RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Morrow Project/ Project Phoenix Forum

Old 12-27-2009, 06:38 PM

Default New Morrow Project Game

I have a small group that enjoys the trials and tribulations of Morrow Project. As GM I try to engage and entertain...with that in mind, a question for the group at large....

What if Morrow Project had worked??

What if the Krell attack on Prime had been repelled before the bio-warfare had been introduced?

I have a few thoughts, but would appreciate any insight you all might have.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Or what if they simply had a backup for Prime Base. I have planned for a backup in West Virginia, on a submarine and on an island off Costa Rica (Isla Nublar)

Personally I think a Morrow game where there are missions and support could be really interesting.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:04 PM

What if the project had worked?

Well that depends on what your Project was supposed to do.

1. Set up a high-tech survivalist colony around Prime Base?

2. Wake up 5 years after the nukes and attempt to rebuild?

Number 1 might be possible.

However, I suspect that the second objective is going to be immensely difficult. It will also be so stressful/dangerous that many (most?) MP personnel will not survive. They'll 'burn out' or die within a few years

Having said that, I think that a campaign involving more than the usual single team WOULD be interesting - and solve some of the usual problems.

What sort of timeline do you intend for this game?
Old 12-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt W View Post

2. Wake up 5 years after the nukes and attempt to rebuild?

However, I suspect that the second objective is going to be immensely difficult. It will also be so stressful/dangerous that many (most?) MP personnel will not survive. They'll 'burn out' or die within a few years
While my game might have a larger project than most (50,000 men) I don't expect the small units (which are dispersed to guarantee a percentage survival) to work by themselves for very long. Units will meet up to form larger units quite early.

My game presumes 9 regions each with approximately 5 battalions (1000 men each) worth of units. Depending on the situation within a region, units can eventually fall back to 1-4 fixed locations within the region.

So my general plan is for many small units to become a few large units and then to be dispatched depending on the situation. While game play might suffer I think this has the greatest chance of success.

Last edited by kato13; 12-27-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt W View Post
Having said that, I think that a campaign involving more than the usual single team WOULD be interesting - and solve some of the usual problems.

What sort of timeline do you intend for this game?
My thoughts at this point are as follows:

1: 1988 War. This is what I am most comfortable with. However this is not carved in stone.

2: I want to try the idea of small groups uniting as needed. With support available, I think this is feasible. Build small at first then grow as you can.

3: Little or no mutations. I never really liked the mutants. Although some of the animal mutants DO make sense.

4: Green Beret/Snake Eater support. I have always liked the idea that the GB's were put out there to HELP Morrow. Not as a police force. Although, God help the Morrow team that goes rogue...

5: NO PHOENIX TEAM. Way too powerfull IMHO.

6: The GB's are also a GREAT help with folks like the Frozen Chosen. Or any power hungry Politicians....although Power Hungry and Politician could be considered synonymous....

7: No PSI based powers...I do not care for these...

I see Morrow starting about 3 - 5 years after War. I do forsee a backup to Prime...with the people frozen??? Not sure yet...Morrow has always REALLY had a problem with C&C.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to clivegh
Default If the Morrow Project Works

Funny you should ask this, as in my current campaign (Play by Online Internet)
the morrow project is awakening and trying to rebuild southern California. There is perhaps about 110 Morrow Project Personal who are active under the command of a command team.

The Command Group was a support Engineering one so most of the teams are not combat but engineering support.

As a GM its really interesting to have the Morrow Project some what active in the world and trying to work with local governments to rebuild the US. There is a Lot of politics and large world wide events going on that the team needs to deal with (Both with Guns and Talking).

Its very different than the lone team out on its own trying to survive. Its much more like being in the US military. The Players are still 150 years out of date with the locals so they make lots of mistakes (Mostly paying WAY to much for anything they trade for. The Local on the Team ( a Trucker) has threaten to take all the money and trade items from the team as they are getting taken for 100 times the local amount every time they open there mouths).

But I am kind of tired of the LONE team out to save the world. I want the project to be badly damaged but IT as a ORIGINATION will save the world.

In that way, it any GM want to share a bit (Communications between teams of campaigns, I think that could be great. Esp if its in the form of Emails or Telettype words as the average is that the teams are going to be so far away they will never meet in person.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:18 PM

When is the new edition of The Morrow Project due for publication? I think a campaign of TMP would make a great successor to my defunct T2K campaign.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targan View Post
When is the new edition of The Morrow Project due for publication? I think a campaign of TMP would make a great successor to my defunct T2K campaign.
As of the last time I checked Timeline's website, the new edition is back in the editing stage. The playtesting probably found some holes. I think I am like all TMP oldtimers. We want Timeline to succeed. We want TMP to be arround for a long time. I hope they get it right.