RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 03-08-2020, 03:12 PM

this is what i reseived 2001 when i went to refresher..so this would same things that in 1990 you would receive when mobilised in finland

rk-62
4 magazines
gun cleaninkit
bayonet
combat webbing
backpack
rain gear
gasmask
0.5l canteen
fork/spoon
mesh kit
snow suit
”sissi” parka long winter jacket
fielduniform m-61
steelhelmet
rubber boots
wool underwear
2x underwear shorts t-shirt
4x pairs of socks
fur cap/summer cap
2x mittens wool and leather
balaclava
sleeping back
first aid kit

Last edited by nikoruo; 03-09-2020 at 09:15 AM.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:46 AM
A bad tomato

I have done some more work on my project. It is still very early. But I have a rough guideline going forward, which I need to fill out with material.

I have gone through what I think would be strategic targets by either NATO or PACT in the Nordic countries that would warrant reduction/destruction to deny it to the other part. I have gone for harbors, key point railroad junctions, oil industries and some airports. If people have more ideas for what should be knocked out, let me know. I'll paste the current list in to be "eye-catching".

Sweden
Gothenburg Harbour (cruise missiles)
Malmö Harbour (thermobaric and cruise missiles)
Silte Harbour (cruise missiles)
Lysekil Oil Refinery (tactical nuclear)
Gothenburg Oil Refinery (tactical nuclear)
Nynäshamn Oil Industry (tactical nuclear)
Loudden Oil Industry (Stockholm) (cruise missiles)
Norway
Oslo (strategic nuclear)
Stavanger Oil Industry (tactical nuclear)
Stavanger Harbour (tactical nuclear)
Bergen Harbour (tactical nuclear)
Trondheim Oil Industry (tactical nuclear)
Offshore Oilplatforms (cruise missiles)
Drammen Railroad Junction (tactical nuclear)
Storen Railroad Junction (tactical nuclear)
Hamar Railroad Junction (tactical nuclear)
Honefoss Railroad Junction (tactical nuclear)
Trondheim Airport/Railroad Junction (tactical nuclear)
Iceland
Keflavik Airport (Tactical nuclear)
Reykjavik Harbour (Tactical nuclear)
Denmark
Fyn-Sjaelland Bridge (Cruise Missiles)
Little Belt Bridges (Cruise Missiles)
Fredrikshavn Harbour (tactical nuclear)
Kalundborg Oil Harbour (tactical nuclear)
Aarhus Harbour (tactical nuclear)
Rödby Harbour (tactical nuclear)
Copenhagen Harbour (tactical nuclear)
Esbjerg Harbour (tactical nuclear)
Lunderskov Railroad Junction (tactical nuclear)
Copenhagen City (Massed conventional bombs)
Straits of Denmark (Airdropped mines and/or submarine dropped
mines)
Finland
Helsinki (punitive strikes)
Turku Harbour and Oil Industry (Cruise missiles)
Upinniemi Navalbase (Tactical Nuclear)
Oulo Airport (tactical nuclear)
Oulo Harbor (tactical nuclear)
Porvoo Oil Industry (tactical nuclear)
Kontiomaki Railroad Junction (tactical nuclear)
Tuomioja Railroad Junction (tactical nuclear)
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Nordic Sourcebook. Very Early WiP.pdf (1.27 MB, 80 views)
Old 04-20-2020, 12:28 PM

Thumbs up

I know it's a very early draft but it still looks good

I think Iceland would try to make contact with the Faroe or Shetland Islands with regard to trade or even a place to flee too.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:27 PM

i would suggest that some of the rail road junction or bridge might be hit with F-111 or Su-24 or SF strike. one or two harbors might have had certain parts blocked with sunk ships that will take time to clear. maybe had one or two "seeded" with chemical weapons.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:55 PM
A bad tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by cawest View Post
i would suggest that some of the rail road junction or bridge might be hit with F-111 or Su-24 or SF strike. one or two harbors might have had certain parts blocked with sunk ships that will take time to clear. maybe had one or two "seeded" with chemical weapons.
Good suggestions! I'll factor that in.

I was just a bit lazy with the nukes, because I went with the description of Norway in Boomer

So I felt a bit obliged to sprinkle nukes over Denmark as well, if not more due to the vicinity to the main battle theater of Central Europe.
Old 04-22-2020, 09:30 AM

Some ideas for Finland.

Rovaniemi Airport is public airport and it’s also airbase for Lapland Air Command. In the air base area, there is also Army Air Defense Regiment.
There is also saying that “Finland is an island”. You can find harbors in small towns and its quite common that even factories and mines have their own harbors. Nuking Turku harbor won’t hurt logistics because next harbor is in Naantali (15 kilometers from Turku).

Probably NATO would like to destroy Kemi (two harbors) and Oulu (no less than four harbors). During cold war there were fears that Soviet Union could use those harbors to invade Sweden.
Old 04-22-2020, 11:17 AM
A bad tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
Some ideas for Finland.

