RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2010, 11:40 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default Working Hard

Targan 11-09-2005, 03:21 AM I gotta laugh, I only post in this forum from my work computer, and I type pretty fast all through my working day, so no-one can tell what I am doing. LOL. This is a great distraction from what I am supposed to be doing. But sometimes I get a bit behind! Like now!. Ahar ha ha.

ReHerakhte 11-09-2005, 03:29 AM Not that I'm jealous but I am jealous... my boss is so far behind the technology curve that he refused to go onto broadband for the last year or so because in his words, "It's too expensive"

You know how much we pay for our dial-up connection, on a business plan?

Approximately Au$100 a month!

Because the provider has apparently "forgotten" to inform the boss that the plan he was on was so outdated... they sure got their money's worth from us!

He has recently decided to look at broadband when we informed him that even an expensive broadband plan will cost at least $20 less.

Another time, I was looking for some gear for work one time, getting some info before ringing the suppliers for quotes and the boss let me use the net to check some of the manufacturers. I had to bite my tongue to stop myself from laughing when he showed me how to use the net!

Not all his fault though, he's an old bushie who doesn't get into the whole computer revolution!

Cheers,

Kevin

Targan 11-09-2005, 03:33 AM I think my employers must have about as fast a net connection as there is to have. I am actually supposed to surf the net for info as part of my job, so that is part of the reason why.