to forward it on to you to save some workload.

Proud fan(atic) of the CV90 Series.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:56 AM

Default Site updated

Added S&W no. 3 model 2 top break DAR added.

3 different calibers.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:03 PM
The Stat Guy

Some days I feel like something George Carlin once said, "I have a lot of great ideas! Problem is, moist of them suck..."

Old 09-16-2012, 10:56 AM
The Stat Guy

30 Aug 12

The German Mortar Carriers page has been heavily rewritten, updated, and corrected. While all entries have been expanded, M-113G Mortar Carrier is a new addition.

In Hungarian Mortar Carriers, Hungary's two nifty Vasilek carriers have been expanded and corrected.

The Indian Mortar Carriers page has been corrected, expanded, and updated.

German Artillery Support Vehicles have been expanded, updated, and corrected. In addition, the FMC/Rheinmetall M-113G1 AOPV and the Rheinmetall Wiesel 2 FDC have been added.

The AC-47D Spooky has been greatly updated, expanded, corrected, and rewritten; in addition, the aircraft has been moved to the US Special Aircraft page (eventually, all of the US fixed-wing gunships will be on that page).

The AR-15 and Clones page has been removed; all rifles that were on that page have been moved to the appropriate places in the regular pages. Experiment over.

In US Assault Rifles A-C, the Alexander Arms AR-17 has been added. In addition, the Alexander Arms Grendel has been greatly expanded, rewritten, and corrected.

In US Assault Rifles D-F, the Daniel Defense Ambush and the DRC Custom Tactical Mini-14/Mini-30 have been added.

The JP Enterprises JP-15 and Kurt's Kustom Firearms P109 have been added to US Assault Rifles G-L.

The Mossberg MMR and Mossberg Tactical .22 have been added to US Assault Rifles M-Q.

The following weapons have been added to US Assault Rifles R-Z outright or have been expanded, updated, and corrected: Rock River Arms Tactical Rifle, Ruger SR-556, Smith & Wesson M&P-15 and M&P-15 Enhanced Rifles, and Stag Arms Rifles. In addition, the Wilson Combat Tactical Rifles section had been modified due to later developments for the Tactical Rifle by Wilson Combat; the section is now listed as Wilson Combat Tactical Rifles (1st Iteration) and Wilson Combat Tactical Rifles (Current Iteration).

In US Battle Rifles A-L, the Alexander Arms Beowulf has been updated and rewritten.

In US Battle Rifles M-Z, the Red Creek Tactical Tomahawk has been added.

It is probably obvious to you readers that some stats to not gibe with each other. This can be the result of mistakes (for example, I got an email recently letting me know that, with the same horsepower engine and almost the same weight, the M-1A2E1 Abrams and Leopard 2E should have about the same fuel consumption. On my pages, there is a wide discrepancy. Another email I got recently informed me that the person who emailed me has an Arminius HW3 in .32 caliber, something I missed. I reiterate, that if you spot a mistake, let me know. I might not get to fixing the mistake immediately, but I assure you I'm working on and off on the mistakes, and hopefully I fix them all sooner or later.

Just to keep you apprised, I decided to get a second opinion on my joint problems. Dr Duncan has pretty much thrown out Fibromyalgia, though she's keeping that diagnosis on the back burner. She's putting me through a battery of tests, including balance (including on my left and right foot), vision, lifting capability of my left and right foot/hand, footstep (I strike hard on my heel with my toes raised, then roll through on my foot, which she tells me in not the kind of step most humans take). I have taken a nerve study on my lover body, and on the 21st will take one on on my upper body.

Her guesses so far are 1) "Paratrooper's Back" --she's treated a lot of soldiers, and PLFs can do a lot of damage to the spine like pinched nerves even decades later; the answer to that can be, depending upon what procedures they use, up to 2.5 years of surgery and recovery periods 2) Multiple Sclerosis, 3) Scarred nerve channels, probably related to military service, 4) and of course, the original diagnosis of fibromyalgia. And it could be a combination of those and even more (for example, why to I have much more muscle mass on my left shoulder than my right, even though I'm very right handed?)