Rovaniemi Airport is public airport and it’s also airbase for Lapland Air Command. In the air base area, there is also Army Air Defense Regiment.
There is also saying that “Finland is an island”. You can find harbors in small towns and its quite common that even factories and mines have their own harbors. Nuking Turku harbor won’t hurt logistics because next harbor is in Naantali (15 kilometers from Turku).

Probably NATO would like to destroy Kemi (two harbors) and Oulu (no less than four harbors). During cold war there were fears that Soviet Union could use those harbors to invade Sweden.
Thank you for the information. Yea, in my current draft I have soviets nuking Oulu. After that they during the conventional part of the war bombed it to deny Finland ease of reinforcement to hamper their ability to harass them on the flank as the soviets push towards Norway through Sweden and Finland.

Currently I had NATO nuking one of the major harbors on Gotland to deny that to the russians, but Kemi is a good candidate.

Also, since you seem to have a little more info on Finland. I am thinking about having three "Marauder Kings" in the greater Lapland area. They would be in Kiruna, Haparanda and Rovaniemi. Atleast the "king" in Kiruna would be from the Soviets, as the majority of his men.
Old 04-22-2020, 12:03 PM

what if the Russians take an island like Isosaari to cut off Finland ports. who took it out with a nuK? fingers point but it was a fishing boat with a nuk in the bottom hull.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurken View Post
I am thinking about having three "Marauder Kings" in the greater Lapland area. They would be in Kiruna, Haparanda and Rovaniemi. Atleast the "king" in Kiruna would be from the Soviets, as the majority of his men.
In Lapland area most marauder bands should be quite small. Ten-man crew can easily take over a farm. Larger groups can take over small village. After all you need shelter and food during winter. Population density is very low in Lapland and in 2000-2001 marauder bands larger than 100 men are thing of past.

Former military units can carve small semi-feudal states that control 10 000 – 20 000 square kilometer areas. In Finland most probable place is Sodankyla, its also home of Jaeger Brigade. Probably area can support 500-1000 men unit
Old 04-23-2020, 07:01 PM

Not sure, but has anyone added this?

Sweden
Old 04-24-2020, 01:55 AM
A bad tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
In Lapland area most marauder bands should be quite small. Ten-man crew can easily take over a farm. Larger groups can take over small village. After all you need shelter and food during winter. Population density is very low in Lapland and in 2000-2001 marauder bands larger than 100 men are thing of past.

Former military units can carve small semi-feudal states that control 10 000 – 20 000 square kilometer areas. In Finland most probable place is Sodankyla, its also home of Jaeger Brigade. Probably area can support 500-1000 men unit
Hmm... yea, I know Lapland is harsh. Hence my idea of letting the Sapmi gain effective power in those areas, due to their experience of living of the land. But I underestimated the sheer harshness it seems.

Hmm.. then Sodankyla might be a source of power if nothing else. Haparande should be able to survive due to its fisheries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfield View Post
Not sure, but has anyone added this?

Sweden
Missed that version, always good with inspiration. But it does clash with the established lore at some places, as talks being held in Oslo that was strategically nuked as per Boomer.
Old 04-26-2020, 05:06 AM

Old FDF training video Taistelukentta (Battlefield Finland).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB9ny9SR9Qs

Film was made in 1998. Nice material, if you need some ideas about FDF tactics and equipment in “Twilight era”. All the troops in film were first line troop, only 1/5 of the ground forces had modern gear like kevlar helmets and vests.
Old 05-05-2020, 03:19 AM
A bad tomato

With the files and information available from Antennas new website I have gotten some more inspiration and important tidbits. I have done more work with the histories of each country and region. Below is the current version of the history of the Twilight War in Denmark. Enjoy and please come with critique if I have missed anything.

A Brief History of Twilight War in Denmark
Denmark saw little actual fighting on its own soil except for localized naval raids and spetsnaz raids. This however did not spare Denmark from seeing heavy destruction. Denmark was early targeted by efforts of PACT-forces to deny danish shipping lanes and harbors to NATO to hinder NATO naval units access to the Baltic sea. NATO on its side used extensive mining of the straits to deny PACT naval forces escape the Baltic sea and conduct naval raids in southern Norway and elsewhere. As the war progressed danish harbors on the western coast saw more and more shipping diverted to it as the eastern half of Denmark became all but inaccessible. However this shifted PACT tactics to target key infrastructure hubs as highway bridges, rolling stocks, railroad junctions and harbor installations. During this time the danish population began to flee cities and into the countryside. The remaining military forces that had not been deployed to Germany did what it could to assist local civilian authorities and police to maintain order and stability. When the war turned nuclear in 1997 things turned quickly to the worse for the danish people and government. Most major cities were engulfed in nuclear fire, and virtually all strategic targets as major airports, harbors, logistical and industrial centers received the same treatment. The strategically placed island of Bornholm was notably heavily damaged by tactical nuclear weaponry, leading to the total evacuation of surviving military personnel and civilians to Denmark.

