RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 06-22-2009, 09:14 AM

Default OT: An accident, v2.2 set of rules

A short story:

So, here we’ve got our happy character. Let’s call him...let me think...Marc! Ok, Marc is performing his selected 5th term secondary activity (Ground vehicle: bicycle), riding through a track surrounded by vineyards, returning home after 40km of rough terrain.

Then Universal GM decides that its time to roll for a random encounter for the 4 hour period using the Rural Track column (The tables used by the Universal GM are exhaustive and complete), and adjusting the result for being in an Organized Territory. Ok, He/She obtains a Group result. More exactly, a group of one person using a light vehicle. The Universal Game Master (or UGM), in his/her characteristic and imaginative way, decided to interpret the result as a kamikaze quad and its driver, running at 3 times its safe speed and performing its own secondary activity (Ground vehicle: Wheeled). Both Marc and the quad driver unexpectedly fail their Observation rolls, and the distance of the encounter is reduced to the minimum possible encounter range. Perhaps the UGM took into account some factors like the strong wind to raise the level of the Observation/Perception checks. Anyway, finally the two groups spot each other at the same time (at about 15m), both are surprised and both must roll for panic. Marc and the quad driver pass the Panic Roll and both decide to evade. The dices are not with Marc, who obtains a Catastrophic Failure, this time using the Ground Vehicle (bicycle) skill, but the kamikaze manages to pass his Formidable (due to 3x safe speed): Ground vehicle (wheeled) test. Thanks to good, Intelligence has nothing to do in the Ground Vehicle asset. Collision is avoided, but the Inflexible UGM decides that a major mishap must be applied to Marc and his bicycle. After all, a Catastrophic Failure must have its consequences. A dramatic fall seems a fair consequence of the roll. One meter in height, 20 meters of combat move… The Agility of the cyclist helps to reduce the damage The final result, when allocating hit points: Left Leg (Scratch), Left Arm (Scratch) and Right Arm (Slight). The kamikaze driver decides to flee, leaving Marc and his bicycle knocked down. Everything has happened in a single combat turn. So, the poor Marc inspects his bicycle, after waiting for a turn in the ground, for the first injury of the day. But luckily it seems that Marc is not a novice character, and although the slight wound his initiative still allows him to perform some useful actions. With an Average: Mechanics check, Marc performs a basic repair task to his bicycle, tough the wear value of the vehicle is increased by one (the gears have become fixed and beyond his repairing capabilities with the available tools). By this the kamikaze, suffering a sudden remorse, has returned to the encounter place. Omitting de details, Marc takes advantage of the great richness in insults of the Spanish language (Difficult: Spanish due to the great number and no repetitions), finding that his native Catalan is too civilized for the task. In the heat his monologue, he does not feel the pain of the injuries (he does not knows that his right radius is broken but not displaced) and stupidly refuses any help from the kamikaze, who insists one time after another to transport the cyclist to a hospital or to his home. Finally, our stupid hero is aching all over, but manages return to home (Difficult: Willpower), covering the last 6 km honorably riding on his bicycle…

End of the story. Now I’ve just discover that my immobilized right arm still allows my fingers to write this message…great. These three next weeks with a splint will be too long without writing you some lines! Mmmm… the mouse seems a little trickier.

Let me see…with the v2.2 rule set and accordingly to the basic healing rate my arm will be fine in…Three days! Ei! The doctor must be wrong!!! I will show her the rulebook…

Have a nice day. And beware with the Universal Game Master and his/her random encounter tables! He/She loves playing dices!

Last edited by Marc; 06-22-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
Let me see…with the v2.2 rule set and accordingly to the basic healing rate my arm will be fine in…Three days! Ei! The doctor must be wrong!!! I will show her the rulebook…
This made me LOL. Sorry to hear about the accident, hope you are back at 100% soon.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:38 PM

Well, thank the UGM you didn't get serouisly hurt.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Ouch man... I'm very glad you're okay. But it makes me wonder just how good I had to roll on the dice to survive my accident.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:47 PM
The end is nigh!!!

I would immediately work on upgrading your Spanish Language skill and maybe invest in some body armor.

Quote:
And beware with the Universal Game Master and his/her random encounter tables! He/She loves playing dices!
THE UGM IS ALWAYS FEMALE!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 01:11 AM

Nicely done, shame those healing rules dont apply for you though. I am sure Catalan has plenty swear words if you felt like it, I guess Spanish is easier for this

Hope you feel fine again soon.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:49 AM

I’ll be fine in three weeks. No problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnwolf
THE UGM IS ALWAYS FEMALE!!!
Mmmmmm… I sense the truth in this words…