RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 07-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Resident Medic, Crazy Finn

Default Anyone interested in a PBP-campaign of 2013?

Hi ya guys. It's been a while, with vacation and increased workload.

I am planning on putting together a campaign on RPOL - one that doesn't exactly fall directly in to any of the Twilight timelines nor does necessarily have military characters (though they are as welcome as any other characters).

The setting is a small countryside town with about 500-2000 inhabitants, located somewhere in the Midwest (suggestions about the actual town are welcome). While things start as non-post apocalyptical, rest assured, things will get worse shortly.

I'm looking for people, who are willing and able to post reasonably often and keep on posting. I can understand, if real life gets in the way, but I will be wanting for a heads up in case of a longer leave of absence.

Also, a co-DMing option could be available - I wouldn't mind playing myself every once in a while with someone calling the shots for an adventure or two.

So, who's up?
"Listen to me, nugget, and listen good. Don't go poppin' your head out like that, unless you want it shot off. And if you do get it shot off, make sure you're dead, because if you ain't, guess who's gotta drag your sorry ass off the field? Were short on everything, so the only painkiller I have comes in 9mm doses. Now get the hell out of my foxhole!" - an unknown medic somewhere, 2013.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:34 PM

Sounds like a great idea. I have sent you a PM.

Cheers
Hawke
Old 01-10-2013, 12:49 PM

As the original campaign advertised in this thread did not hit off due to only one interested player, I'm devicing another campaign on RPoL.

The campaign begins about two years before the first nuclear exchange. The characters are mercenaries, working around the Horn of Africa on Anti-Piracy, Anti-Smuggler and Counter-Insurgency operations. They can be practically from any nationality and reasonably diverse backgrounds, but their employer (a medium-sized corporation) prefers them to speak either French or Arabic along with English (which is the command language of the group).

If the campaign progresses far enough, the Twilight War will indeed take place and things will get even more interesting.

If interested, drop me a PM.
"Listen to me, nugget, and listen good. Don't go poppin' your head out like that, unless you want it shot off. And if you do get it shot off, make sure you're dead, because if you ain't, guess who's gotta drag your sorry ass off the field? Were short on everything, so the only painkiller I have comes in 9mm doses. Now get the hell out of my foxhole!" - an unknown medic somewhere, 2013.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:26 PM
The end is nigh!!!

http://www.phantomreport.com/the-mar...private-armies

Here could be the backdrop ...
Old 01-11-2013, 06:07 AM

That was actually one thing I considered, yes. The campaign will have both naval and land based operations, though, and the team will have the use of a helicopter as well but no big ship of their own.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:53 AM
The end is nigh!!!

http://www.bluemountaingroup.co.uk/

Got my background
Old 01-11-2013, 08:43 AM

Team needs at least one (combat) medic and one EOD-trained character (SCUBA-training must for the EOD, but helpful for others as well). Training with boats will be provided by the company.

I'll create the RPoL-platform tonight, so after that the discussion moves there (mostly).
Old 01-11-2013, 11:01 AM

The game can be found here.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:09 PM

I would join if I had better, more reliable internets and a more predictable work schedule.

As it is, though, it's not really feasible at this point.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnwolf View Post
I wonder if they hire Americans...
Old 01-12-2013, 05:17 PM

Yes they would. And should you get the time, just drop by and try it on for size...
Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 AM

Ah, this looks good. I'm in!
Old 01-30-2013, 11:26 AM

The game looks good. I would like to join up if you have space.

I haven't played with the 2013 rules and reflex yet, but the rules look cool and I've always wanted to give it a try.

AF Dude
Old 01-31-2013, 10:45 PM

Just sent my request to join - I think you started already. If so, I'd love to be added just so I can keep up and read it like a book.

Tags
2013, play-by-post, rpol, twilight 2013