All it adds up to right now is all-over, sometimes agonizing pain that often keeps me at home on a high dose of muscle relaxers and Tylenol 3. I can't drive on those, so when I go places, I normally take someone with me to take over when necessary, so I can take the pain medication I keep with me.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
I might not get to fixing the mistake immediately, but I assure you I'm working on and off on the mistakes, and hopefully I fix them all sooner or later.
And your work is GREATLY appreciated! The world (both real and T2K) wouldn't be the same without all you've done and I hope will continue to do for many, many years to come.
Quote:
Dr Duncan has pretty much thrown out Fibromyalgia...
EXCELLENT! That's about the suckiest diagnosis you could have had.
Quote:
1) "Paratrooper's Back" --she's treated a lot of soldiers, and PLFs can do a lot of damage to the spine like pinched nerves even decades later; the answer to that can be, depending upon what procedures they use, up to 2.5 years of surgery and recovery periods
Doesn't sound great, but at least it can be treated...
Quote:
2) Multiple Sclerosis
Ok, I was wrong, this is probably the suckiest.
Quote:
3) Scarred nerve channels, probably related to military service
Next worst I'd think since nerves have a disturbing habit of not being able to heal...

All in all though, it sounds like you may have some hope for relief and improvement?

Mors ante pudorem
Old 09-19-2012, 10:40 PM
The Stat Guy

I personally think that while I don't know what's wrong with me, it's causing an ever-increasing amount of pain. And I don't want to be doped up all the time; it means I can't drive and the Texas DPS section on painkilling drug exceptions to the normal driving rules reads like something a congressman or senator wrote deliberately so ordinary people can't pull any meaning out of it. I am hoping Dr Duncan has more knowledge on the subject. I can actually claim disable veteran's plates; I just don't think I've gotten quite that bad yet

Paratroopers Back: Have you ever seen a jump unit? You'll note that some of the older troops (COL and above, or SGM, CSM, and sometimes even 1SGs) are walking a bit hunched over and seem to be in a lot of pain. Even when you do a proper PLF, vertebrae, discs, and the nerves between them will get crunched. Add being a light infantryman (once I hit the ground), and you will be often be carrying 50-120 or pounds on your back.

The nerves -- well it depends upon whether they are stretched (can't be fixed) or the channels they go though have scar tissue (maybe can be fixed).

Old 09-20-2012, 05:49 AM
The end is nigh!!!

My wife has diabetic neurophy so I know all about the different ways of dealing with nerve pain. Right now the best is a drug called Nortriptyline which was originally developed as an anti-depressant. The doctor also suggests Oxyneo but she refuses to take it because of fear of being addicted.

Last edited by Cdnwolf; 09-20-2012 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Had to fix spelling of drug.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:57 AM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
My wife has diabetic neurophy so I know all about the different ways of dealing with nerve pain. Right now the best is a drug called Norotriptyline which was originally developed as an anti-depressant. The doctor also suggests Oxyneo but she refuses to take it because of fear of being addicted.
This Norotriptyline would be great, because those who have schizoaffective disorder (like me...great selection of disorders I have...I even have a receding hairline) do not respond to antidepressants. I take Cymbalta, but that's because it knocks out about 40% of the pain -- it has no antidepressant effect. Do you know if it's approved for use in the US? I'll have to talk to Dr Duncan...

Old 09-20-2012, 01:27 PM
The end is nigh!!!

Quote:
This Norotriptyline would be great, because those who have schizoaffective disorder (like me...great selection of disorders I have...I even have a receding hairline) do not respond to antidepressants. I take Cymbalta, but that's because it knocks out about 40% of the pain -- it has no antidepressant effect. Do you know if it's approved for use in the US? I'll have to talk to Dr Duncan...
Although not approved by the FDA for neuropathic pain, a large number of randomized controlled trials have proven the efficacy of tricyclic antidepressants for the treatment of this condition in both depressed and non-depressed individuals. Recently, an evidence-based guideline sponsored by the International Association for the Study of Pain recommends nortriptyline as a first-line medication for neuropathic pain

Nortriptyline is a second-generation tricyclic antidepressant (TCA) marketed as the hydrochloride salt under the trade names Sensoval, Aventyl, Pamelor, Norpress, Allegron, Noritren and Nortrilen.

Hope it helps.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:01 PM
The Stat Guy

26 Dec 12

In US Assault Rifles D-F, the Del-Ton Carbines and Rifles entries were added. The DPMS Panther Recon Rifle was added to DPMS Panther 5.56mm entry.