In the aftermath of the nuclear exchange and the reduction of population, production and military personnel the danes reorganized things to the best of their ability. Large numbers of danish civilians fled and were evacuated to Sweden to overcrowded refugee camps. The largest one is placed outside of Kristianstad, Scania in the southern area of Sweden numbering in over ten thousand displaced danes. The danes that stayed in Denmark saw near total societal collapse in vast areas of Denmark. As the royal family survived the nuclear exchange while relocated to Helsingör Castle in northern Zealand island, they formed the nucleus of the interim government of Denmark. Surviving elements of the civilian government attached it to the structure of the royal family, resulting in a modicum of societal stability of the destroyed nation. However, the effective control of that government is mainly restricted to the northern parts of Zealand, which also was the focus of relocation efforts.

Elsewhere Denmark was fertil, but abandoned or destroyed. With vast areas singed by nuclear hellfire and the countryside overburdened by civilians fleeing cities, order and stability soon collapsed. Many turned to banditry in order for them and their families to survive. What remained was terrorized territory with few and sparse lights of stability. Slavery, both voluntary and involuntary soon returned due to sheer nessesity of farming, production and survival.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:32 AM

I noticed in the previews of the new version of Twilight 2000 they have a map of Sweden.
Attached Images

Old 05-13-2020, 09:40 AM
Administrator

The product description for the upcoming 4th edition of T2K mentions that the starting box set includes Sweden as an alternative setting to Poland. Makes sense since the developer is Swedish.
Author of Twilight 2000 adventure modules, Rook's Gambit and The Poisoned Chalice, the campaign sourcebook, Korean Peninsula, and co-author of Tara Romaneasca, a campaign sourcebook for Romania, all available for purchase on DriveThruRPG:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...--Rooks-Gambit
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ula-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...nia-Sourcebook
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...liate_id=61048
Old 05-13-2020, 10:10 AM
A bad tomato

Noticed it.

Don't know how to deal with it yet. I don't know how their history of the war is. So I think that the project will ignore this and keep it lore friendly to T2k v.1, v.2 and v.2.2.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:13 AM
Registered Registrant

In the information they have released so far Fria Ligan gives a very basic overview of the world background and it sounds very much like the timeline from T2k Ver2.2
Old 05-14-2020, 12:07 AM
A bad tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteelCynic View Post
In the information they have released so far Fria Ligan gives a very basic overview of the world background and it sounds very much like the timeline from T2k Ver2.2
Yes. However the official timeline for Sweden in v2.2 is that nothing really happened to it other than the northern territories got ravaged by the war. The map we can see is in the southern middle part, which seems to be destroyed by war. So, both can't be easily true at the same time.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:38 AM
Registered Registrant

Ah yes, good point. With Fria Ligan wanting to make Sweden a site for adventures, they've probably changed the background a lot to make it interesting for players.
So like you mentioned, it's difficult to work out a history for your sourcebook that's compatible with Fria Ligan without knowing what they are going to do with Sweden.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:16 PM

@Lurken
You might find this useful. https://theprinciplesofwar.com/podca...ith-nordbat-2/

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem
Old 08-12-2020, 11:14 PM

I found some "old" military exercise maps that i have saved for greater gaming in some future.i always thought there was just navigational airmaps over Sweden but it turned out to be more.
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2020, 12:16 AM
A bad tomato

If you have other regions showing on those maps I would be interested in giving pics/scans of them to my graphic guy I have secured for the book.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:21 AM

I have but i acquired them many years ago in some vivid dream to reproduce them but it was ridiculously expensive. Since then i realized there is something called copyright and the The Swedish Defence Materiel Administration ( FMV) pulled everything offline because people didn't quote them correctly. Since then Kickstarter has appeared and maybe time is right to see what "value" these maps hold. I will make some attempt to find out next week to find out under what permissions i can reproduce and make publicly available. I'm still in the service so i don't need to start from the bottom to find out but i want to do this the right.
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2020, 01:44 PM
A bad tomato

Oooh, the Swedish maps even! Är du i svenska militären? Jag vet att saker kan vara känsliga, speciellt med militära dokument.

Anyways, I do appreciate any and all effort. What I would do, is to send them to my graphic guy. Ask him to retouch or get inspired by them, and write in the book that the original is feomthe Swedish Armed Forces.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:40 PM

Yup i'm in the service. and since i want to continue to be i will do this right
Old 08-13-2020, 11:39 PM

I can't find mine right now but i think this magazine also included material about the T2K in space and about those stranded in space.This is not the same version as antenna since he used the finish books if i remember it correctly.

https://www.alfaspel.se/482-sinkadus...2-rubicon-nr-3

Last edited by Hybris; 08-13-2020 at 11:49 PM.