In US Assault Rifles R-Z, the Rock River Arms LAR-6.8 Coyote Carbine was added to the LAR-15 entry.

In US Battle Rifles M-Z, the Teppo Jutsu Spectre was added.

In Canadian Pistols, the Para-Ordnance Black Ops was added to the TAC-S LDA entry. The Para-Ordnance GI has been added. (Yes, I do know that Para-Ordnance has shortened it's name to just "Para;" eventually, I'll get around to fixing it. But not now.)

In US Grenade Launchers, the Sage Industries Deuce has been added, and the 25mm entry for the Manville Gun/MM-1 has been fixed. (I found out that there is no 25mm version; the actual caliber is 26.5mm.) A little more information has been added to the entry and it's use in the Dogs of War movie.

The Grenade Launcher Ammunition page is in the process of going through a major change; however, I had to post it partially finished, since I needed to provide ammunition data for the 37mm grenades fired from the Sage Deuce, and change the 25mm grenade rounds to 26.5mm, and fix a few other things. The top of the page and the 40x46mm NATO Low-Velocity entries will give some idea of where I'm heading with this page.

In Best Shotguns that Never Were, the Woinchester Wabbit Hunter has been added. (Possibly the most ludicrous entry I've ever come up with!)

The Israeli Mortar Carriers and Japanese Mortar Carriers pages have been rewritten, expanded, and updated.

On the PDF Page, a new fanzine edited by Grimace, Good Luck, You're On Your Own, Issue 1 has been added. Be sure to check this one out; it's a group effort and a good job.

Several of the damage and penetration figures for firearms. In sort, any weapon that has a Damage Rating of 2 and a Penetration of 2-Nil should actually have a damage rating of 1-Nil. This wasn't a mistake when I first started doing it, as I was using a variant damage system, but it has for a long time a mistake and I'll get to working on it.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:05 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Although not approved by the FDA for neuropathic pain, a large number of randomized controlled trials have proven the efficacy of tricyclic antidepressants for the treatment of this condition in both depressed and non-depressed individuals. Recently, an evidence-based guideline sponsored by the International Association for the Study of Pain recommends nortriptyline as a first-line medication for neuropathic pain

Nortriptyline is a second-generation tricyclic antidepressant (TCA) marketed as the hydrochloride salt under the trade names Sensoval, Aventyl, Pamelor, Norpress, Allegron, Noritren and Nortrilen.

Hope it helps.
Hmmm...I see Dr Duncan on the 18th; I'll bring it up.

And wish me luck; I see Dr Casillas, rated as the best foot orthopedic surgeon in the southwest, to let him is he knows how to fix my foot (without losing the arch). He worked on my foot in 2002, but left the city for a while, I'm glad he's back, because he knows about the strange architecture of my feet.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:15 PM
The Stat Guy

18 Jan 13

In US Assault Rifles D-F, the Franklin Armory XO-26 has been added. (It may be moved to pistols later, but the entry text will tell you about my confusion.)

In US Assault Rifles R-Z, the Rock River Arsenal LAR-47 has been added; to the Rock River Arsenal Tactical Rifles Entry, the Tactical Operator-L has been added.

In Swiss Pistols, more information has been added to the SiG-Sauer P-210 entry, filling it out a bit more.

In US Pistols M-Q, the Olympic Arms Wolverine has been updated to include the 2004 version and the features specific to it.

In International Revolvers, the Chiappa Rhino has had the new barrel lengths have been added, as well as the other chamberings now available.

In US Revolvers - Colt A-P, the Frontier has been added. (The New Frontier was already there, so I decided that the revolver upon which they were based should be there as well.)

In US Sniper Rifles A-B, the Alexander Arms GSR was added.

In US Sniper Rifles C-F, the Colt/Cooper M-2012-CLR was added.

In US Bolt-Action Sporting Rifles - Remington, the M-770 was added. Some additional information was added to the M-710.

In Best Assault Rifles that Never Were, the Knight's Armament SR-47 was added.

In British Cargo Aircraft, the De Havilland Rapide was added.

After doing some researching, I have concluded that the .25-06 Remington round should be treated as a magnum round. I'm in the process of changing this. If you you run into an entry that has not yet been converted, increase the penetration of the round one step (for example, 2-Nil would become 1-2-Nil), and increase range by 20%.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:22 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Hmmm...I see Dr Duncan on the 18th; I'll bring it up.

And wish me luck; I see Dr Casillas, rated as the best foot orthopedic surgeon in the southwest, to let him is he knows how to fix my foot (without losing the arch). He worked on my foot in 2002, but left the city for a while, I'm glad he's back, because he knows about the strange architecture of my feet.
I saw Dr Casillas, and I see him again on the 31st, after being X-Rayed, MRIed, and CTd from every angle possible, I think. He doesn't think a simple ankle cleanup will do this time. It's either going to be ankle resurfacing (they sand off the arthritic bones, resurface them with teflon and titanium, and replace some the missing cartilage with silicone and ceramics.

Or, we go for a complete ankle replacement -- they're out of the experimental phase now, and a total replacement can be expected to last 10-12 years as long as I exercise semi-gently. No martial arts, but medium-distance walking, yoga (which I already do), taking one of my dogs to the park, etc. is OK.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:49 PM
The Stat Guy

Here's something for everyone to Google: Grice-Green Procedure, and see how it is screwing up the options for my ankles.

Anyway, I posted some stuff and didn't tell anyone:

01 Mar 13

In US Assault Rifles G-L, The Les Baer Special Tactical Rifle was added.

In US Battle Rifles A-L, the Colt LE-901-16S and the Colt Elite and Pro have been added.

In US Bolt-Action Sporting Rifles T-V, the Thompson/Centure Venture has been added.

In Finnish Sniper Rifles, more information has been added to the Sako TRG.

In Belgian Bolt-Action Sporting Rifles, the new .375 H&H chambering was added to the Browning X-Bolt.

Portuguese Mortar Carriers and Romanian Mortar Carriers have been rewritten.

30 Mar 03

Russian Mortar Carriers and Saudi Mortar Carriers have been updated and rewritten.

In US Fighter-Bombers, the F-16 Fighting Falcon entry has been totally rewritten and updated; I basically updated my research and threw out the old

entry. (BTW, there is still a glaring error with the Kurnass 2000 version of the F-4 Phantom II; I hope to address this sometime by the end of May, though the F-4 Phantom II will require even more research than I did for the F-16 entry.)

All of the Sporting Rifles entries have been fixed in reference to the 2/2-Nil" error.

In US Assault Rifles M-Q, the Mossberg MMR Hunter has been added to the Mossberg MMR Entry.

In Austrian Bolt-Action Sporting Rifles A-So, the Merkel RX-Helix has been added.

In Czech Bolt-Action Sporting Rifles, the CZ-455 has been added.

In US Bolt-Action Sporting Rifles J-K, the Kimber Mountain Ascent has been added to the Kimber 84 entry.

In US Bolt-Action Sporting Rifles N-P, the Nosler Custom Rifle has been updated, and the Nosler M-48 has been added.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:48 AM

(Website in Catalan Language)

We've modified our links page about Twilight:2000 sites. We've added Dave's T2K Files (Rainbow Six) and The Twilight War (James Langham).

Any information about more active sites about T2K will be welcome. Our T2K links page is: L'Argonauta, T2K links
Old 10-02-2013, 08:29 PM
The Stat Guy

Wow, I look at my last posting on this thread, and I've updated my site four times since then. Hmmmmm....

Old 10-21-2013, 04:41 PM

Default T2K v2.2 and TNE Character Sheets

Bona nit!

We've have modified our Character Sheet for Twilight:2000 (v2.2). The new version is available both in English and Catalan languages, as a pdf file or as an Excel file.

Name:  T2K_Full_PJ_Anglès_Davant.png
Views: 164
Size:  61.1 KB Name:  T2K_Full_PJ_Català_Darrera.png
Views: 172
Size:  44.7 KB

The following links will provide you with any needed information about what we have modified with respect to the original T2k v2.2 Character Sheet.

Given that Twilight:2000 v2.2 and Traveller:The New Era share the same mechanics maybe some of you could be interested in our new TNE: Character Sheet:

Any feedback will be welcome! Have a nice day!
Old 10-22-2013, 10:58 AM
Staff Headquarter Weinie

Cool Beans